Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Blistex posted:

Burt once threatened to ban me for racism in another GBS WWII thread because I was using abbreviations when comparing nation's pre-war manufacturing capacity. Ex. "Ger, Usa, Rus, Jap, Fra".

If I recall he said, "that's intolerant and I don't stand for that kind of stuff".

Very surprising what Burt did and didn’t stand for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
We got Catch-22 out of the deal, too

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

feelix posted:

Huh... I was told by an old man that you loved World War 2, which is probably my second favourite war. My first favourite is a fictional one with aliens, but also when people mention World War 2 I complain about how they don't respect World War 1 enough and google how many people died. I know about "trench foot" now.

which old man

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
nice

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
....a simple "Yes." By all means sir, drop that fucker, twice!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Necros posted:

the d&d mod worked for the state department and was killed in benghazi during the embassy attack

wrong mod, please don’t mix up vilerat and grover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I think it’s cool that the Soviets called it the Great Patriotic War. That’s good branding.