Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like TikTok is saved (Donnie was running his yap on Air Force One, then got his mind changed by phone calls). Incidentally, the image used here is confirmation of a very odd hand bruise that Donnie suddenly got.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1290100836333318144

This source is sketchy, but since it's now confirmed by that NYT article's picture, it's not fake.

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1289722987076153344

Incidentally, all those newspapers might be pre-damage control for his Axios interview where he's like I READ THINGS

Oh I know what that is, my grandparents get them all the time. Basically as you get older your skin gets thinner and you lose dexterity, so you constantly bump into things and you bruise like a week old grapefruit.

Either that or it's from a PICC line insertion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ok seriously how has he not gotten it yet

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

Probably for similar reasons as to why McDonald's food doesn't decompose.

Satanic blood sacrifice, gotcha.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Good for him, maybe he can do something with it after Covid winds down.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nick Soapdish posted:

When we picked up the uhaul trailer Sunday, a dude in 40s walking out was wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask and this is the new grift. "Own the libs with your MAGA mask!!!"

I'm cool with that. If it gets the kids to eat their veggies, fine.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LingcodKilla posted:

Lyndon Johnson would dick slap him for saying his name.

Which would probably kill him upon impact, dude had a pipe. :stonk:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

:stonk: That's gonna be a safety briefing.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

I kept watching this and just what the gently caress

It reminded me of the Sopranos, when Junior was waist deep in Alzheimer's and kept repeating himself.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

Per a Lebanese General inspect the site, the warehouse was used to store seized high explosive contraband and a lot of it had been there for years.

https://twitter.com/LBCI_NEWS/status/1290691079159848961?s=20

So a firework factory was next to a impounded explosive warehouse, which was next to a grain silo.

Were they also next to a oily rag wholesaler and kerosene distillery?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

TCD posted:

Diesel depot and fertilizer storage would be a bingo.

Only if they were across the street from a Volatile Chemicals store.

"Come on down to Volatile Chemicals for our annual Shakey Sale! This week only, mercury fulminate 20% off of MSRP! Nitroglycerin, 15% off! TATP, 99% off! So walk slowly and carefully, don't run, down to Volatile Chemicals, your low cost extreme hazard leader!"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stravag posted:

I hate that i have no confidence from just reading it if this is him or you making this up and i hate this timberline do much for that

Not real, needs a reference to his good friend Alan Dershowitz and how he ties into it

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Another picture from the Washington Post

Reminds me of Yokohama after the March 1945 air raids

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Loden Taylor posted:

When it comes to law enforcement using tactical gear, the answer to "why are they doing it like this" is usually "we saw this in a movie and it looked cool."

"We saw 'Heat' and yeah law enforcement is basically like that but every day"

*Forces jaywalker down at gunpoint*

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
SWAT teams are weaponized cosplay, prove me wrong. :colbert:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Porfiriato posted:

Someone on Twitter dug into the paperwork on the NRA lawsuit to look at some of the highlights of the grifting LaPierre was doing with NRA.

Spoiler: it's a lot. My favorite might be that he had the NRA spend $13.5 million on his "personal travel consultant" over a ~5 year period leading up to this year, when the NRA already had their own dedicated travel agency.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1291537690635239425.html

They couldn't be more blatant about embezzeling funds if they tried.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Anyone else see this?

WaPo posted:

In a loss for Trump, judge says woman who accused him of rape can proceed with defamation suit
Matt Zapotosky
2-3 minutes

A New York judge handed a loss Thursday to President Trump in the defamation lawsuit brought by a woman who says he raped her years ago, rejecting Trump’s bid to delay the case while an appeals court considered a separate, but similar, matter.

Verna L. Saunders, a New York Supreme Court Justice, wrote that the lawsuit filed by journalist E. Jean Carroll could move forward and need not wait for an appeals court decision in a similar suit brought by former “Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos, who also alleges Trump sexually assaulted her.

The president has denied both women’s allegations.

Thursday’s ruling means that in the coming weeks and months, Carroll’s legal team can press forward with seeking Trump’s DNA, which they hope to compare to genetic material on the dress she said she wore during the incident, and with trying to interview Trump under oath. Trump can also seek depositions from Carroll and those she says she told about the incident. Saunders scheduled a telephone conference in the case for Sept. 30.

