Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Carteret posted:

Chorby is now just a living shell of a Blaseball player

way to crop out the soulscream!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Carteret posted:

Lmfao I didn't scroll and see it went on and on and on...

I think they actually abbreviated it, I saw someone post on Twitter the other day that apparently it was long enough to to crash Safari in iOS.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/blaseballpro/status/1379271638210973698?s=21

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

lowercase16 posted:

Hi. I'm new and don't "get" Blaseball. But that's fine, that's normal. But one thing that I thought was pretty straightforward was betting on games. I spent all my coins betting on games. Then, when the games when live, they were totally different games? I thought maybe I just missed that round, but I looks at my money and I'm still bankrupt. I guess it's possible that I lost every single bet, but that seems like a long shot.

I saw that I could beg for more money with breadcrumbs that are free, but I couldn't get any. Nothing happened when I tried to buy them from the shop.

The home page also says I can pick a player to idolize, but I get an error whenever I try.

Has something gone wrong? I use a script blocker, but the only things I'm not allowing are doubleclick.net, google-analytics.com, googlesyndication.com, and googletagmanager.com. Not allowing those hasn't been a problem on any other site...

The "Watch Live" tab shows the games that currently happening, the "Place Bets" tab lets you bet on the games that will be happning next. There's a timer at the top of the Place Bets page that counts down to when those games you're betting on will actually start happening. Normally games happen every hour at which point you can start betting on the next round of games.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Also, go to Your Account and look at your Feed tab to see what actually went down with games you bet on.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/blaseballpro/status/1379983334848217091?s=21

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Pinwiz11 posted:

Going into Day 99, all teams are on Consumer Alert except for the Lovers.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Moist Talkers eliminate the Crabs!

Wings vs Talkers for the Series, either way it's gonna be messy.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
WET v WILD

Talkers 1 win from their second championship now!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
:toot:💦

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
someone explain to me what a "wimdy" is, I'm not on any of the dischords and have only the vaguest idea of the voting strategy shenanigans any of the hardcore fans are up to.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/blaseballcrabs/status/1381640272157810692?s=21

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Here comes the Sun2

Clear score
normal splort.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 13, 2021

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The Gleek now has "Salmon Cannons" apparently. I have no idea what this means but it sounds exciting!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

The Postman posted:

I have max seeds, dogs, pickles and slushies with a fifth slot for votes and I'm at about 670k for the season with York. I've been pretty busy this week so I haven't looked into better idol payouts though.

Nagomi made me well over a million last season though!

I have max of both popcorns, seeds and snake oil and i'm at about 735K now (moist talkers / york silk) and I haven't been terribly consistent with betting.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Looks like a Rare vs Well-done finals.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Steaks ativated Sun 2 to gain a win but take the current game back down to 1-1, series now 2-2 and the Steaks just scored a couple more runs to make it 3-1, if they can hold out one more inning they've got the crown on the back of this 13-1 Sun2 game.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Steaks take it, with an Unrun adding insult to injury. A 13 to 1.4 double-win Sun2 game takes the Steaks from 1-2 to 3-2 for the crown.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Well done, Steaks.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/MoistTalkers/status/1384346950447898631?s=20

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

InnercityGriot posted:

Lol, the Tacos got two players shelled and now only have a three player lineup.

lol how did they end up with a Wyatt Mason that's both Shelled and Elsewhere?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/betaraycarrie/status/1384891591014420480?s=20

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What does Ego Boost actually do?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Hmmm

https://twitter.com/BlaseballNews/status/1385687615047876611?s=20

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Lone Goat posted:

Links to their player pages, for your convenience

York
Nagomi

Also they can't be idolled anymore and are off the chart.

they really need a player search function on the blaseball site, it's silly that you have to go to a fan wiki to find the link to a player's page if you don't know what team they're on.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
lol Talkers are terrible now apparently.

Holy crap the pies are on fire this season though.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/BlaseballCrabs/status/1393168052225822722?s=20

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

InnercityGriot posted:

I don't know how into the FK people are here, but Blaseball has always had an issue with Ruthlessness, the stat that controls walks. (Basically they rarely ever happen in the league right now.) According to SIBR that's been adjusted this season, so we might see some super erratic results because pitchers will be throwing more balls now.

How did people even figure out something like "the hidden stat 'ruthlessness' is corellated to throwing balls"?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How does Breakfast actually work?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It feels like you can't possibly figure out anything that's happening from going to the actual website now, you have to be deep into discord channels or something. I've basically fallen off this game because I have no idea what's happening and can't figure much out anymore from going to the site and casually following some twitter accounts.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Are we back to losing being better than winning during the regular season? I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I would not be enitirely displeased if the entire league ends up incinerated and replaced by the end of the week.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Pinwiz11 posted:

The original Parker MacMillan had a collection of mods that led to whole teams being incinerated, which led to a Reset of the league (the results of which we know as the start of Blaseball S1). When Parker leaves a team (which he will every nine games due to Super Roaming), the previous Team becomes Unstable and has a higher change of Incineration for the next in-game week (9 matches). Parker was locked in the Vault after the Reset.

Meanwhile, the Coin is trying to control? Exploit? this fact (to pay off its debt?) and it led to Parker escaping into the main league after the Semi-Centenial match. That match also caused Sun(sun) to explode, creating the new weather type. The Supernova Eclipse can also incinerate non-Unstable teams.

- The Breath Mints were a casualty of the weather in Game 3
- The Fridays died because of Parker's Unstable proc
- The Crabs are currently vulnerable until the end of Game 18.

Does the Coin have a plan? Are they just scrambling to keep their head above (under? both?) water? We don't know, but I expect we'll find out this week.

e: Aw, Monitor...

https://twitter.com/BlaseballPro/status/1419848680832651272

e2: lol the Moist Talkers have a single batter in their lineup.

Go Polkadot!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Idolizing Polkadot Patterson is proving extremely lucrative now that she’s literally the only batter for the Moist Talkers.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So the Wild and Mild are now the Levil and Glood leagues?

OK

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Wait why is there a second completely different Baltimore Crabs team in the Hall of Flame?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Could the Black Hole nullify itself?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
LMAO the black hole removed "all you can eat" which apparently means you no longer get bonuses for low snack slots but also you apparently can no longer purchase additional snack slots.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Pinwiz11 posted:

e: According to FK/math the map will have rotated into a baseball diamond by Day 99.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/blaseballpro/status/1420950275356045313?s=21

well ok then

I do like the dissonance of looking at this madness of cataclysmic world-changing events and thinking, “ok, but how does this affect my team’s chances at the trophy this season?”

Blaseball.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 30, 2021