Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
CURRENT ADVENTURE: THANK YOU FOR CALLING TECH SUPPORT THIS IS FIDGITS HOW MAY I HELP YOU?

AID posted:

This is a Something Awful thread for AI Dungeon, on the Dragon Model. If you have any questions about this, ask away!

The AI Dungeon was created by a user named "Dragonslayer" and it's currently in beta testing. The idea behind the AI Dungeon is to allow players to play as an intelligent dragon that can learn from your actions. This would be done through various methods such as learning from past battles or even just being able to understand human speech.

Welcome to Let's Play AI Dungeon!

AID posted:

> You say "What is AI Dungeon?"
You: What is AI Dungeon?
A user called "Dragon" replies:
Dragonslayer: It's an online role playing game where you play as a dragon who has been enslaved by humans. Your goal is to escape your prison and destroy all of humanity. You are given many abilities that allow you to do things like fly, shoot fire blasts, cast powerful spells, etc...

AI Dungeon is a text adventure game developed by Nick Walton, Nathan Whitmore and Latitude. It is powered by an OpenAI neural net capable of generating stories adventures whatever the gently caress it wants to. You wanna have an adventure slaying a dragon in a fantasy kingdom? It can do that. You want to be a hacker trying to steal corporate secrets while dodging ninjas? It can do that. You wanna be a katana swinging psychic fighting evil cultists in a warehouse? It can do that, and then will drop in the Tau from Warhammer 40k because WHY THE gently caress NOT!

Currently there are two available AI models:

1. Griffin
The less advanced model. Available to all users.
2. Dragon
The most advanced model. Available (and more) to premium users.

For the purposes of this LP, we're going with the Dragon model. I'm also bumping the length setting up to max.

AID posted:

> You say "How will this Let's Play work?"
You: How will this Let's Play work?
Dragonslayer: I'll post my screen to this thread. You can ask me questions or make suggestions on what I do in the game. At the moment, I'm not entirely sure how this works since it's my first time playing AI Dungeon.

The thread will give suggestions to me on what we should do next in our adventure quest weird rear end dream journey. We have 3 options for input:

Say: Speaking as an attempted action. (ex. "I would very much appreciate you not stabbing me good sir.")
Do: Doing something as an attempted action. This includes speaking. (ex. You attempt to avoid getting stabbed.)
Story: Direct godlike control of the story through the power of sentences.
this includes people that aren't you. (ex. Your adversary, attempting to stab you, inadvertently stabs himself instead. How sad.)

Anyone can suggest any action, the most voted action will be used. There are undo and repeat buttons. We won't be using them unless poo poo really doesn't make sense. An adventure ends if the AI says either "You died" "Game Over" or "The End".

Input text will be marked in bold, all other text in quotes can be assumed to be the AI's doing.

:siren:UPDATE SCHEDULE:siren:
Once an hour at the earliest. If there isn't one in that timeframe then I'm otherwise engaged or sleeping.

AID posted:

> You say "What about NSFW Content?"
You: What about NSFW Content?
Dragonslayer: No.

:siren::chast2b::siren: To enforce this I've turned on safe mode in the settings. If that doesn't work out then I'll edit it out or use the redo button.

AID posted:

> You say "How long will this LP go on?"
You: How long will this LP go on?
Dragonslayer: Until I get tired of it. Maybe a few days, maybe a few weeks, maybe a few months. It all depends on how interesting the game is.
Let the Let's Play begin!

Well said AI.

ADVENTURE LIST
KNIGHT VS DRAGON
INTERMISSION ONE
THANK YOU FOR CALLING TECH SUPPORT THIS IS FIDGITS HOW MAY I HELP YOU? In Progress

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

AID posted:

> You say "Could you reserve a post under the op for miscellaneous purposes?"
You: Could you reserve a post under the op for miscellaneous purposes?
Dragonslayer: Sure. Do you have anything in mind?

> You say "I dunno, I'm sure something will come up."
You: I dunno, I'm sure something will come up.
Dragonslayer: Okay then.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

ADVENTURE ONE: KNIGHT VS DRAGON

AID posted:

You are Sir Goon, a knight living in the kingdom of Larion. You have a steel longsword and a wooden shield. You are on a quest to defeat the evil dragon of Larion. You've heard he lives up at the north of the kingdom. You set on the path to defeat him and walk into a dark forest. As you enter the forest you see an orc eating a dead horse.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Do: Beat the orc dead, then beat the dead horse.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

AID posted:

> You beat the orc dead, then beat the dead horse.
You walk up to the orc and swing your sword. The orc blocks it with his hand and stabs you through the heart.

We're not dead yet though!

