Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Nice av. The wife didn't want the dimetrodon framed photo in the downstairs bathroom so we compromised with a framed photo of a majestic capybara. I got to find somewhere for this dime to display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

aardvarks are kinda dimetrodons, if you think about it

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dang, I'd let that aardvark eat my ants, iykwim

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Nice av. The wife didn't want the dimetrodon framed photo in the downstairs bathroom so we compromised with a framed photo of a majestic capybara. I got to find somewhere for this dime to display.

Tell her it will frighten the poops straight from her butt, ie scare her shitless.

Weka
May 5, 2019

If somebody who isn't on mobile could do a better job of this I'd really appreciate it.
Anyway, without further ado, I present a combination of the best 2 threads in GBS, or indeed, the entire forums.

Here is also a VERY cute fossil

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Weka posted:

Tell her it will frighten the poops straight from her butt, ie scare her shitless.

I tried the "watching over you" angle to bring peace and comfort. I shall try this angle.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Dimetrodons are so loving cute. Little prehistoric dogs with fins. Love their big heads and sharp lil teefies.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Dimetrodon were the Velvet Underground of dinosaurs.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

They were cold blooded too so if you had a pet dimetrodon they'd probably cuddle you in the winter :3:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's immoral to keep a dimetrodon around without some rocks to stand on and a world to roar at

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

smoobles posted:

They were cold blooded too so if you had a pet dimetrodon they'd probably cuddle you in the winter :3:

🗣️ If you're cold, they're cold. Bring them inside!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

I would feed my dime some ostrich eggs and give him things to chew. I would build a little hill with a rock in the backyard that is well above the fenceline so he can roar at neighbors as they walk their dogs. A good boy.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

If I had a lil dime I'd worry about the wind knocking him over by his sail. Is that something that happens? The back sails are so big.:froggonk:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pretty sure any divorce judge would rule in your favor here.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

It would be cool to nap in the shadow of a pet dimetrodon's sail while it's sunning itself on a warm day. Hands behind your head, chewing on a piece of straw, with your hat brim pulled down over your eyes.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

its friday guys

you sunning yourself next to the ocean and aimlessly roaring?

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

My local dimetrodon.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

dimetrodons are the the love child of a corgi and a sailboat, it's a loving cosmic tragedy that they're extinct while humans get to live

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

smoobles posted:

it's a loving cosmic tragedy that they're extinct while humans get to live

To be fair that's true for all extinct, and yet-to-be extinct animals

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
they are like little lizard goats that are compelled to climb things and then let out that little roar we all know and love

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
when i was a kid i had an uncle who worked at a canadian nature park who had a dimetrodon as a pet, ol dimey we used to call him we did

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That bon jovi song and dimetrodon are forever associated in my brain

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

http://www.thebestdinosaur.com/

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

stegosaurs heads are hilariously small and it's unknown if they even roared

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mods!?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

being the best dinosaur is like being the best lame, noobish animal ever

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can't get this to work at all

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Leperflesh posted:

I can't get this to work at all

It's broken, RIP. I guess those must get deleted from AWS.

Oh well. More opportunities to make a better one :hai:

Here's the website if you want to put in some dimetrodon pix and give it a whirl. output video = yes is nice for forums embedding

https://melobytes.com/en/app/ai_image2song

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 18, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

It's broken, RIP. I guess those must get deleted from AWS.

Oh well. More opportunities to make a better one :hai:

Here's the website if you want to put in some dimetrodon pix and give it a whirl. output video = yes is nice for forums embedding

https://melobytes.com/en/app/ai_image2song

Cool OK. this also lets me actually rehost the mp4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzCta06RgXw

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Bring them back. I know someone out there has the ability. Repopulate earth with dimetrodons you science cowards

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lmao imagine being this wrong about something

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so, like, how do you search the archives, because if archives are included in the standard search tool then this person is the first person to mention dimetrodon on the forums, back in 2013

Kilersquirrel posted:

What area of DFW are you in? Most any route down to Glen Rose has a ton of country highways and roads with nice curves and dips, plus it's real pretty. If you don't mind slabbing it for a while, just taking 20 west into the Estacado tablelands is ha-mazingly pretty, especially now with rain(!!111 Dear god I hope we get an Indian summer this year) falling somewhat consistently and all the wildflowers blooming furiously. There's a crapload of little winding roads anywhere in farm country between Weatherford and Abilene too.

The elevation change from the high prairie where we're at and the Estacado in and of itself is worth riding for, whatever civil engineer designed 20's route must have been a motorcyclist or a big roller coaster fan. It's even fun to drive in my auto Ranger, the canting is perfect.

If you're thinking about heading north to OK and are a paleontology fan at all the Redbeds between TX and OK are chock full of some of the oldest vertebrate fossils in the world. If you can find a place that lets you access some of them, Dimetrodon and other proto-mammal synapsid teeth are supposed to be a dime a dozen in many areas. (It was the balmy southern coast of the North American continent until erosion from the now-plains areas and ancient mountain ranges in Canada started forming humongous mud/oyster flats, i.e. Texas)

You can use the elevation change graph on Google Maps' Distance Measurement tool to see what kind of ride a certain route is, too.

fake edit: I did not know about the hearing loss thing, time to get fitted for earplugs.

you will note they correctly identify dimetrodon as a proto-mammal synapsid

Weka
May 5, 2019

The best dinosaur is in my opinion the chicken, because it is very delicious.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

12:50 AM local time: watched Dimetrodon Tribute again.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Anyone know how Dimetrodons are as pets?

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
You would need a different sheet as Dimetrodons are Pelycosaurs not Dinosaurs and that sheet would just be Hell Yeah! written as large as possible.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

stegosaurs heads are hilariously small and it's unknown if they even roared

they did in fact roar, however it was only when angry and only when about to deploy the thagomizer.

dimetrodon roars out of joie de vivre

naem
May 29, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you will note they correctly identify dimetrodon as a proto-mammal synapsid

the fact that dimetrodons are proto-mammal synapsids means that dimetrodons live on today

not only in our hearts but also specifically in our sinus cavities

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

12:50 AM local time: watched Dimetrodon Tribute again.

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhrZa8pOxlQ

hrjoly poo poo