Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brute Squad posted:

Full letter is in the article. Including the galaxy-brained take of a fictional character saying "this is my opinion, not fact" means that the statement should be construed as fact, not opinion. ViacomCBS has responded, which is quite good.

Just a reminder that just over a decade ago Dershowitz was a respected (if cranky) defense attorney and legal scholar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RFC2324 posted:

can you imagine the scene in the terrorist bunkers, watching that explosion on TV and screaming about how those were their explosives leveling beirut?

"THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED ABU HAJJAR!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

That sure is a warehouse full of exploding poo poo.

:stare:

Never hire a coyote to manage your warehouse.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Remember that idiot YouTube rear end in a top hat Jake Paul? The FBI raided his house.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
On a lighter note, what the gently caress are these dudes riding and why are they doing it like this?

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1291050600105476096

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That YouTube guy had a high power rifle and scope sitting on the back of his patio, looking like he was peeping neighbours with a hunting rifle and they also removed like 5 other guns from the house so maybe he was gonna go postal?

That might explain the platoon of cops, actually.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Betcha that Trump honestly thinks the Onion's Diamond Joe stories were true.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Trump: not only would Joe Biden have ordered the crucifixion of Jesus, he would have defunded the brave Roman soldiers who did it immediately thereafter!

IIRC there's a serious school of Christian thought that the Romans weren't to be condemned for the Crucifixion because it needed to happen so Jesus could save everyone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jesus Christ his skin is now the same color as a whole roast chicken.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1291539215176667138

Forum events: apparently the whole "lowtax got a visit from the secret service" thing that got LF shut down was complete bullshit.

Depends on just what they mean by a "reasonable search" of their records, doesn't it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is it weird that I use the number of new posts in this thread as a barometer of how awful the day was

Not really.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just a reminder that it was a year ago that Russia had a major nuclear whoopsie related to developing a hypersonic fission-powered cruise missile of the sort the US looked at during the peak of the Cold War and decided was too unworkable and dangerous.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PeterCat posted:

Irish people taste testing things was my favorite from a couple years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B70e-01JBbA

"I'm Thomas Jefferson, would you like to drink my piss?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So it dawned on me earlier. Hillary's poking her head into the picture not because she wants Secretary of State again...

...it's because she wants Chief of Staff.

"Gatekeeper" to the President, hundreds of staffers to yell at and torture, able to enforce her will on countless Democrats...

Hillary has a knife and is hiding in your closet, waiting to strike. Hillary is responsible for your last flat tire. Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary the enteral boogieman

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol just overheard FN on Harris mention christians and catholics

Oh joy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BigDave posted:

Good christ does he actually want to start another riot?

It's either this, or his brain is 100% rancid pea soup. Or both.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Probably misremembering it here, but I thought the surface dwellers were smart but weak, while the morlocks were dumb brutes. Maybe the Guy Pearce/Samantha Mumba version is clouding my memory. And 7up guy being a talking super computer.

From what I remember the Eloi were intelligent but completely innocent in terms of thought and had no real conception that the Morlocks wanted to harm them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile in #NotAllPresidents news:

BBC posted:

Portugal president helps rescue two women caught at sea

Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has helped rescue two women who came into difficulty at an Algarve beach when their kayak capsized.

The president, 71, was pictured on Saturday swimming over to the kayakers who were struggling in the water.

He later told reporters that the women had been swept by currents from a neighbouring beach into the bay.

President Rebelo de Sousa is currently on holiday in the Algarve in a bid to promote tourism there.

Portugal's economy relies heavily on its tourism industry, which has been hugely impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.

The president had just spoken to journalists at Praia do Alvor beach when he noticed the women struggling.

Video footage caught the moment he swam into the sea to assist them. Another man was already there, trying to help turn the canoe over while a person on a jet ski also approached to offer help.

The man on the jet ski then managed to tow the kayak back to the shore.

After assisting the women, President Rebelo de Sousa told journalists that the women had come from another beach.

"As there is a very large west current, they were dragged out, turned around, swallowed a lot of water and were not even able to turn [the kayak], nor to climb [on it], or swim, such is the strength of the current," he told local media.

The president said he was helped by another "patriot" on the jet ski.

He warned that the women should be careful in future.

According to broadcaster 20 Minutos, the president is spending his holidays visiting different areas of the country to promote tourism.

Portugal remains off the list of countries that the UK government has exempted from quarantine restrictions.

The country is incredibly popular with British holidaymakers, with almost three million UK visitors a year. More tourists from the UK head to the Algarve each summer than from any other country.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Finally got a haircut today after I think six months. Thanks to my COVID beard I was able to ask for the Ulysses S. Grant look.

Speaking of, hey McNally, you know a good way to get a U.S. Grant costume together without spending a ton of cash on reenactment grade stuff?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh settle down, he joked that she called him that.

And he said this, which is a point that needs making more drat often:

quote:

Cardi B noted her recent experience navigating child care since giving birth, also pointing out the decline in availability of after-school programs.

Biden agreed, lamenting that as material conditions improved, people became less willing to pay taxes to maintain such programs.

“And that’s why this [notion that] ‘government is bad’ has been such a downer for things that really matter to you and me,” he added.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Best Friends posted:

Wait, what?

I know about the presidential candidate of course, but what did the rapper do?

Claimed she would rob rich johns during her time as a sex worker or some drat thing, but IIRC she said nothing about sexually assaulting them like is being claimed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PookBear posted:

Hunter Biden, the McCains, colin powell are more important to the DNC than AOC and yet you dumb fuckers act like the moral failing for people not voting for biden is on the voter themselves and not the entire loving DNC and every mother fucker that endorsed Biden, including Bernie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blessed image.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TCD posted:

Uh - it's kinda funny given the Dem Senator trolling one of the state's conservative rags.

Yeah, was gonna say. Schumer did an actual funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kesper North posted:

oh god i remember seeing that movie on MST3K, which one is that

That's some poo poo from Power Rangers, but the Trump-appointed Ambassador to Denmark was no loving joke the lead actress in an MST3K movie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:hmmyes:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

Don't forget though that Ole Miss had their coach March with them, as Lane Kiffin's kinda chill.

Maybe about politics, but as a coach I remember him for a series of being hired by a football program, turning it into a trash fire, then fleeing for whoever was dumb enough to hire him. His termination from the Oakland Raiders by Al Davis (RIP) was the stuff of legends, complete with an overhead projector.

Maybe he's grown as a person recently, I dunno.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It means he was filming Black Panther while undergoing treatment for Stage III colon cancer.

And Endgame was last year.

Never saw him in anything but drat that's loving awful. Dude was a class act.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nick Soapdish posted:

Echoing everyone else and glad that you're alright

Hell, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.