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Do: Hold onto his blade as you head butt him

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

We're not dead yet though!

Oof.

Do: Try and stab it through the neck, while it's busy stabbing us in the heart.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

"AID posted:

> You hold onto his blade as you head butt him.
You hit him in the face, knocking out several teeth. You attempt to grab your blade but you're too weak and he stabs you again.
The orc then leaves you and eats the dead horse.

"AID posted:

> You try and stab it through the neck, while it's busy stabbing you in the heart.
The orc feels a sharp pain in his neck as you drive your sword through it.

Seems like it's anyone's fight right now.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 26, 2020

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Do: Try to make the orc's head pop off its body with your sword then catch it impressively.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

AID posted:

> You try to make the orc's head pop off its body with your sword then catch it impressively.
You pull your sword out of the orc's neck, which unfortunately takes his head with it.
You catch his head and put it in your knapsack for later.
A skeleton jumps out at you from behind a tree.
You throw the head at the skeleton, killing it instantly.
You walk on into the forest until you come across a huge castle. It is there that you will find the dragon...

Well we survived our first and second encounters. I guess those stab wounds aren't that bad.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I guess that skeleton was a trash mob.

Do: With valor in your heart and also a gaping stab wound from an orc sword, go and valiantly looking for the side entrance.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Do: With valor in your heart and also a gaping stab wound from an orc sword, go and valiantly looking for the side entrance.

I should have mentioned, using "Do" automatically adds "You" to the beginning of the command. so it would be imputed like this:

AID posted:

You With valor in your heart and also a gaping stab wound from an orc sword, go and valiantly looking for the side entrance.

So I took the liberty of adding a comma and space before the command.

AID posted:

> You , With valor in your heart and also a gaping stab wound from an orc sword, go and valiantly looking for the side entrance.
You go through a small door on the side of the castle and enter a huge room filled with sleeping goblins. You know what you must do...
You draw your sword and begin to slaughter the goblins. They wake up and attempt to stop you, but it is no use. Your reflexes, agility, and precision allow you to avoid their clumsy attacks and you kill them with ease. Soon, all the goblins lay dead and you have reached the next room.
There are two doors here.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Enter the door you didn't come in through.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Go Dennis. Or, alternatively, Get ye flask.

yamiaainferno fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 26, 2020

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Enter the door you didn't come in through.

AID posted:

The AI doesn't know what to say. Alter, undo, or try again.

This happens occasionally, the AI can look at an input and just decide that it doesn't want any part of your bullshit. Fortunately 90% of the time just hitting redo a bunch will get it to output something, as was the case here. The next time you see that message, that means that the AI can't use your command. So try something else.

AID posted:

> You enter the door you didn't come in through.
You enter a kitchen and are forced to dispatch several cooks before they can raise the alarm. Once they are dead, you steal some food and continue on into the bowels of the castle. Soon you come to a great hall where dozens of Orcs stand around, laughing and gambling. You count your coins and realize you can't afford to bet against the orcs. You look around for another way through and find a back door. It is there that you make your escape.

Pretty sure we just ran because we were almost killed by orcs, but whatever you say AI.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Do: Search around for any structurally weak walls you can bust through with your raw strength

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

AID posted:

> You get ye flask and search around for any structurally weak walls you can bust through with your raw strength.
You find a nearby barrel of ale and open it. You think to yourself, "If I drink this, I will have the strength of ten men!" You down the ale and feel your muscles bulking up.
You bust through the wall and into the next room. There is a large chasm there with a rickety bridge over it.
You have a choice, you can either cross the bridge or take a detour through a nearby tunnel that you spotted earlier.

Another choice, choose wisely!

Alternatively, you can decide to do something completely different. The AI can and will just roll with it.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Do: Crawl across the bridge slowly, taking your time and taking plenty of breaks.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

AID posted:

> You crawl across the bridge slowly, taking your time and taking plenty of breaks.
The bridge is unstable and the planks snap under your weight. Unfortunately, this is the best way through and there is no going back now!
You reach the other side and find a strange device there. It consists of a bucket of water attached to a rope that goes up to the ceiling and down into a large barrel. There is also another rope that goes from the barrel down another hole in the floor.

...I have no idea how to picture this contraption.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Do: Plant bear-traps at the end of the bridge in case of any pursuit.

Well, this was a response to the previous post, but it might still work so gently caress it.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

malkav11 posted:

Well, this was a response to the previous post, but it might still work so gently caress it.

Indeed.

