Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
It is no steel beauty but I fell so hard in love with my single speed belt mtb I decided to try something better suited for road rides. Not sure yet if I’ll need to bother with slicks but I did stick some clipless pedals on there to help use every muscle group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Mauser posted:

that's very pretty, but my one minor complaint would be that the blue pedals aren't my thing. Having never ridden anything with a belt, what's the benefit over a chain?

Lucky for you I swapped them out for red Time clipless pedals!

Oh and the other benefit is the buttery smooth and silent ride :chanpop:

eeenmachine fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 30, 2022

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Phosphine posted:

I'm pretty interested in belt drive, but my experience with IGHs is putting me off. They're either very expensive or break easily, or both, and having stuff on my bike I don't understand and can't maintain myself feels bad. Are the good IGHs really good enough to keep up with a belt drive, or are you just replacing chain maintenance with more risks for shifting issues?

Regular derailleurs are both reliable and mechanically simple, so tinkering and keeping them working is pretty easy.

I’ve owned 2 belt + Alfine 11 bikes and bounced off both. But for single speed? :swoon:

The smoothest drivetrain I’ve ever owned was an ebike with a belt drive and a Nuvinci Envoilo hub.

eeenmachine fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 30, 2022

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
How easy is it to remove and replace the belt pins if you need to remove the rear wheel in the field?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Man those bars look delicious.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Wasn’t brave enough to take the single speed up the mountain.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Jestery posted:

Presented without context

Is that a horn or bell? I don’t see how it is controlled.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Pretty bike 🤩

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Another angle to show the color variation

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

kimbo305 posted:

That's the factory gas tank bag? Did it come installed or did you add it on after?

Came installed and included a rubber cover for the mounting points if you wanted to remove it. Thanks for all the grunts and moans I'm very in love with it!

eeenmachine fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 16, 2022

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Green from one angle at least! Edit: goddamn what is the secret to embedding images on iOS not hanging the app :(

eeenmachine fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 13, 2022

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Sometime I just sit and stare at the paint job on this bike…

eeenmachine fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 20, 2022

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

rngd in the womb posted:

:perfect:

HOT DAAAAAAAAMN!!!! I didn't realize these Cervelos came in purple??

The A$pero 5 comes in 2 amazing color shifting paint options, pineapple sunset (purple > green) and lime shimmer (gold > green).... or boring matte black (WHYYYYY).

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

resident posted:

I still haven’t thought of a good name for her.

Janis the Destroyer

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Slavvy posted:

I love this lovely old bike.

Once again the hardest thing I've ever done but it was easier with a more comfortable seat and ice cream.

Very awesome. What kind of shoes do you wear with those pedals over those distances?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Heliosicle posted:

:woop:

Gave it a quick spin in the garage and seems to fit me perfectly, hopefully the weather is better tomorrow and I can go for an actual ride.

Only a few things I'd like to tweak fit-wise:
- Have a seatpost with setback arriving this week, but might be I don't need to swap it as it felt pretty good like this and I don't even have the saddle all the way back.
- Bars are 42cm with 16 degree flare, might swap them for 40cm + flared, which I also did for my other bike, since that's nicer for my wrists.

It is a great bike, you're going to love it. The Graveling SK's never grew on me but waiting to wear them down before I swap them for something else.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

VideoGameVet posted:

I'm old as dirt but when I ride this northbound on the Coronado Strand I'm NOT on the bike path and I going around 22mph into that headwind.

Downhill I'm limited in speed my my desire not to DIE, but I have hit 47mph on El Furte in Carlsbad, if you know that.

It climbs better than my Bacchetta, and that's not just because it's 12lbs lighter (though that helps), it's mainly (I think) because it has a hardshell seat as opposed to a fabric back ... and it's a stiff frame.

I hope to get blown past by you one day. That said thank you for not using the bikeway on the strand. I’ve witnessed multiple pileups caused by idiots in pelotons going like 25mph on that path.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
This is my new electronic bicycle, it is red.
Trek Domane+ SLR 9 eTap 🙀

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
It is as fast as my Aspero on the flats with the assist off which is pretty nuts.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Do you have the shortest legs out there?

30” inseam on a 54 frame, weep for me.

Edit: I was also adjusting the poo poo out of everything trying to get rid of a horrible creaking sound in the seatpost/clamps so it might have been low at that point.

eeenmachine fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 30, 2023

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

evil_bunnY posted:

Oh lol I didn't know they reused their normal names for assisted bikes. And lmao at that price.

It is a different frame, there is a removable battery inside the down tube as well as a mid-drive motor.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Hutzpah posted:

I don't know much about bikes, but what's the draw for a high performance kitted out ebike?

I’m a rich dentist but I also enjoy stretching group rides by riding to/from. I can use the assist to/from and not at all/sparingly on the group ride (bike is only 28lbs).

And to be an even bigger rich rear end in a top hat I bought two identical bikes and am gifting one to my longtime neighbor and riding partner who is in his 70s and has been riding forever but never owned a new bike.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

kimbo305 posted:

How much does it weigh with the battery out?

I was wrong the complete bike is 26.79 lbs so with the 360Wh battery being 4.03 lbs I guess it would weigh 22.76 lbs with the battery removed. You're just stuck with the integrated motor at around 4 lbs at that point.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Crumps Brother posted:

That's lighter than my main bike. That's amazing.

Looking at the bike closer I don’t think the battery is intended to be removable. You have to drop the motor to slide the battery out. So realistically you’re probably stuck with a 26 lb bike.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

TobinHatesYou posted:

Shot on iPhone.

Oh man I was drooling over these shots on reddit this morning. What a bike.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

I wonder how much poo poo I would get putting those bars on my Domane+ :eyepop:

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

I_Socom posted:

That’s a really clean setup on the front! What bar bag is that?

It is a Post Carry Co I usually have on another bike, works well though!

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
More cargo bike (Tern HSD S+), Puppy loves it.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

freddiestarfish posted:

Definitely needing the studded tyres now. Soon it'll be skis instead of the bike.

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
:swoon: