Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DPM posted:

Some rich motherfuckers had better die on an 8 thousander stat or this thread is doomed

Mods gonna shut this thread down for bloodlust.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

if you have any interesting climbing content please make forthwith

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

e: mistaek

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Platystemon posted:

Bloodlust? I'm not the one who started posting about menstruum in the rich idiot death thread :colbert:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Platystemon posted:

Does GBS really need 2 menstruation threads? Seems redundant.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

Only if they synchronized

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Facebook Aunt posted:

Do you expect GBS to know how to count to 2?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

sat da FACK APP

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

The other one is only menstruation. This one is menstruation and counting without numbers.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Posting and posting again might be discouraged but one thread and then another thread is ok.

Not like there is an abstract concept that could connect quantity across disparate substrates like that or anything.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Posting and posting again might be discouraged but one thread and then another thread is ok.

Not like there is an abstract concept that could connect quantity across disparate substrates like that or anything.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

all of your moon lodge posting has angered the mountain gods

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/helicopters-search-skier-switzerland-five-others-found-dead-2024-03-11/

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
bbc has more details apparently: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-euro...%2003%2011%2024

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Platystemon posted:

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Platystemon posted:

lol

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Not an 8 thousander but I'll take it.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

David Breashers has died. Was found in his home, no cause of death released yet. He was 68.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/david-breashears-climber-cinematographer-brought-mount-everest-to-the-masses-dies-at-68/ar-BB1k1cne

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

RIP a genuine hero.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

RIP to a real one

msn article posted:

A marriage to fellow adventurer Veronique Choa ended in divorce. Information on survivors or services was not immediately available.

gently caress that's one hell of a divorce

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

dude kicked rear end

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DPM posted:

gently caress that's one hell of a divorce

Lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/25/travel/everest-climbers-poop-bags-intl-scli/index.html

quote:

Everest climbers will have to take their poop away with them, as Nepal tries to address growing waste problem

Oxygen? Check. Crampons? Check. Poop bags?… Check.

Those hoping to climb Everest this year will have to make some slight adjustments to their packing list, as new rules now mandate that climbers bring their excrement down with them from the world’s highest peak, in a bid to tackle pollution.

Most people who attempt to climb the 8,849-meter (29,032-foot) Mount Everest do so via Nepal, paying $11,000 apiece just for the climbing permit.

With gear, food, supplemental oxygen, Sherpa guides and more, it costs upward of $35,000 to take on the mountain.

But the world’s highest peak has a poop problem, driven by the number of visitors, and the harsh conditions on the mountain, which interfere with the degradation process.

“The problem of human waste on Everest was very bad,” Diwas Pokhrel, first vice president of Everest Summiteers Association, told CNN, adding that at the mountain’s highest points, it was “polluting the mountain environment.”

This photograph taken on May 31, 2021 shows mountaineers lined up as they climb a slope during their ascend to summit Mount Everest.
RELATED ARTICLE
Nepal to require all Mount Everest climbers to use a tracking chip
Without the new rules, the poo problem was highly likely to get worse: Last year, Nepal gave out a record 478 climbing permits to climb the peak. Twelve climbers were confirmed to have died on the mountain, while another five remain officially missing.

Jinesh Sindurakar of the Nepal Mountaineering Association told CNN that an estimated 1,200 people will be on Everest this season.

“Each person produces 250 grams (8.8 ounces) of excrement a day and they will spend 2 weeks on the higher camps for the summit push,” Sindurakar explained, adding that each climber will be given two poop bags, which can each be used six times.

The bags contain chemicals to solidify the human waste and make it odorless, Sindurakar said, and Nepal’s Khumbu Pasanglhamu Rural Municipality will issue some 8,000 bags this season.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

they're supposed to reuse the poop bags? what

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I think the sherpas ought to let you poop directly into their cupped hands.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Cactus Ghost posted:

I’m more concerned with the 12-turd limit. We are going to see theft and violence over this, mark my words.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Cactus Ghost posted:

new thread title

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

mods

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
one turd over the line, sweet jesus

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I’m not buying 9 oz of poop in a day. Aren’t you eating a whole lot more than 9 oz of food if you’re doing something like climbing Mount Everest?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Anne Whateley posted:

I’m not buying 9 oz of poop in a day. Aren’t you eating a whole lot more than 9 oz of food if you’re doing something like climbing Mount Everest?

Your body is going to squeeze out every last bit of nutrition from food.

When I was eating a ton of absolute poo poo when thru hiking I would routinely have normal sized dumps that didn't seem to match the amount I was consuming. Also constipation

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

your body uses the food it intakes for nutrition and energy, mostly

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Anne Whateley posted:

I’m not buying 9 oz of poop in a day.

please don't tell us if you change your mind

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

poop chat

most of your poop is water, like as much as 75%, and you absorb more water when you're dehydrated, making denser, dryer poops. The remaining 25% is insoluble fiber, dead (and live) bacteria, undigested fats (sometimes), and there can also be some amount of undigested protein, carbs, etc. but that varies a lot.

tl;dr a marked reduction in poop volume is likely mostly sucking more water out because you're in super dry air.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Your guts and other non-essential parts of your body also start to shutdown as you climb higher and higher meaning you'll poop less overall also.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
And GBS comes home, returning to its roots

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

your body uses the food it intakes for nutrition and energy, mostly

Bodies are incredible things, with all that mass to energy conversion it does

Dick Bastardly