Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
RIV Dom, a loving dark day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
I really haven't engaged with things much outside of twitter but I did pop in to discord for the concert after Cat Manning was talking it up and uh

the Mike Townsend trilogy loving wrecks?

there's a chance that this is the end / I have to do this if it saves my friend

c'mon, you can't do that to me.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
BLASEBALL
The "Could You Forgive Wire Fraud, Goku" Era

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
I also recommend all of everything that official the official ILB Ambassador has written, starting with the primer. https://catacalypto.substack.com/p/i-am-all-love-blaseball-and-so-can

That live version of In the Feedback is kind of incredible, highly recommend it.

Coffee Cup day 1 was hilarious if only because SIBR was the first team to WILDLY be doing data crimes.

marhom fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 19, 2020

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
this is targeted harassment against the pitching machine and I will not stand for it

In the interim, if people tuned out during the siesta:

Parker 3 died during the trial, for reasons. Parker 4 died during the coffee cup, also for... reasons?

The Garages released approximately seventeen thousand albums, all of which were at least "pretty good"

Parker 5 is Scores Baserunner's dad. legally (do not copy) (thanks SIBR I guess)

Cat dropped s11 (and really, Discipline era capstone piece) recap just tonight: https://catacalypto.substack.com/p/after-the-fire

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
This is an extremely called shot: the new UX around Wills is going to be used narratively (probably in the last week of this 3/2) by the Boss to drive divisions in the playerbase.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

harperdc posted:

The concept of inventory limits certainly is a choice too.

just saw this come up in discord which... huh.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Was that screenshot of the data witches earning someone coins for black holes real? are we in blaseball{n} territory again? I haven't had time to dive in today, especially not between shitposting about the bizarre datacrime of Don Mitchell's replication whilst being swept away and L O N G B O S S.

Obviously, the Coin's shift in tone is important but I'd like to point out the wording around Her pronouncement about MVPs.

quote:

Delivering Our MVPs.

the vc-speak side of it as 'minimum viable product' when coupled with the verb 'deliver' is moderately obvious but uh, have y'all noticed how we're getting a lot more defined locations / states?

Some of these are loose and may refer to the same thing but: we obviously have the Immaterial Plane, the Hall, the Shadows, elsewhere, whatever the gently caress Released is especially in the context of that there is now Home w/ Based Evolution, the Under and presumably the Over (I'm assuming this is where the big leagues/blaseball2 are given some context from the events around flooding but that's entirely speculation), the Trench (under?), the nebulous context of the Void which seems to mean the Shadows or Hall depending on the other target.

also what the HELL was that tacos game? 15-0 is bonkers

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

Max Peck posted:

Real screenshot that was the result of a bug: for a while it was displaying your favorite team as part of that message regardless of which team triggered BH, now it's just "You earned X coins from Black Hole being activated Y times." with no team mention.

Makes a whole lot more sense, thanks.

harperdc posted:

quote:

the vc-speak side of it as 'minimum viable product' when coupled with the verb 'deliver' is moderately obvious but uh, have y'all noticed how we're getting a lot more defined locations / states?
the characters are getting less otherworldly and more directly related to the real world so this isn't a surprise. we're in for Story and What It All Means in this era.

Well, I specifically meant that the normal language of the Coin would immediately point to the former, reinforcing one of the central conceits around the Boss, but I am betting it's a fakeout and we're going to be Delivering the MVPs above the line to ... somewhere, and it's not going to be good.

Also did I miss... something this morning with the community? Lot of the (absolutely correct) SIBR post about canon being fake going around.

e:

Nephzinho posted:

Heads up all, Pickles + Morin = the best idol earner by a large margin.

What Blessings are other teams thinking of pursuing this time around? Mills have had more debate on this cycle of Wills/Blessings than anything in a while. Though a lot of it is very dumb.

Wills (and that game vs. the mechanics last night) finally got me to try and be in the discord more. I'm just glad NaN somehow dodged getting feedbacked over FIFTEEN INNINGS

marhom fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 9, 2021

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
well, I did not expect that

at all

in the slightest.

https://twitter.com/SIBROfficial/status/1372794936806891523

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
uh.

extremely, extremely gently caress this?
RIV our dork :(

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
I feel like we should be talking about the line in the blaseball beat again that is either the official front office tone being used to gently caress with us or TGB doing that thing again where they do some really clever wordplay that has functionally been staring us in the face forever.

The Blaseball Beat posted:

League-wide instability and multiple team incinerations laid at the feet of Pre-historic Legend and interned commissioner namesake Parker MacMillan, an escalating calamity that appears to have threatened all of Blaseball and ultimately forced Ownership to hit the Reset button.

I swear to christ if the 'interim-intern' in p-milly's title actually refers to each successive parker basically being placeholder replicas for the period of Parker Walk With Me's imprisonment in the Vault or something of that loose nature, I am going to yell

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

Nea posted:

Sometimes you realize you can make a funny bit out of something you did ages ago and you go for it. I respect TGB's power.

Oh absolutely, I love it.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
well, that's like maxed negative fort on the stadium. hope everyone's sold down to one slot / 99 sundaes for this loving bloodbath.

I swear, the writing that we got from the reader after Let's Go Mills Baby Mills Go Up is so incredibly good in that it both mocks our attempts to forge order from chaos while being quite LITERALLY about that (and also opening up like six new spheres of inquiry, if my dumbshit bridge theory is right I'm gonna lose it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

tinstaach posted:

Apparently several teams were 'saved' (whatever the hell that means in this context) by players who had hoarded millions of peanuts, hoping they would eventually become useful. And they were!

Axel, peanut god-emperor of the immaterial plane

(he wasn't even hoarding for a reason, he was just doing a bit on twitter!)