Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dimetrodon isn't a dinosaur
it was extinct 40m years before dinosaurs walked the earth

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

can we get three dimetrodons howling at the moon

the moon would have been bigger in the sky back then I think, so a really big moon

don't tell me dimetrodons never howled at the moon though, because you don't loving know

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

doesn't even give a poo poo that shadow man is standing on his tail
just too stupid to even understand what is happening

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the head and neck arrangement reminds me of some of those giant tortoises

just the size of the head compared to the body and legs, and how there's that big area under the neck
but the Cotylorhynchus has an even shorter neck and also no shell obviously

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

or direct ancestors, even

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That low-rent dino who can't even make up his mind whether to be a land animal or a water animal only got to exist at all because dimetrodon was already extinct millions of years by then. Peak performance had already happened.

He's not even the best dino ankylosaurus or the best water-based hunter (sharks were there before, during, and after).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All ankys are cool and if they wanna take a refreshing dip to eat some dumb fish that's cool too.
But let's be clear that this thread is about dimetrodons, kings of the synapsids, who walked waddled the earth an aeon before the first dino ever hatched.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dimetrodon was doing dinosaurishness before it went mainstream.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

the first page of the thread has been corrected

you missed one

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol dimetrodon posing with flowering plants what an embarrassing mistake

synapsid sniggering

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Remember when that guy came in here early in the thread to tell everyone they aren't dinosaurs, like I give a gently caress.

yeah what a jackass, right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

That poor ugly pelycosaurus in the bottom right barely has any sail at all. Its life must be hell.

Ianthasaurus is basically a superior pet, as this graphic demonstrates

Screw Jurassic Park, let's resurrect Carboniferous creatures and let them roam our living rooms and roar at the mailman through the mail slot

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mooey Cow posted:

Welp, hope you like giant bugs and hosed up fish

who doesn't??? :swoon:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

what are you doing, don't eat that

e. also lol at that watermark that's some insane poo poo

raaaar

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can't get this to work at all

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

It's broken, RIP. I guess those must get deleted from AWS.

Oh well. More opportunities to make a better one :hai:

Here's the website if you want to put in some dimetrodon pix and give it a whirl. output video = yes is nice for forums embedding

https://melobytes.com/en/app/ai_image2song

Cool OK. this also lets me actually rehost the mp4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzCta06RgXw

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

naem posted:

the fact that dimetrodons are proto-mammal synapsids means that dimetrodons live on today

not only in our hearts but also specifically in our sinus cavities

is that why I have a headache right now

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dimetrodons: fake?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

we can rebuild it
stronger
faster
better...

The Six Million Hundred Dollar Synapsid

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Genesplicer posted:

They didn't really roar, it was more of a prolonged squeak through mucus-filled passages. So it sounded like a high-pitched bubbly gurgle. Very sad.

This is disappointing but I'm glad we have someone around still who is old enough to recall what the synapsids sounded like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmm that got me thinking. Synapsids (dimetrodons) invented warm-bloodedness, I expect most of what they ate was room temperature, by which I mean outdoor temps, which I guess were warm now I think about it, so yeah heat up that lizard steak for your dimetrodon pal, but not too hot, just like, 80 degrees F.