Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

not caring here posted:

Was it Reade where those articles came out saying that she was a grifter with a trail of victims?

they did the "she's no angel" thing usually reserved for 11 year old black kids by talking to her landlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
TLP and the Republican establishment in general just really wants to take control of the racist mob away from Trump. They don't disagree on literally any policy, they just want to have the army of racist shitheels supporting them wholeheartedly.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
every time they roll out the entire PD on a guy, and every time every other force within 250 miles shows up to help, is another case used to justify exorbitant budgets

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

IIRC there's a serious school of Christian thought that the Romans weren't to be condemned for the Crucifixion because it needed to happen so Jesus could save everyone.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
UK centrists, much like American centrists, would prefer fascism over the left

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/i-saw-inside-how-labour-staff-worked-prevent-labour-government/

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Best Friends posted:

Yeah I grew up in deep blue America, and my first awareness of that whole movement was a couple guys in the USMC who were super Christian and seemed to be anti vax based on the idea that science, as a whole, was suspect. Later on I got whiplash seeing it be a thing with liberal suburbanites.

The best I can tell it's a subset of people who see their children as high priced status symbols and that one of them could come out broken is an impossibility

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm getting really drat sick of the "smart" conservatives and centrists who try to defend it as anything more than a wholly evil ideology. They wrap themselves in knots to try to rationalize "fiscal responsibility" as a good thing but absolutely refuse to connect the dots to what we're seeing now, which is leaving people to die of something that's easily preventable. And the worst part is they have Trump as an easy scapegoat for all these problems. Conservativism isn't the problem, it's all just Trump messing things up.

Trump is every conservative argument amped up to 11 and never let them for a moment forget it. They weren't hoodwinked or bamboozled; this guy and his policies are what they have been clamoring for the past 40 years.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
As an example of just how far the overton window has shifted, Hillary Clinton was a goldwater girl

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
lol that line up is awful

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the keynote speaker slots, where you showcase the potential future of the party, is the Obamas and the Bidens.

this party has no future.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

PookBear posted:

the DNC does not exist to win elections, it exists to extract money from donors.

cant fend off primaries from the left without donor bucks

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the heavyweights of conservative intellectualism argue at a high school debate level

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

lol remember when Biden aborted Stacey Abrams VP dream on-air with her present

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
in the midst of a massive civil rights upheavel over police brutality and system injustice he chose the cop

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
guys calm down this secures California and the votes of a great number of people in the electorally irrelevant south

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/schwartzbCNBC/status/1293313760581619712?s=20

Nothing will fundamentally change.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Oh God y'all are really doing 2016 all over again lmao

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the major speakers at the Convention are Republicans change my mind

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Harley is going to get the 'repeatedly passed around by private equity, each one saddling it with even more debt as they pump the corpse a few more times for dividends and management fees' treatment

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the Republicans who've protected Trump(all of them) are the same ones Biden and establishment Democrats want to work with.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The Obama admin folded from the get go because they just could not believe that the GOP would not work with them and they huffed their farts so loving hard that right until Trump was sworn in they thought that gently leaning on the levers of power would bring them to the table where they could all cut Social Security bipartisanly.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Michelle Obama apparently delivered the speech of the convention and nobody might come close.

https://twitter.com/thematthill/status/1295556739794862080?s=19

And because this is a good line and also accurate:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1295554892619186177?s=19

We're dying without healthcare but it's great y'all get to jerk off over the Obamas again

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
be sure to write your congresspeople and mail in your vote!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

BigDave posted:

Yes but Biden and Harris are not the ideal candidates who are not progressive in any way so naturally we must reconsider if voting is even a worthwhile task and :words:

Seriously ever since Harris was a lock it seem like everyone I know online has been complaining about how the election is just another lesser of two evils contest.

The election is not between a centerist liberal and a centerist conservative.

It's between a conservative Democrat and a loving wannabe Hitler.

If you were that concerned, you'd of nominated someone capable of turning this back.

But you didn't.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
they impeached Trump because he picked on Biden's absolute trainwreck of a son who absolutely rode the grift train to success and not because of literally anything else he did which Democrats are mostly ok with

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I think there is the fatal error of not calculating people really hated Hilary Clinton and are pretty meh about Joe. People now hate Trump even more so the 80k votes across 5 states is likely not going to happen even with the suppression. I think it’s going to say the senate and kick the cab, but Trump is in a shittier position that he was in 2016 and doesn’t have 30 years of propaganda behind his opponent.

I dunno if you're up on current events but theres more than 30 years of Biden being a shitter that the Trump can run on.

Conservatives wildly love their candidate, Democrats don't. We're doing 2016 all over again, on purpose.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
which one of you dense motherfuckers was defending politifact again?

https://twitter.com/nataliesurely/status/1298317210302197761?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Pine Cone Jones posted:

As lovely and status quo as Biden is and knowing I can't expect any meaningful changes with law enforcement if he wins, I hope he does, because I really don't know what to expect with four more years of trump. I'm trying to not give in to paranoia about getting a tavor and some body armor, all this poo poo is terrible and I just want the ride to stop.

Democrat Jesus and his supermajority not only failed to address this, they made it worse. Somehow I don't think Crime Bill/Top Cop are going to make any positive changes.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Carry and shoot first

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean yeah let's not pretend which side the government will fall on

Will? They made that choice decades ago.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I've always thought this is idea is both too gentle on federal-level Democrats (full governmental control basically led to healthcare and rescuing the whole drat economy, and that's about it, instead of fixing immigration/elections/etc) and too harsh on them. A lot of the problems of the past 9 years were either during full-blown federal Republican blockades or poo poo that couldn't have been predicted, like the Supreme Court basically gutting the Voting Rights Act.

Basically, a ton of terribles were locked behind thousands of doors, and Democrats left a bunch of them unlocked. It still required Republicans to open those doors and I blame the people opening the doors.

They admittedly refused to do anything but gently nudge the levers of power because they were all broke brained West Wing watching idiots who kept telling themselves that the Republicans surely had to come to the bargaining table THIS TIME.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

What inspired that anyway? It's usually (overwhelmingly?) something I associate with oppressive shitholes. Do any semifunctional nations do them? Bastille day parade, maybe?

the military makes us strong so we must show it off at all times to remind everyone how strong we are because our enemies are great which is why we have a valiant military to protect us from our weakling enemies who can't compare to america

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Flying_Crab posted:

it's almost like there is a correlation w/ being educated and not being a CHUD. I'd be curious to see enlisted only numbers broken out by junior enlisted, NCO & SNCOs.

chud, yes. Trump supporter, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

I hope I'm proven wrong but I don't believe the DNC cares about anything but maintaining their sense of moral superiority when it's all said and done

they dont. theyre perfectly fine being a permanent minority party offering performative resistance and doing the GOP's dirty work on the rare occasion they stumble into power, as long as when the music stops theyve still got a seat at the table.