Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Oh poo poo a fishing thread.
I hardly ever fish anymore because most of my free time is taking up with being a dad now and also I'm a fish biologist so I see a loving lot of fish in the field and the lab.
Anyhow I did a bunch of urban fishing this spring and it was real good.
Can I get an invite to the discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

rap music posted:

I like lazy rivers and am generally considered a large human at 6’4” 230lbs, no idea what an appropriate price is though

Where do you live? Approximately.

You should be able to find a simple boat to start out on for $400 or less. You don't need a Fishing Kayak to fish from a kayak, much less to start out. I fished for years out of my Old Town Voyager and never once had the urge to get a Fishing Kayak, but I did farkle it a little bit as I went. I think I paid ~$325 for it brand new at Dick's in 2007.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 13, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

rap music posted:

Mid Atlantic. I think you're right as my gear is limited to a single spinning rod and a fanny pack. I guess my main concern is getting something that cuts through current but won't immediately sink when I sit in it.

I don't know anything about the modern sit on top and hybrid kayaks and canoe things that have been booming the last few years, but they all seem to be pretty stable and capacious. I've personally always been a classic canoe and sit-in rec kayak guy, but I don't weigh much. Used to be that sit-in rec boats were superior for straight tracking and holding lines, but it seems like tech for human powered boats has come a long way in the last decade.
Just randomly searching on Craigslist came up with this one, which has decent reviews on paddling.net. It doesn't seem to have much of a keel, so might take a little work to keep tracking straight.

This one is priced high but it's nicely kitted. You couldn't stand in it comfortably, and it'll have the classic kayak tippiness. I'm a stan for Old Town boats though. That one in particular is short and round, so probably not the best for straight tracking across flat water.

This Old Town Dirigo is a little pricey but would absolutely hold your weight, be easy to fish out of, and track straight. Out of the three, I'd pick it for myself if I was in the market.

Prices are high in your area, maybe it's a COVID thing.

Also here's a good effort post from the paddle boat thread:

Yooper posted:

Avoid anything that started life at a Walmart or Menards. Even a bargain outdoors store like a Dunhams can get Perception or other mid tier brands. I've had kayaks all the way from a Skerray 17' to my current Perception sit on top. I found that I never needed what the Skerray was capable of, rarely need what my mid-tier Tsunami 140 was capable of, and am very happy with my sit on top Perception Pescador. For your use I'd look at a 12' boat, but when you say touring I think longer skinnier boats. The longer the boat the narrower they can make the whole thing (which reduces drag) so you can paddle it further with less effort. But the initial stability is reduced. A beginner really likes high initial stability, where someone with great paddle control excels in a boat with less initial stability. The longer the boat the better tracking (usually) but it will also maneuver a bit slower.

Something like a Pungo 12 is a pretty chill unit with a decently comfortable seat. You can still buy a skirt for it if you desire. It'll have a single bulkhead for some gear, but you won't be storing much gear in it. My uncle has a few Pungos and virtually anyone can jump right in, paddle, and have fun. There is also a Tsunami 12.5 that is higher performance. (And narrower cockpit) I really liked my Tsunami 140, so I bet the 125 is a good boat too. A friend had an Old Town 14' and it paddled like a milk crate, I could consistently outpace him even though I am in worse shape, the hull form sucked. I've used Wilderness Systems stuff as an example because it's pretty common and you can explore alternatives yourself.

I've never kayak'd the Apostles but Lake Superior is a special kind of animal. I'm near Pictured Rocks and without fail, every year, someone gets in trouble using a totally inadequate Sun Dolphin 8 foot or some dumb Walmart boat. Usually it's August and they are close enough to shore to not die. There is all sorts of signage posted now about it and that has helped. But even in August hypothermia is very real for anything away from shore. Make sure you are very comfortable with self rescue and probably wear a wet suit if you are straying any distance from the cliffs.

PM me if you ever end up in the UP, I can put you on some good kayaking.

Have you considered a stand up paddle board? My wife has an NRS Baron that I use sometimes and it's a great fishing platform. It's 4" thick, and the 6" version is even more stable and higher weight capacity. Not nearly as fast as a kayak, and poo poo in the wind on open water comparatively. You get wetter and moving is harder work, but they are the simplest watercraft there is and they can't sink.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 13, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

What's a good budget all arounder 5 wt fly line? I probably fish more streamers and nymphs than dry, but poppers and hoppers too.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dik Hz posted:

Depends on what you mean by budget. Scientific anglers is probably the best quality per dollar.

