Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I always wonder why the Germans didn't stop to France when they saw that they couldn't break into Britain.

The answer seems to be Genocide, and debts.

quick edit: Also, and that I already knew, Nazis are stupid and prideful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

FooF posted:

It wasn't until the dropping Firebombing of Tokyo (which killed more people and demoralized the populace as much as, if not more than, the atomic bombs) that Japan began considering surrender. My undergrad professor was also adamant that the Japanese surrendered only because Russia entered the war against them. The Japanese also stereotyped the Russians and absolutely did not want them invading the mainland.

I watched a Netflix documentary about WW2 and they were saying that the bomb did have much influence on the Japanese leadership to surrender to the American. It was when the Russian tried to invade them that they choose what they saw as the lesser of two evil.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 20, 2020