Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Caynt fer the life a me git the dang ol peedee-eff to print fer my license renewal. Hayow the hell am I gunna git this filled out and sent to em be-fer turkey season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there's an endorsement stamp for "antifa". margy, what's an "antifa"? are they good to eat?

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

they'll get my guns when they pry my fingerprints off the fingerprint sensor on the trigger with the....Joan, where's the book that explains how the apps work

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
drat coyote caller needs an app to work, but I can't find it on the Google. Mark next door has an iPhone, maybe he can help. JEAN! I'M FIXIN TO HEAD NEXT DOOR! WHAT? HOLD ON :dials phone: Hey hon I'm heading next door to talk to Mark.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
Owns a smartphone but listens to the NOAA forecast on a two way radio

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

HamAdams posted:

Owns a smartphone but listens to the NOAA forecast on a two way radio

Just smdh if you hunt in places with reliable cell coverage. That said I use the forecast feature on my inReach a lot.

I also effort posted a hunting thread here to maybe migrate from TFR and draw a bigger audience. Didn't see this one but here it is anyway: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933080

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The Voice of Labor posted:

there's an endorsement stamp for "antifa". margy, what's an "antifa"? are they good to eat?

I ain't got onna dem antifa endorsements, but I gots me one for nazis. Ain't granpappy killed all them nazis back in fohty fahve?

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Red squirrels eat the nuts off pine squirrels, and that's a fact :clint:

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Who needs a license to kill hisself a deer? God himself gav me a license an I'll do as I drat well PLEASE

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dam dat deer's a bloody mess, like he was ona dem dead angels in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

charliebravo77 posted:

Just smdh if you hunt in places with reliable cell coverage. That said I use the forecast feature on my inReach a lot.

I also effort posted a hunting thread here to maybe migrate from TFR and draw a bigger audience. Didn't see this one but here it is anyway: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933080

Is the inreach forecasting worth a poo poo where you were at? I mean maybe it was because we were out in the middle of nowhere idaho, but it was ridiculously inaccurate and the premium forecasting was like 10x worse, if only because they were just as inaccurate but they went out days ahead.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

thatguy posted:

Is the inreach forecasting worth a poo poo where you were at? I mean maybe it was because we were out in the middle of nowhere idaho, but it was ridiculously inaccurate and the premium forecasting was like 10x worse, if only because they were just as inaccurate but they went out days ahead.

It's fine unless you're at altitude, in which case you need much more localized forecasting like https://www.mountain-forecast.com/

If I needed something localized I'd just message my wife to have her look it up or something.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

charliebravo77 posted:

It's fine unless you're at altitude, in which case you need much more localized forecasting like https://www.mountain-forecast.com/

If I needed something localized I'd just message my wife to have her look it up or something.

nah this was anywhere from 3200 to 7200, the entire region and it was just ridiculously bad. No highly localized weather

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
Shows up to the parking area wearing a tiger skin singlet and packing a Clovis point tipped spear. “Alright, which cliff are chasing these critters off of?”

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

iammeandsoareyou posted:

Shows up to the parking area wearing a tiger skin singlet and packing a Clovis point tipped spear. “Alright, which cliff are chasing these critters off of?”

look at this whippersnapper who isn't an actual first human in the hemisphere

fuckin mesolithics ruining EVERYTHING

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Do you prefer a Dodge Ram or a Ford F-150 for shooting at turkeys at with your AR-15 while on the move?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

thread necroed because the outdoors escape from the menace of covid has now turned to the indoors escape from the menace of monkeypox laden deer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

charliebravo77 posted:

smh if you carry an inreach instead of a portable HF ham radio and a long wire antenna you throw into a tree in a pinch