Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Gonna keep track of past, present and hopefully future BYOB subforum titles and mouse-over texts ITT, also open for suggestions of new ones and fun ideas!

Subtitles
  • BYOB XP
  • BYOB Enhanced
  • BYOB 8.2: I thought this was the chill forum
  • BYOB 8.2: hell in pastel
  • BYOB 8.2: let the forum eat you
  • BYOB: The Good, Clean, Funnies List
  • BYOB: close all windows and prepre to clam
  • BYOB; a no-kill shelter for battered posters
  • BYOB: The Kingdom of (B/D)ad Jokes
  • BYOB: An Island of Chill in a Sea of Madness
  • BYOB: The more you chill, the better you feel
  • BYOB: This is insane and very wonderful
  • BYOB: Bury Your Own Body
  • Bows, Yule, Orbnaments, Bells
  • Begin, Year Of Butts
  • BYOB: Boxtrot Yuniform Orlie Bilo
  • BYOB: Rolling With The Lunches
  • BYB: We had to remove the O because it was haunted
  • BYOB: No longer haunted
  • Happy Holidays From BYOB!
  • BYOB: It's 2022 Time to Get Out of the Christmas Decoration
  • BYOB: hey other forums how are you
  • welcome to byob: a gentle muddle
  • BYOB: CHILLING SPREE
  • BYOB: An Inside YOB
  • BOOYOB: Is a skeleton a ghost?

Mouse-Over text
  • No whining.
  • No whining, no drama.
  • You all loving suck. You're all acutely aware of that already but check it out: you're all personality-free losers who couldn't generate original content or even make a single decent post to save your pathetic lives. BYOB owns, but this embarrassing
  • my center has always been right in the middle of crazy loud aggressive music, mad downhill rides on a skateboard with no protectors, getting drunk and still having complex logical conversations...you know, I'm not one for chilling, extreme is my thin
  • love deflecting intense personal feelings of inadequacy via being a sarcastic clown like chandler, care about insignificant bullshit
  • One Time I did so much cocaine I had to run around my house, dont ask me why, I was racing my dog. And I won, if that means anything.
  • oh, it's on now, bud *rolls up sleeves* I'm gonna make you feel SO MUCH BETTER about yourself
  • sometimes you just make a post, without reading. just to remember what it feels like. posting
  • a coworker overhears me straining in the toilet stall and i have to reassure him it's fine, im just posting in here
  • The sweet feet, neat Pete, bouncy bungus zone. This is where all akinds of stuff happens, posts, quoting posts, editing posts, replying to posts, getting your posts replied to. There is no greater variety than this, dog, fam, homie, friend, pal, dude,
  • ‘Villains!' I shrieked. 'Dissemble no more! I admit the deed! Tear up the planks! Here, here! It is the beating of his hideous heart! oh hey it’s my Bop-It how did that get under here lol
  • one time i got a chicken quesadilla at taco bell and they ran out of normal cheese so they subbed in the melted nacho cheese and it was so delicious but i've been too embarrassed to order it like that again on purpose.i think about that quesadilla o
  • The car chase scene in Matrix Reloaded was originally going to feature the newly released Toyota Matrix hatchback, but was cut for being "too loving badass" and reshot using motorbikes.
  • can't believe pikachu's fuckin dead, rip to a real one
  • No dude I just came up here to get high and eat a sandwich
  • One time i was hiking and a bunch of butterflies who were grouped up on the ground in front of me dispersed in a beautiful cloud, it was magical, then i looked at what they were all gathered on and it was a poop
  • Much Like Your Ghosting
  • We Got You Socks But It's Cool You Needed Socks
  • this owns. just needs a fanny pack full of molly
  • lego is continuing their assault on people like me by releasing an expensive back to the future delorean and i am steaming mad about it because it should be free and in my hands right now thank you very much
  • bubba gubba borba lindtsen joober flambin' trink brank gornky
  • i remember being aghast that all of my ideas were considered too silly for the zybourne clock
  • i hope heaven got room for a player like me i say as i buy enough doritos to kill 3 elephants
  • we are still looking!

If you happen to have any records of old mouse-over and subtitles, I'm happy to add them here so we have an archive of all the cool things we named our forum after, and somehow we cannot remember because the current one has been in place for so long :sun:
Feel free to suggest or talk about or quote or emptyquote new subtitles or texts! We'd like to have some variety here from time to time, as it is very important how the grey forums see us :devil:

New research has shown that forum titles are set to a maximum of 32 characters and mouse-over texts are limited to 250 characters.
__________________________________________________________________________________
BANNER ADS
In the past, we occasionally had banner ads rotating ads we made together for BYOB, linking directly to our lovely forum! In order to avoid having them lost in history, I collected them and want to archive them here, so we have a nice museum of ads - and of course can re-use them again to lure people into BYOB again!

vv

Here are the threads I took these from for archiving purposes, if you happen to find even more threads and banner ads, tell me and I'll add it here!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888163
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944960
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913434

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

lol I remember that one even
Also there was a dongarium time, not sure if title or mouse-over and not sure what the exact wording was, it seems to difficult to remember what we had back then

Goons Are Gifts

lmao

added all of those above, keep it going, we can travel into the past together!!

