Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Anyone else own one of these? I found one local for a really good price too. Reviews seem generally favorable.

Been thinking about getting into Zwift to mitigate my lack of time for actual riding and cultivation of dad bod mass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

My friend is going to loan me his Saris H3.

I think I'll enjoy Zwift. I've done some indoor Kaiser bike sessions at the gym mid winter. Did one drill I called "around the clock" which basically I would ramp up the resistance for 15-30 seconds and then wind down. Gave myself a minute and a half of rest then cranked it up again. I think I was trying to replicate a fast rotating pace line. Id do that for 20 minutes and be wrecked. Always did 15 minutes warm up to steady and then a proper full resistance sprint at the end. I had a massive pool of sweat to clean up by the end of that.

Any ways my training had always been low tech, but I think the zwift will keep me interested.

The whole point is to be able to show up for the group ride and not just get ejected out the back on the first climb.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

So the trainer I'm borrowing from my friend has a 12 speed 11-34, which doesn't work with either of my bikes. Boo, I was hoping to get it set up last night.

Speaking of cassettes it probably makes the most sense just to put an 11 speed 11-28 on there, same as my road bike and my babby mommas road bike, even though I might use my CX bike on there sometimes. I guess it's splitting hairs to put an 11-30 as that's the max for my road bikes RD any ways.

Not even sure how gearing works in Zwift. I'm such a noob. I know with ERG stuff it doesn't really matter.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

turned out my friend has a 11-30 that i could borrow as well so im all set

just finished my first zwift sesh. 23 km around zwiftopia. graphics are poo poo even on my 3070 RTX. lots of sweat even though my house is freezing due to this arctic outflow nonsense. would zwift again.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

drat that bonus climb got me grinding at like 50 rpm at 300+ watts.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i gotta say so far i prefer the climbing stuff over the rolling terrain

ive been playing around with the trainer difficulty setting and im pretty sure i should back off 100% because some of the dips put so much resistance into the trainer so fast my pedals come to a halt lol

any ways, the portal climbs rule, love that you can see what grad to expect and know what to shift into. i find the japanese themed world so hard to read what the terrain is supposed to be, and again with 100% trainer difficulty set it slams you with so much resistance. im training at my target weight of 190 lbs in game, not sure it knows that big guys dont just drop momentum that fast.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 7, 2024

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Couple of updates: I found that backing off the trainer difficulty makes the rollers actually feel like rollers, rather than trying to ride through sand. I want to keep it as high as possible while avoiding the sand effect, so I'm going to try around 90% difficulty tonight.

I also found why I was getting graphical glitches and an actual crash to desktop. Apparently I edited the the .ini to "set gFoliagePercent=5" and even though my frame rate was still good at a certain point, especially while moving really fast down the Epic KOM or on Makuri Island where there is tons of foliage sprites it would give graphical errors and potentially crash. I reduced it to "set gFoliagePercent=3" and it doesn't happen anymore even when running at the 4K Ultra resolution.

You can also edit the AA and texture filtering settings through the Nvidia control panel as well as use ReShade to add more contrast and adjust the curves and gamma, without issue.

Zwift when you have a child is a life saver. I'm definitely stronger after 5 weeks, and I haven't even been hitting it that often. I think it's pretty fun too. Got two fans now and always a backup sweat rag, and headband, no jersey, some speed metal or cheesy techno sets, lets go.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 9, 2024

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

drat I've gone from 200+ lbs to 194 lbs in 5 weeks. Zwift success story.

also less beers

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Came across my first blatant cheater last night. I was doing just a short 11 km TT race in London. Self seeded into C category. I was hard out the gate as I am to do with TTs but the other guy was just disappearing. Tried chasing a little but it didn't make any sense. He beats me by a minute and I look at the ZwiftPower stats later and sure enough he's got his height set to 148 cm and weight set to 48 kg. Average power of only 212 watts. I mean, he shoulda been cheating in "B" category a least with a 4.4 w/kg.

If you take the cheater out of the equation I managed to clinch the win by 7 seconds out of 14 other rides :cool:. I was pretty happy to be able to hit 293 watts over the course for sure though. Numbers getting back to where they used to be.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 23, 2024

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

First shop group ride of the year. The Zwift works. I came out swinging.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I got the bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I got the bike first try and immediately used it in the Zwift Games as bike stats are neutralized in those events.

Not that its any better than the Cannondale CAAD10 that I normally use, according to the stats.