If you're going to spend money on flyfishing gear, you'll get the highest quality of life improvement by buying really nice fly line. I'd much rather cast a cheapo WalMart fly rod with high quality line than vice versa.

Uhhh budget like under $50. I'm thinking WF floating is best. Scientific Anglers has a couple that fit all that. I just can't justify much more than that right now since I need some critical motorcycle stuff.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dik Hz posted:

I've bought several of the $45 price point Scientific Anglers line and they'll all performed well.

Thanks, their boost stuff looks like it'll do the job.

KingKapalone posted:

Where should I shop for tackle? There's a Dick's nearby but Cabela's isn't. Are Amazon prices good? I've heard of Tackle Warehouse too. Best price would be great so I don't feel AS stupid casting into a tree.

Don't turn your nose up at Walmart for some basic rear end tackle.
Also search for local bait shops if you want to do the small business thing and maybe get a tip or two.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I've gotten some good responses about this question from the discord, but I figured I'd put it out to the thread too.

I'm thinking about getting the lightest ultralight spinning rod I can find for making urban park pond fishing even more fun. I currently have St. Croix's lightest offering, a 5'6" 1 piece, fast action, loaded with 4# Vanish. It's still a little heavy for tossing anything smaller than a 1/16 jig, and the little sunfish around 6" that are so numerous barely even bend it. I want to toss tiny jigs and grubs on 2# line, maybe even an occasional bass bug. Suggestions so far have been Fenwick ultralights and Kuying superlights (out of stock on AE at the moment).

So what's the lightest spinning rod out there?

Alternately, maybe I'm dancing around Tenkara. What's a good starter Tenkara setup?

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 14, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Nestharken posted:

A friend got me into fishing a couple months ago and I've been out a few more times since then. I caught this guy while video chatting with my folks this afternoon--was kinda fun to be able to show it off in real time. Only bite I got all afternoon, though.

I'm still putting together babby's first tackle box; so far I've got a $20 Amazon starter kit, a few frogs, some Senko worms, and the thread-approved dick spoons. Are there any other must-haves for the Ohio area?

Nice

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Caught fish

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I got mine on amazon, apparently others are coming from eBay.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

mastershakeman posted:

Im up at my family's lake cabin (200 acre lake, max depth 90gt) where I normally just do low effort lures from a canoe or dock. I usually catch logs but sometimes pike and never the walleye or bass here

I'm super sick of seeing the fish rise off the peninsula I'm on , happens like clockwork and if I get anything over to it they won't bite and I usually snag anyways

So I got a basic fly fishing kit off of Amazon that finally arrived. I'm messing around with it from the dock. Already having problems with the line kind of ... Spooling out around the reel instead of shooting out? Not sure how to describe it.

Basically I know I need newbie tutorials and am looking for links. Once I can figure out casting I want to go hit the streams near me that have lots of riffles but I probably need to do that next year

My cousins up here fish super hard but I'm really low effort and just want to enjoy it

If I understand correctly, you're stripping line off the reel, and the reel spins for a few turns after the strip and loosens the next few wraps of line? Like an overrun on a baitcaster? Try increasing the drag a bit so it won't spin freely, but not so much you have to yank on the line with much effort to strip it off.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

mastershakeman posted:

Christ this is complicated, I feel like I hit myself half the time with the line

Just to confirm I have the leader off the end of the rod, some of the heavier line out to get me started, the line runs through the guides on the rod, have some pooled at my feet (with left hand holding line by first guide hole to try to avoid tangles) and then the line into the reel?

I think I'm also snapping my wrist in reverse almost like a whip, as in I snap as soon as I come from 1 o'clock instead of waiting to snap at 10 o'clock

Take my comments with some caution, I am not a great fly caster. But here are some things that might help you with the mechanics of it and that helped me.