“We are now eager to move forward with discovery so that we can prove that Donald Trump defamed E. Jean Carroll when he lied about her in connection with her brave decision to tell the truth about the fact that Donald Trump had sexually assaulted her,” said Roberta Kaplan, a lawyer for Carroll.

A lawyer for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Saunders wrote that Trump’s argument was effectively rendered moot by a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision that rejected his claims of immunity from local law enforcement and congressional investigators. While that involved a criminal investigation, Saunders wrote that it was “applicable to all state court proceedings in which a sitting President is involved, including those involving his or her unofficial/personal conduct.”

Trump could appeal the ruling.

I mean... Jesus H I know hope is dead and all that, but go Summer go!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
And technically she's not suing for sexual assault, she's suing for libel. She said that Trump raped her, he called her a liar, and now she might get the chance to prove he lied when he called her a liar.

It's like getting Capone on tax evasion.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bengy81 posted:

So I've been seeing a lot more motorcycles on the road this week, and this morning I decided to check, and guess what!!!

The Sturgis motorcycle rally starts today!
That means a half million chuds are going to descend, mask-less, on west SD to party over the next 10 days. Between that and schools opening back up, I can't wait to see what COVID numbers look like at the end of the month.

Zero.

Can't report what you don't test!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Burning Beard posted:

Don't worry, the SD Governor is on it though, right? Right?

Wasn't she the last one to enforce a stay at home order, and now she's holed up in the Residence in Pierre?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Burning Beard posted:

Bingo. She also thought BLM would try to blow up Mount Rushmore or something.

Well, yes, but what's the problem with that?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Burning Beard posted:

No problem at all, I hate Mount Rushmore. It's just a tourist trap as far as I'm concerned.

It's been well established by Goon Law that the only 'correct' South Dakota destination is Wall Drug. :colbert:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Trumple Orangeskin signed some EOs. It's on TV now. $400 unemployment benefit, now he's babbling about stocks.

I have the best socks

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Looks like it's a extract from some flower called nerium: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleandrin

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
THIS IS WHAT THE FUNDAMENTALISTS WANT

A STRONG LEADER WHO WILL LEAD US INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

I didn't expect the Jim Jones exit for this regime but it fits

It's fits the more you read into fundamental Christianity and how it's basically apocalypse worship.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

Oh I know, I grew up in that.

Oh you may know

BUT HAVE YOU SEE THR LIGHT?!!! :bahgawd:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

I guess it has improved since the last time some Transformers were blowing up in Chicago.

Was that transformers 3 or 4?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Loden Taylor posted:

Only an idiot can come up with something so poetically stupid.

It's a bit like when my younger brother was in high school, and one of his duller friends thought that, in World War II, we intimidated Germany into surrendering by bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and then Japan retaliated by bombing Pearl Harbor.

Later, when my brother was in basic, I make a joke telephone transcript between Hitler, Truman, and Eisenhower that played on that idea. Several dudes in his bay were confused and asked if it was what really happened.

But I thought the German bombed Pearl Harbor? :confuoot:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Joe Biden to announce VP pick Boe Jiden!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Brute Squad posted:

loving Kamala Harris.

Eh.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

not caring here posted:

I've been so disappointed with politics since trump got elected that my standard for a VP pick is "better than pence, y/n"

She's the McDouble of VP choices.

She's not very healthy and uses ingredients we're trying to phase out, but damnit I've gotta be back at work in 10 minutes and its this or nothing.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stultus Maximus posted:

Let's be more specific about her comments

Man I WISH we could get invaded by Islamists, maybe they could finally fix up this shitheap.

Islamists were the ones who introduced representative government and rule of law?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Sweet, I just thought of a business idea!

I'll primary myself against Omar in the next election! Convince tech billionaires and progressive boomers who fear death I'm the Great White Hope who can preserve their fortunes, run a half-assed campaign managed by the jagoffs from Five Thirty Eight, lose on primary day by a landslide, and keep the leftover cash!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

lightpole posted:

Ah the Trump pkaybook

well yes but I'll intentionally lose

Like Brewsters Millions, but without the comedic timing of Richard Pryor.

Wait, I'm a fat white guy. