Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

orange juche posted:

What the gently caress is with twitter and people replying to tweets with nothing but a loving kpop video?
I don't want to watch your loving kpop video if I did I would go looking for the kpop video.

Catching up on post backlog but in the years before it was used to take over hashtags or drown out replies they were literally just farming (your) views for groups they like because Twitter will autoplay and count it as a view. As in literally just internet popularity "my band has 10m views on this video they're amazing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/hypemvn/status/1299533315268136962?s=19

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Known Good Guy who just wants to sell some sneakers Michael Jordan

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Chromatica is good and anyone who likes pop should listen to it.

(the first minute is her song 911 which is about how she started taking olanzapine because of a psychotic break and even though it flattens her emotions it's worth it so she doesn't hate herself)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Olanzapine is the drug that brought me back to sane and regulated me out to a much healthier mental state. Sure it’s flattened my affect and kind of just makes me emotionally numb at times- but I’m not a raving mad man with delusions of grandeur or persecution. Psychosis is a motherfucker.

I’ve also not gotten into any altercations, verbal or physical, in years since I started taking it.

Maxed out my dosage at 30mg nightly. If you’ve got psychiatric issues and your doctor thinks olanzapine (Zyprexa brand name) might help give it a serious consideration. I went from fighting with the voices in my head and other craziness to a completely boring and safe and sane life.

Olanzapine saved my life.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

Thanks for sharing. As a pharmacist I don't really get as much insight as I'd like into how the meds I hand out affect people's lives so I'm glad to hear it works for people so I feel less like the end money spigot of the pharmaceutical industry.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm expecting some fun to come my way. The good news is, there's a loving investigation. The bad news is, in order to get the investigation going I basically have had to step into the light and waive all of my privacy guarantees.

Boy is Fox News gonna have some fun trying to explain "Fracture Eyes"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Wasabi the J posted:

Straterra is great for my weird mix of ADHD and anxiety, and Wellbutrin keeps the abyss from opening up too far, and they haven't affected my brain think meat too bad.

Honest Q, as a pharmacist what kinda medical advice or opinion can you legally provide? Like can you say something to another doctor about some horrible interactions? Can you tell a patient they need to see a doc before they come back? Can you recommend "asking your doctor about x"?

This isn't anything pressing just thought I'd ask.

That's literally my job description actually. Assessing drug interactions and informing patients and/or doctors is the reason why my job exists. In Canada there's a bunch of legally defined medical acts like diagnosing, surgical intervention, prescribing, injections, dispensing etc. and of course doctors get to do them all while every other health professional only gets a small slice of the pie. If doctors didn't worry about keeping track of medication history and interactions they'd be handing out meds themselves. And they do sometimes! Like when they give you an Ativan before surgery or whatnot.

We can send scripts back to doctors or refuse to fill if we feel we have a legitimate reason to do so. Any kinda complaints are basically brought up to a group of peers so as long as you do what most pharmacists would do in your situation you're fine.

I often do tell patients that they should ask about X as an alternative to what they're taking right now because it might work a little better and doctors do call us sometimes because they're trying to work through drug alternatives because the one they wanted doesn't work or the antibiotic they wanted to give is gonna make their heart rhythm go wonky with their Lexapro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I should also note that pharmacists don't mess with psych meds generally because they're so personalized in effect and it's best left to the doctor (even if they may or may not be very good at it)