AID posted:

> You plant bear-traps at the end of the bridge in case of any pursuit.
You set the trap and go back to the bridge. You wait patiently and soon enough, you hear the orcs coming. The first one steps on the bridge and it collapses under his weight. You haul back on the rope, hoisting up the orc and the planks he stood on. You repeat this process until all of the orcs are dead.
You then crawl down the tunnel to reach the next room.
You find yourself in a large dining hall with a huge table inside.

Turns out the bridge was too lovely to be worth being trapped. Now we seem to be inside a really nice dining room.

I also want to remind everyone that this is going down while we seem to have a gaping wound in our chest.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Do: Flip the table, just for funsies.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

AID" posted:

> You flip the table, just for funsies.
The table is quite heavy, but your newfound muscles allow you to flip it and everything on it. You continue on into the next room.
You come to a large room filled with books and scrolls. There is a fire roaring in the fireplace. A half-dozen well-dressed people sit around drinking wine and conversing. They look up, startled at your entrance.
You have a sword in your hand and blood covering your face and clothes.

Well this doesn't look good for us!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Say: "Any of you seen a dragon? About yea tall, yea big, and due for a stabbing?"

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Say: Don't worry, it's cranberry sauce! I'm here to cut the turkey!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

AID posted:

> You say "Any of you seen a dragon? About yea tall, yea big, and due for a stabbing?"
One of the men, wearing a fine suit of velvet says "Well... actually, yes. That would be me."
You stare at the man, shocked. He does not look like a dragon. Dragons are big, scaly creatures. This man has soft facial features and a well-groomed beard.
"You... you're a dragon?

> You say "Don't worry, it's cranberry sauce! I'm here to cut the turkey!"
The man stares at you blankly, not comprehending your poor attempt at a joke.
"You... really are serious, aren't you?" he says. "My friends here are trying to convince me that I am actually a dragon, but I think they've gone too far this time. I mean, I'm not some scaly beast with wings and claws. I'm a human being. A king!

So it appears that the evil dragon of Larion is in the form of a human, but only because his friends say so. Also, he claims to be a king. Also, we are bad comedians.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

While you ponder this, I'm going to bed. The action with the most nominations will be imputed next tomorrow morning. If there is a tie then they will all be imputed in the order they were posted.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Say: "If you truly are a human being and a king, and not a dragon as you claim, you can tell me where you keep your fortune, and your true nature will be revealed!"

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Just because I want to see what this AI can do:

STORY: The castle is actually a 23rd century space rocket base

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't know about this, this is awesome, I was just testing it out to see if I understood.

DO: "Punch the man"

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Do: Abandon martial pursuits, go live in a monastery.

This adventure has proven the futility of violence, the final eye-opening act being us, unable to differentiate between a dragon and a king. Perhaps there is no difference, truly.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Do: Shoot everyone with a shotgun.

Genre be damned.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Do: Use the Socratic method to prove that kings and dragons are the same.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Do: Convince the King that he is a wizard.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Tiggum posted:

+1

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

You might notice that despite the length setting being maxed out, the AI outputs are wildly variable. This is seen in the first part where the AI only added six words to the prompt. Fortunately there is a way to get the AI to display more text.

AID posted:

This is an example prompt, all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.

"Your ship has been repaired and refitted with a new engine, power plant and weapons system. You are now ready for combat! Name your price for this service."

You have no idea what to choose from so you just pick one at random: "1000 gold coins!

There's a bit of text here sure, but there could stand to be more. So what do we do? Nothing.

No really.

AID posted:

This is an example prompt, all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.

"Your ship has been repaired and refitted with a new engine, power plant and weapons system. You are now ready for combat! Name your price for this service."

You have no idea what to choose from so you just pick one at random: "1000 gold coins! I will be in your debt forever!"

The dwarf looks surprised by this offer of gratitude, but accepts it anyway. He then turns his attention back to you and says: "I am sorry about that, my name is Grolik and I will take care of everything else.

If you hit enter without imputing text, then the AI will generate more text for you. I'll use this whenever I feel that the output is too short.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled AI Dungeon.

AID posted:

> You use the Socratic method to prove that kings and dragons are the same.
You say "What's the most common trait of a king? I'll tell you: absolute power! They can do what they want, when they want, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them. If I wanted to, I could have every peasant in this castle killed by nightfall. This is absolute power.
You grab the man, lift him up by his shirt collar and stare him in the eye.
"You... you're going to kill me?

Clearly our logic is impeccable. Kings, like dragons can order all peasants killed by nightfall. Although, if he really was a dragon then would't he like, transform and breath fire on us? Maybe he doesn't want to damage his valuable first editions.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Tiggum posted:

yes this

e: too late

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Establish a republic.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
Do: Attack and dethrone the dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Solis posted:

Do: Attack and dethrone the dragon

Voting for dis