Try starting out with like 20’ of fly line out straight on the ground in front of you, leading away. Point the rod straight at the horizon with a straight but not too stiff arm. In one smooth motion, not too fast but fast enough that it bends under the weight of the line, pick the rod up all the way back to 2:00. Stop there and let the line just fall wherever it does. Reset and repeat. Doing that exercise a bunch helped me feel what it likes to have the rod load up. Once you’ve got it smooth over and over, don’t stop at 2:00, but pause there, turn your head, and watch the line fill out the backcast. When the line is about half finished unfurling (1-1.5 seconds maybe?), reverse that smooth motion back to 10:00 and stop, letting the line just fall straight out in front of you. Do that over and over until you have the backcast and forward cast paired up. You’ll know you have it when you feel the rod load up smoothly in each direction. Don’t strip out any more line, but hold onto it with your line tending hand. The more line you have out, the slower this process is, and the easier it is.

After you have the feel of loading up the rod down, then start with a pile of line stripped out at your feet and a longer series of back and forward casts to get the line out. Adding more line to your cast is most complex at the very beginning of the cast because the frequency of the cast is a lot higher and faster. That is, you’re whipping the rod back and forth a lot faster when you have a short length of line out than you do with a lot of line out because the weight of 8 feet of line loads the rod up much less than 25 feet does.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 20, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dik Hz posted:

I mean this in the nicest way possible.... Explaining how to flyfish is a fool's errand. It either takes a 10-minute in-person lesson from someone who knows how to cast, or 2 years of self-discovery. There is no middle ground.

Oh I know. That’s why the bulk of my :words: are on learning how to load the rod. I remember when I finally felt that fall into place on both the back and forward casts, everything got easier. I spent way too much time trying to do all of it at the same time from the beginning.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I’ve spent the last few days building a new tip section for my fly rod that I had built for me a few years ago. I broke the tip off a couple weeks back and my friend who built it still has the spare tip section and loaned me all his rod building equipment. It went pretty well in that it’s functional with a “stand back and squint” appearance, so now I’m thinking about building a 2 wt from a kit.

Also I tied a handful of flies I’m calling Wu Tang Killer Bees for late summer sunfish.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

rap music posted:

i feel like an idiot for agreeing to show a couple friends my unmolested bass hole tomorrow

Take em somewhere else and if fishing is poo poo, say “welp, guess they’re off today.”

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

DeesGrandpa posted:

Nah if theyre friends show em the good poo poo. Too much weird secrecy in fishing, everybody can find water on the map and nowhere will be secret for long term so might as well enjoy the good times with friends.

This is actually the right answer. You can also politely request they keep it between you so you can enjoy it together in the future without too much traffic.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yooper posted:

I have one friend who is a fishing fool (to the detriment of career and relationships) who showed a primo steelhead spot to a dude. Said dude showed it to his brother, who is a trout-salmon guide, and my buddy arrived at his gnarly hole to find the guide with clients tromping about.

Another friend has pledged to show me the greatest brook trout lake ever... once his father dies, and not before.

The way I see it, there's less fishing pressure than ever and the more you can do to get people on fish the better. Keeping people interested and engaged in keeping the water protected and able to be fished will be priceless. Hell of a lot of good your prized hole will be when access is closed off and the fish gone. That said, if I show someone a spot and it is suddenly populated with idiots, I just won't show that person a spot again. At least not a good one.

This is kind of a slippery slope fallacy and I don’t think it’s accurate here. You’re right that license sales are declining, but it’s not because people are keeping their favorite holes private, it’s because they’re not introducing people to fishing at all. I’ll always take someone fishing, and their friends and those friends’ friends too, and always to somewhere I think they’ll catch fish. I’ve been working in fisheries management on public waters for about 15 years and fishing public water for a lot longer than that, and I can say I’ve never seen a water closed from lack of activity, but very frequently see reaches of river or shoreline closed for riparian vegetation restoration because of overuse. Repeated use by more than a handful of people creates social trails that funnel even more people in to a spot, and then you get trash, abandoned line, human poo poo, etc. So I don’t have some kind of illusion that too many people knowing my favorite spot will result in all the fish being taken out. I do know for a fact that a good spot will get hosed up in a lot of other ways before the fish are affected though.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 23, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dangerllama posted:

Show your friends the goods. That’s why they’re your friends.

But…

This has not been my experience.

Depends on where you are. In growing metro regions (Denver, Atlanta, PNW), pressure grows on public waters because the population is growing fast. But nationwide, license sales for hunting and fishing are declining pretty hard. Maybe not since covid, but in a long term look back, they are.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

prom candy posted:

where do you guys live that you have these holes? every piece of water near me is either very well known or private.