Goons Are Gifts

in it, voted 5

Goons Are Gifts

woah amazing slumpy, thank you so much
I remember the hell in pastel one, drat that was a bad time back then

Goons Are Gifts

Gonna make a mean thread and insult all of you dirty little FUCKERS that I love way too much to be mean to actually

Goons Are Gifts

Our current mouse-over was posted by bopeps in the chat thread iirc, about a year ago, too, around last sheep & wool festival obviously
Happy to get a new one in, there are so many good posts we can go for here

like here's my pitch:
butts lmao that lmao isn't part of the text it is me finding butts inherently loving funny

Goons Are Gifts

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I don't know anything about old forum titles, but if you're looking for new ones I want to nominate:

I like this

Goons Are Gifts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

BYOB: this is insane and very wonderful

It's the perfect description of byob

Jaguars! posted:

Wasn't it just BYOB: hi at some point? Or that might have been the mouse text.

I can't remember, but I can imagine! If anyone has any historic context, I'm happy to sort it into our by now sizeable collection of titles and mouseovers

Goons Are Gifts

Okay so the big post didn't really make it through, you can check the new hover text to see where it ended up at, but there is a rather low maximum number of characters for those, we just found out!
I kinda want to keep this for now because lol but ehm yeah we probably need a new one in longterm

Goons Are Gifts

Alright just for future reference, the admins have found out that the title box is limited to 32 characters and the description is limited to 250 characters, so we can work in the future with this!

Goons Are Gifts

spoopy titles needed, it's The Month

Goons Are Gifts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

BYOB: Bury Your Own Body

Oh hell yeah, maybe a super short scary story as mouse over to go along with that?

Goons Are Gifts

Yes!!

Goons Are Gifts

Spooky

Goons Are Gifts

We should probably dress up for winter and gifting season soon, anyone got an idea? I have the feeling people start seeing the halloween title and think we are doing criminal things in here and they must not find out

Goons Are Gifts

sk posted:

BYOB: i think about that quesadilla often

Honestly, same

Goons Are Gifts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Bows, Yule, Orbnaments, Boxes Bells?

google THIS posted:

BYOB: Merry Chrismahanuquarankwanzakahtine To You

Kinda considering doing either of these two, but I can't decide, it's so much pressure

Goons Are Gifts

canyoneer posted:

one time i got a chicken quesadilla at taco bell and they ran out of normal cheese so they subbed in the melted nacho cheese and it was so delicious but i've been too embarrassed to order it like that again on purpose.

i think about that quesadilla often. this was in 2014

also this would be an s-tier subtitle imo

Goons Are Gifts

Yeah I'm gonna try this hold on

Goons Are Gifts

Should we get something fresh for the new year? Something that gives everyone a cheer for the exciting new year?

Goons Are Gifts

I love these butt based suggestions for some reason

Goons Are Gifts

Stoner Sloth posted:

as the poet said 'what are small dogs, but a focusing lens for farts?'

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

New forum subtitle please

Might be a great mouse-over, we do need a new title though, too

Goons Are Gifts

should just explode the character limit and do all of these

or use the short version of all of them
BYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOBYOB

Goons Are Gifts

For mouse over, yes, for title that's probably gonna be a quite short, that's like 32 characters or something

Goons Are Gifts

drat lol

Goons Are Gifts

RickRogers posted:

Boxtrot Yuniform Orlie Bilo
I quite like this title as BYOB: with

Finger Prince posted:

The car chase scene in Matrix Reloaded was originally going to feature the newly released Toyota Matrix hatchback, but was cut for being "too loving badass" and reshot using motorbikes.
This or the pokemon rap idea as mouse over, but I'll give it another day before changing it because lol

Goons Are Gifts

cruft posted:

The joke is that Finger Prince posted in the wrong thread, and GaG, not realizing it was a mispost, thought it was a really good mouseover text.

I assumed it was the wrong thread which is why it's so perfect, what could be more byob than :justpost:ing so hard that you end up in the wrong thread

Goons Are Gifts

the b stands for sex

Goons Are Gifts

*clears throat*
pals, you know what fine it is... I hear ghosts...

Goons Are Gifts

woah I love those

I dunno I can't decide, emptyquote what you guys like the most, let chaos reign

Goons Are Gifts

the ghosts have granted us clarity!!

Goons Are Gifts

Percy Teatwillow posted:

i really like this as a possible November submission

that is a powerful hovertext, then we only need another title, now that we conquered our Os back!

Goons Are Gifts

knutting

Goons Are Gifts

do you guys wanna get dressed for Christmas already or is that too early? I dunno anymore since you can buy Christmas candy since June

Goons Are Gifts

Oh poo poo that is really good

Goons Are Gifts

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Happy Holidays from BYOB: We Got You Socks but it's Cool, You Needed Socks

lets do that

Goons Are Gifts

hello hi welcome which holidays are we celebrating currently

Goons Are Gifts

spring???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i am tired of the repressive reign of seasonal forum titles and so i vote for something that has nothing to do with any season whatsoever

your request has been received and is now being reviewed by the lurkers and posters of this thread, please hold