Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Outrail posted:

E: this cut on my foot looks kinda swollen

You just have to whizz on your feet like an ultra-marathon runner, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

gohuskies posted:

Having climbed six of the seven summits does not make you a skilled climber. All but Denali and Everest are just hikes of varying degrees of strenuousness, and even Denali doesn't have any technical climbing.

ante posted:

That's a very armchair-expert position to take
No one said she was on Ueli's level, but if you've summited 6 of the highest peaks in the world, chances are you know your way around mountaineering gear.

Not sure whether this is just a typo, but I just wanted to point out that "six of the seven summits" (highest mountain on each contintent, of which most are "easy") is nothing like "six of the highest peaks in the world", which is a much more insane challenge.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

You don't have to get rid of the mountain entirely, just make it shorter than K2.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

Only 2 deaths?

Denali is 6190m so even if you get into trouble at least you can breathe.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Bumping this up because Netflix just dropped a doc about a Nepalese dude trying to climb the 8,000ers all in seven months.

Can't wait for the next guy to try to climb them all in 6 months.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Nocheez posted:

The largest is Mount Mitchell in NC, like 6800'. I hiked it in February, the was snow at the top but I was in shorts.

I went up the top of Mt Kosciusko in tshirt and shorts because they told us that it wouldn't be cold up there in summer.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

knox_harrington posted:

Someone at a work drinks thing last year kept trying to persuade me to go free-diving in the lake by the office. Obviously a serial killer.

Oh, I'm just, so attracted to people who free-dive, you say you don't have a girlfriend? That's really weird! Want to get married?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I'm the highest human, because I'm posting from the summit of Mount Chimborazo in South America, and I'm at least two kilometers higher than any of those chumps on Everest.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

bigger number = more dangerous and more beautiful obviously

Works for the 8000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Which joker put this thread into my bookmarks.

Ah, a very intelligent mod put the in-joke as the title of the thread rather than the sub-title.

That seems like a good idea now it's back in GBS!