Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Crime on a Dime posted:

Looks like the climbing a mountain in the snow thread says marked for deletion and wont accept posts. are there any other climbing threads I can check out?

If you want actual climbing: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522567

We don't really discuss long walks in snow. More actual technical climbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I would only go to the area if you want to go to Nepal. The rest of Everest is just not interesting to me. The risk, the cost, the time, the questionable ethics...not for me. Especially when you can get great views all over the place. That said if you want to do it then do it. I know people who have hiked at lower elevations in Nepal and said it was amazing.

A few examples:

Go to Refugio Frey in Argentina (or any of the Refugio):

RMNP:

Indian Peaks:

Interior of British Columbia:

Heck you can even go to the desert!

These all can be summer photos as well but where is the fun in that.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Epitope posted:

Ya, traveling far from home to go enjoy the outdoors is pretty unnecessary. Almost everyone has cool things near by, and definitely closer to them than Nepal. Some people like to travel though :shrug:

For sure. I am firmly fine if you want to go do it. Hanging out down lower in the villages sounds awesome for the culture/experience.