I live in front range Colorado, where nearly every bit of public water is heavily fished. Even the spots that I think of as honey holes get fished a bunch, maybe just not quite as much as some of the others. A buddy of mine showed me one of his secret spots recently and there was evidence of other people fishing there but not nearly as much as some of the nearby spots accessed by the same trailhead and parking lot.

I used to live in Arkansas, where there is always fishable water within 10 minutes of you, so I could get pretty choosy. I only had a couple “secret” holes that I only ever showed to family and close friends, but they were also clearly other peoples secret holes too. I mean they were on public lakes or rivers, adjacent to plenty of other good spots, but they were special to me because I could always paddle in in a kayak and never get waked or partied near.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dik Hz posted:

Cover the water, find the spots. Ignore the conventional wisdom. Fish are everywhere.

tesilential posted:

But definitely introduce people fo fishing.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Night dick moves

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Help!
I have an old Abu Ambassadeur 5500, not the 5500c, not an Abu Garcia. I don’t know poo poo about baitcasters but want to put it on a rod and use it for baitfishing in deep water for catfish, pike, big trout, walleye, etc.
What kind of line should I use? Braid?
What kind of rod? An Ugly Stik of some sort is my go to big fish rod, at least for a spinning setup.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

crazypeltast52 posted:

The dickspoons are not a joke. I caught a tiger muskie with one.

Edit: picture uploaded upside down, I’ll fix it with non-potato quality soon

drat

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

King of Bees posted:

I should get a dickspoon (huge, natch) and go for some sharks

Don't just talk about it, do it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

This is the general sentiment for many of us, but forums user Untrustable is a living Zebco encyclopedia and has piqued curiosity about a thing that many of us had written off.

I am eagerly awaiting my chance to get my kid her first Zebco after all the recent Zebco chat.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

rndmnmbr posted:

Thinking about rods, I got an 8'6" rod because I'm a bank fisherman and have always thought longer rods meant I could launch lures further. Is this a wrong assumption? Would I be better served by a shorter rod?
I mostly fish lakes and ponds, there are very few rivers to fish near me.

For the record, I have super drowning skills and don't like boats.

But boats are awesome and you should wear a pfd anyway.

Yeah, longer rod generally means better casting distance.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yooper posted:

This has been really contentious in Michigan lately. Mostly on beaches, but it's raising questions as to river access too. There's a "private beach" on the southern part of Lake Michigan that is in a really popular beach walking area. The owners didn't like people walking on the beach so they first put in private security, and later chain link security fences that extended into the lake. Eventually it entered the courts and it was defined that "The Michigan Supreme Court determined that the public has a right to walk along the shores of the Great Lakes, even on privately-owned land. Lakefront property owners may own the land down to the water’s edge, but the public trust doctrine nevertheless allows the public to walk on the land between the water’s edge and the “ordinary high water mark,” the place on the shore up to which the presence and action of the water is so continuous as to leave a distinct mark."

There was dissent on what is the water mark, is it literally wet sand? Or is it where the highest point of water is? What about a river, spring flood high point?

EPA and most state water resource management agencies go with the point to which the body of water floods as part of normal seasonal floods. Whether or not people have access to the ground inside that normal high water mark, or the bank adjacent to it, is usually decided by the state or municipalities, even though in a lot of cases the federal government says all navigable waters are public water. And then you have to dig into what constitutes a navigable water. In Arkansas, for example, I think there is an easement outside the normal high water mark for public access, and everything inside that is public no matter who owns the adjacent land. By contrast, in Colorado, the landowner owns the ground up to the water and under it too. So while you can boat anywhere on a public river like the Yampa, if you set foot out of that boat and touch the bottom of the channel, you are trespassing. Landowners will literally sit by the bank and watch you so that they can threaten you with firearms if you step out of a boat. Even if your boat drags bottom, they'll start tuning up.

Water law is a hosed up thing and sometimes I wish the federal government would just say "No, gently caress you, landowner, you don't own anything inside the normal high water mark of a seasonally navigable body of water."

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

St Croix Crieux represent.

My primary rig is a 6’ 1-piece ultralight with a little quantum spinning reel. It is on full time dickspoon duty lately.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Mukulu posted:

I loathe that forum and I have been banned myself. I've actually met one of the admins on the St. Croix (Jekab or whatever - the sturgeon guy) and he is exactly how you imagine behind closed doors.

