Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Cause of death: mountain (climbing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

xzzy posted:

Surely the $4k fine on a trip that costs six figures to set up will convince people to bring their trash down.

1 minute off your official summitting time for each pound of trash you haul back

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

PittTheElder posted:

Reading about Everest makes me really want to go hike to base camp, then go climb Denali or something on a different occasion. Plenty of actual mountaineering and beautiful views, much lower chance of my brain melting in the thin air.

Yeah, I can see the attraction in getting to base camp and hiking around to see astounding scenery, but actually attempting summitting just seems like weird masochism and a pointless gamble for your life & safety. And that's besides all the weird implications about pollution and exploitation.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Outrail posted:

Coming down from altitude is fun. I'd been living above 3600m for a couple of months, and ended up at a hostel in Miami with a decent sized pool. I think I could swim five laps underwater without an issue, a month later I could maybe handle half that.

I knew somebody who lived up in the mountains, they handily won a city marathon one place they were visiting at just a few hundred feet above sea level.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Classic mistake, and a big reason I only ski at Stayaliveington these days

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I like the fisheye effect, it makes me want to jump off the mountain and fall to my death slingshot my way around the planet to the strains of the Mario Galaxy theme

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Outrail posted:

There are no unknown summits on Greenland there's satellite photography of the entire island.

it's the pointy bit at the top of the mountain :ssh:

Exactly what I'd expect to hear from someone bought off by Big Hologram

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

hemale in pain posted:

I like how they threatened to kill him multiple times but yet he kept coming back.

Gotta rack up those Good ChristianTM points, regardless of the other peoples' preferences or disease tolerance

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
8.8 ounces? Scrub tier. DM me if you want to see some real poops :c00lbutt:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

wheatpuppy posted:

Trepoochet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Nooner posted:

I just got back from Everest again, it's getting kinda lame now, like way too mainstream

How did your PPD (poops per day) situation fare? Were you hitting that two fifty g threshold?