Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
The future is all mullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

spwrozek posted:

after our ruby session...

Beers have Electrolytes. Its science.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

thatguy posted:

Anybody in Denver area, Maryland mountain has a black downhill open now. I need feedback on my flow downhill too, especially if you can come this weekend or maybe friday/Monday. Send me a PM or if you know spwrozek's contact info he can give you my contact info.

Its in Black Hawk

This sounds good, but I thought ya'll had been getting rain and snow all week?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

thatguy posted:

until yesterday it was basically sunny morning with hail or rain for 10 minutes in the evening. And other than the flow I'm working on now, soils are well-drained mineral sandy/rocky and they're going to ride better wet or in the kind of stuff we have now. Last night dumped a bunch but it drains very quick, you see dry crust by noon and stuff will start to break apart again by the afternoon.

no snow

Rad. I'm excited to try it out. I popped a spoke over the weekend, so waiting on that repair.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Ropes4u posted:

I love Trestle bike park, but man gently caress i-70 and I-25

Hay!@ I was there today. gently caress the traffic so much. I wasn't driving so oh well I guess ha. Did you race?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

vikingstrike posted:

Do they make a timber bell that can do the dangly ring but also serve as a normal bell when “locked”? Does the timber bell do this?

I think the timber is either dingle dangle or no noise. I think it locks the tonsil thingy.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

nine16thsdago posted:

I think that's what I'm looking for. I have specific questions (if they would be welcomed here) about what I can get locally (Giant & Norco). More generally, however, I've been advised that a better quality hardtail would be preferable for my purposes than a more entry-level full-suspension bike. Thoughts? Thanks again for your help!

A good way to get an idea of what you want to look into is to check out the trail head. See what the majority of people riding what you plan to ride have. If its mostly hard tail trails, a FS bike might not be as fun.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

marsisol posted:

Any recommendations on lightweight, short sleeve mountain bike jerseys? Now I wear some of my road stuff (too constrictive) or random "athletic wear". I'm looking for something not too baggy.

Not being plastered in goofy logos is a big plus.

I'm a fan of the HandUp Jersey
https://handupgloves.com/collections/short-sleeve-jersey

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Mr Newsman posted:

Does anyone have opinions on swing out hitch arms for bike racks? e.g. Kuat Pivot, RakAttach or whatever Thule/Yakima offer.

Just got an email about the RakAttach2.0. maybe see if you can get 1.0 on discount (lol 1up discount).

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Eejit posted:

Today I cleared all three scary downhill features in the gully on Horsetheif but paid a blood price for it. Probably worth.

This segment in particular https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxuUIe6odcuyC1cYIMhqIi4z5DXiFIUHoN

gently caress ya! Nice work

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

spwrozek posted:

All I did was walk the dog and decide to work from home instead of biking in to the office.

quitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Ropes4u posted:

Has anyone purchased from N+1 bikes? That 25% off the Ripley with free upgrade to XT is enticing..

I did this to Denver. Free shipping and no tax. A+. I went Ripmo AF NGX for $2700 all in. They set it before shipping, so putting it together was just a matter of fitting the bars. Surprised me, they repackaged the whole thing very well. The shipping took longer than I expected, but it was over 4th of July weekend. I think it took them 2 weeks to actually send it out, only a week to arrive from then. I sent an email to ask about it and they responded quickly.

I had 2 other friends go through them, which convinced me to pull the trigger, and their bikes arrived faster than my own.