Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There are no rules to this thread, except that steel is real and matte black is bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Put a Concor on the Univega. Was hoping for an old leather one but the 90s "light" model looks alright too.

Still need to figure out what I'm going to do about that cello-tape.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Honestly I was thinking something with a multicolor theme to match the seattube logo and also because silver is a neutral color to work with, but I'll probably be boring and go with standard cork tape in blue.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Chill Callahan posted:

May or may not have gone nuts on this build but its 100% Italian in one way or another (sans pedals)

:popeye:

Concorde bikes are always beauts

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

These are my bikes:

Fixie town bike (needs a front rack still):

Road bike, doesn't get ridden much tbh:

Mountain Bike, gets ridden the most. New pedals since photo was taken:

In use:

My buddy has the same bike, getting ready to drop into something on an after work ride this spring:

dang gimme that Vitus 992, I love those to hell

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

jet sanchEz posted:

My 1986 De Rosa.

C-Record crank, and a Shimano 600 RD? smh :colbert:

(that bike is sick)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
picked up a winter bike

Raleigh Super Tourer, aka the only bike I've seen which breaks the "stem shifters = low end bike" rule. I think the Huret Jubilee drivetrain is still one of the lightest groups ever made, and I love the Stronglight crank with the guard.

Shockingly nobody bought a full 531 frame with upright bars in 1975 but you could probably sell something like this today if you put Velo Orange or All-City on the downtube.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh the brakes are terrible. They look cool as hell but 1970s sidepulls are not what you want when going downhill.

Theoretically they might have been good because those are actually some of the first dual pivot brakes ever but they hadn't figured those out in the 70s apparently.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

picked up a winter bike

Raleigh Super Tourer, aka the only bike I've seen which breaks the "stem shifters = low end bike" rule. I think the Huret Jubilee drivetrain is still one of the lightest groups ever made, and I love the Stronglight crank with the guard.

Shockingly nobody bought a full 531 frame with upright bars in 1975 but you could probably sell something like this today if you put Velo Orange or All-City on the downtube.

Update despite getting damaged by a shop which I am still dealing with this bike is hilarious. I have zero idea what the designers were thinking but riding in a comfortable cruise position on a plush spring saddle except on a high end lightweight frame and 53x14 as the high gear feels really silly but also really fun. Extremely recommended if you like the feeling of wind resistance

E) I also like calling a bike "super tourer" and not including any bottle cage mounts. I don't think I'm going to be doing any Super Touring on this

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 23, 2020

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

nm posted:

I don't know when bikes started coming with braze-ons, but at least early 70s Raleigh light weights didn't.

Kinda weird cuz they went through the trouble to include some cool (and very fragile looking) frame pump braze-ons under the top tube.

Might see if I can get a bottle cage clamp-on, but apparently they're one of those things in short supply right now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Cable housing, clearly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i always liked that Sakae chainring design

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

jet sanchEz posted:

I put the green bar tape on my Miyata tourer, much much nicer. Maybe something bright like orange would be nice on the Panasonic

this bike fucks, especially with one of the best touring/mtb derailleurs ever made on it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

do you actually have this? those old rear end Cambio Corsa systems are worth $Texas on the vintage market

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CopperHound posted:

Does one of those actuate the quick release? Like the design is to have the wheel loose while riding and changing gears? :stonk:

E: backpedal while shifting?

http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/French_Patent_899402_-_Campagnolo.html

quote:

This patent describes the Campagnolo Corsa, a nightmare system of beautifully chromed rods attached to your chain-side seat-stay. It works something like this:

First you drop out of the peleton so that you do not cause a catastrophic pile-up.
Then you twist the top lever. This slakens off your rear quick release.
Then you fiddle around with the lower lever while back pedalling in a hopeful attempt to force the chain onto the other of two sprockets that you have on your hub.
Then you pedal gently forward to 'position' the rear wheel.
Then you twist the top lever back to its original position to relock the quick release.
Then you sprint like crazy to try to get back onto the rear-most wheel of the peleton.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mauser posted:

Well, I went to outdoor Easter dinner with the family and now I got a new bike

My brother bought it just to fix it up for fun/practice and replaced the cables and brake pads, but it was too small for him. I still need to adjust the limit screws and get a saddle for it (original saddle was ruined and I got it sans saddle and original pedals not pictured). I'd been looking for an ancient French road bike for a while just for fun and now I got one, but holy poo poo this thing is heavy as hell

that's really good condition! and yeah the Nomade would have been their entry level ten-speed, so weight was not a concern with those

someone here was selling a still-in-box top-of-the-line Le Champ and I was almost tempted to put down the $1200 they were asking

and including the old-school gear ratios :allears:

(and the coolest dork disc i've ever seen)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Motobecane Le Champions were top of the line French racing bikes, and it's rare to have one in brand new condition, pretty much.

Also old bikes cool

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PolishPandaBear posted:

I'm the indentation in the hardened rear tire.

But really, that's a thing of beauty.

The original tubs :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Coxswain Balls posted:

If you need any more Sekine stuff a couple of us are from MB where they're everywhere due to the plant that used to be located here. Those spoke protectors are indeed very slick.

There are a lot of other accessories you could get them with too.

I love these, there was this weird period in Japanese city bikes where the trend was to put every conceivable gadget you could think of on the thing, weight be damned, but I don't remember any getting exported here.