I hate right-wing "sportsmen" with a passion. One of my biggest gripes in particular with Minnesota anglers is the animosity they hold for both Native American and Hmong anglers. Share the loving resource.

I'm not from Minnesota, but a couple of my favorite fishing spots in Arkansas always seem to have a handful of Hmong people around. Those people embody the spirit of fishing waaaaay more than most anglos. I pretty quickly figured out that if you see a few Hmong folks fishing by the dam, you should probably hang about and see what they're getting. If you see a couple Hmong families, you need to get lines in the water right now.

I've got a buddy from the Minneapolis area, and for a few years he was getting wrong number texted by a Hmong lady who would take her son fishing and send the pictures to granny. Ever few months there would be this new picture of Richard holding a sunny with a big ol grin. He never corrected the mistake because it was such a great little surprise.

Welp that's my story about Hmong and fish k bye.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Discussion Quorum posted:

Gear: rod, reel, cooler, sunscreen+hat, chair, stringer(?), pliers, diagonal cutters, first aid kit, maybe a couple buckets. What not-obvious things am I forgetting?

Beer and weed

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Today was a big day for me. I caught my dickspoon grail fish, a chub.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Grandito posted:

Does anyone have any tips for fishing in suburban ponds?

I'm in Texas and trying to get back in to fishing, haven't done it much since I was a kid. There are some ponds near me in public parks that the state stocks with catfish and some supposedly have bass and sunfish as well.

Went out a few weekends in a row to try and catch a catfish, because I thought it was supposed to be idiot proof. Put some Magic Bait balls on a hook, with and without a weight, and was never able to get so much as a bite. I tried a couple locations and tried both morning and evening. (My mornings admittedly started at like 9am.) I'm just using the $30 shakespeare rod and spinning reel combo from Academy for now, but afaik it should be fine.

What do I have to do to get some sort of fish on the line in this environment? I just want to prove I can at this point.

Edit: I know there are actually fish in the water because I've seen other fishermen out there. One showed me a picture of a bass he caught, but I don't think I've seen anyone else pull in a fish while I was there.

For catfish, try worms, and fish after dark.
For sunfish, try small spinner baits in the ~45 minutes right before dark.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I only use the adjustability of my drag to make catching little fish seem more exciting.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yeesh those browns are snakey. All spawned out last month I bet. Nice Kokanee!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

somebody buy that before I do my family is starving

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

rndmnmbr posted:

ultralight rod

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dik Hz posted:

Dumb question, but what's the point of a slow-action spinning rod? Just go ultra-light if you're fishing for touch.

Slow action on a moderate to heavy freshwater spinning rod is an exercise in extreme frustration. I had a slow Daiwa as my primary rod for a long time, way too long, and missed so many hook sets because of it. Switching to a fast Ugly Stik was an overnight game changer for catfish, skipjack, and bass.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Woodpile posted:

Got skunked from the bank at Smith Mountain Lake last week. So while mucking around the shed I put a circle hook through my skin right by my knuckle. Hurt like hell. Luckily it wasn't deep and I remembered what to do. Instead I ripped it out the way it came in.

Thinking about going barbless.

There’s a name I haven’t heard in a while. I’ve got family in Lynchburg and had a couple vacations at smith mountain lake as a kid. Last time I fished it was probably 25 years ago, and I caught a handful of sunnies from my uncle’s boat.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

LeeMajors posted:

Finally got a productive fishing day, gently caress.

Started off early with a spoon, some ned rigging and wacky rigging just dicking around with no real bites. Made our way back to a more secluded pond with a good sized gator friend, figuring he was eating something or other.

Nothing for scale, but he was prob 6-7ft long, getting some good sun.

Buddy pulled up this monster...haven't seen a largemouth this big in a minute.

Switched over to a basic carolina rig with a purpley worm

Caught a little largemouth (no pics) and this little white crappie (I think) which I wasn't targeting and didn't even know was in the pond.

Moved over to another small pond and caught this little guy near a culvert.

Turns out, catching fish is more fun than not catching fish. I should've just been doing this the whole time. Who knew?

I want to see the crappie you're catching if that's little. Scaling up from your middle fingernail, I estimate 350 mm. Maybe it's not a monster, but I'd filet that one.