Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's more like several things, as far as I understand? the wiki's getting rebuilt, they're doing a merch store, they've got a few things to implement from the last decree (and work on the other ideas that they had), plus other potential secrets

and it's also the holidays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Memnaelar posted:

So, is there any sort of... readable primer for starting blaseball? I just joined after seeing it all over my Twitter feed, randomly picked a team and idol whose names sounded cool... and now?

this video is a good rundown of everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5t8DwnDE1k

but basically you bet on games while they're happening, and spend your coins on improving your bets/voting for things in the store.

there is a long offseason happening right now to improve the game in various ways; to make things go a little better they're doing an exhibition tourney every tuesday with new teams with players reassigned based on their coffee preferences

the rest of it is immersing yourself in fan content that's getting made about and around it, usually by poking around the wiki and the discord

that brings me to why i came to this thread today: the garages did a live set for desert bus for hope and it was fantastic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur3xIfbsYxM

the live album of that set is also up (plus bonus tracks), proceeds also go to the charity

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
anyone have a good summary of the pizza/cheese/apple/spread items and what they do/should i keep them in my inventory or just have a spot open for whenever i should interact with their features? i know it's only day 1 but i figure there might be some FK i can follow

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
everything is fine.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i like AYCE if just for not having to micromanage anything if you don't have to + i don't like it when blaseball gets fiddly

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The discord Im a part of is way to invested in their fanfics to get rid of players they have made into literal self inserts.

E: Genuinely was :rolleyes: when the shoe thieves tried to rewrite tillman as not a heel. When he got returned they were actually so upset, instead of playing the funny game of "ugh he died doing what he loved, being disappointing"

i don't know how you can follow blaseball if you're this much of a wet blanket about fan stuff

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
doing things to gently caress around and find out instead of whatever is the Best Thing Possible is how some of the best stuff in blaseball has started, like when everyone decided to practice necromancy

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

A Single Sphink posted:

The Steaks, Millennials and Crabs at the very least, according to The Game Band. They had fans duping coins.

you misunderstood at least part of this, people were hopping teams and buying stuff some of which were intentionally sabotage

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm at least glad they put percentages on the votes so that if someone gets really mad about something happening people can go 'yo this had a vanishingly small chance of happening and it's not some organized campaign to gently caress you over specifically'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
those accounts aren't "official" accounts and i think you're just projecting a little bit as well

the way to think about it is that the game is set up so that weird/bad votes have a chance at winning, and the fact that those votes win out doesn't mean that the entire team's fanbase wanted that specific result to happen especially because thinking that way has led to people being real poo poo to others after recent elections

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think the part where i disagree on is calling it "sabotage" as if it was an organized and concerted attempt instead of one or two people possibly swapping teams and voting badly. it's the difference between wishing that one dude could get hosed and thinking an entire team's fanbase is corrupt and deserves to be punished

locking wills voting if you've fluted that season should at least make people think about it differently even if it doesn't do anything in practice

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
how exactly do you expect a large team to organize several hundred people to gently caress over a different team without anyone else being aware of it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm talking about the rest of the fanbase and TGB hearing about it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think there's a difference between 'unfair' in terms of the game's whims rolling stuff away and 'unfair' in terms of 'i blame specific people for the bad thing that happened to me' and the latter's where things get lovely

i do wish people just let it bounce off instead of having it bug them though

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
make exchanges also average out the exchanged players' stats :twisted:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
have you tried turning off your script blockers and seeing if that's the issue?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'i didn't think the face-eating leopard sharks would eat MY face as well'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
please be chill about blaseball and don't genuinely get upset to the point where you're accusing a team of somehow 'selling out'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Squall posted:

Chorby Soul's plunder was 9,462 votes. The Uncle Plasma foreshadowing from the Breath Mints was 270,899 votes within a window of about 30 minutes. I bought 18,000 votes just on my own at the end of last season.

but what if people want to ignore facts and yell at people anyway

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Somberbrero posted:

That's really not a great way to frame that conversation. An ounce of empathy would go a long way when you're holding a gun to Chorby's head.

I dunno if that's a good way to frame things either, here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the one blaseball player that deserves to RIP instead of RIV

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is this the most eventful earlsiesta in a while

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

oh poor Nerd Pacheco

their muscles atrophied from being in the shell so long

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

harperdc posted:

But then the turntable add-on to stadiums was immediately “ratified,” which means it was taken away on the same page.

Blaseball: Sure, Why Not.

ratification means it's now a gamewide intrinsic and not just a thing a subsegment of the league has

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
for posterity

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

StormOfDarkness posted:

I mean that is assuming a team in the overbracket can't be a wildcard in the underbracket and vice versa. Who knows, maybe one team can win two championships in one season.

now i'm just hoping we end up having a team play two games simultaneously

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
be in a discord server that has a blaseball channel and then every time someone goes 'holy poo poo' ask them what happened

today i found out parker used to be a player and murdered his entire team by accident

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the core gameplay loop is in fact weird things happening to these simulated players. that's what makes it blaseball and not actual sports

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
twenty thousand people for nothing having even happened yet is pretty big

it's over twice as many people who made it to the official discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think it's extremely too early to come down on one side or the other about that. we barely know anything about what they have in store for the future and the actual game part has been live for one full day