Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
WW2 stayed away from Switzerland, Sweden and Swaziland because they had no quarrel with the swastika

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You see the japanese were preparing for last stand lalalalala the atom bombs were actually lalalala many lives were saved lalalalala it wasn't a war crime lalalala my research has public funding lalalala they wouldn't display the enola gay in a museum if it was lalalalala i can't hear you lalalal i get to juxtapose actual casualties against hypothetical ones because lalalala gently caress you

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have owned three automobiles, one from each axis power. It worries me.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

imagine being a farmer in rural germany 1933 and rolling up to one of hitlers rallies for the first time.

hoo boy whats all this excitement about, cant wait to meet this hitler fella. gee thats a lot of red and black, seems a little aggresive huh guys oh no

*farm is eminent domained to make way for an autobahn*

*the complaints department of the third reich zoning buerau is just one guy pointing a gun at you*

*the bahn gets built*

*the bahn gets bombed*

*the autobahn is forever mentioned as the one good thing about nazis*

Jürgen the farmer is loving pissed off about autobahns

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I love how some swedish nobodies came to fight for the finns in the winter war but then england stole their thunder by sending christopher lee lmao

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gargamel Gibson posted:

When the Second World War broke out, [Christopher] Lee volunteered to fight for the Finnish forces during the Winter War in 1939.[38] He and other British volunteers were kept away from actual fighting, but they were issued winter gear and were posted on guard duty a safe distance from the front lines. After two weeks, they returned home.[39]

:(

Obviously Saruman doesn't fight in the front lines. He upgraded the finnish bog orcs into uruk hai who of course lost the war but not as badly as standard orcs would have.

One time the soviets even thought meat was back on the menu when they tried to steal the orc soup in the Sausage war

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Remember when Finland joined the Axis (under their leader, a tsarist general, mass murderer, and pal of Hitler, also voted Greatest Finn of All Time) and we all collectively decided to forget about it because, idk, Finland is honorarily Western?

Yup. But we in finland have these terms called "Separate War" and "Driftwood Theory" because obviously we can't be bothered about what others did during in that whole sordid WW2 business and nothing we did was our fault.

There's no denying that german assistance was pretty crucial in repelling the soviets. And getting invaded by the Soviet "Stalin" Union wasn't exactly great. But high-fiving the motherfucking führer does look bad when some bothersome historian brings it up

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

thatbastardken posted:

the Finns did ally with the Germans, but they also went to war with the Germans so it's kind of a wash.

Tbf that was because we had already surrendered to the Soviets and they told us to drive the germans out.

Not saying it wasn't a good idea tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
All the Apollo rockets were meant to hit London but old Werner couldn't aim for poo poo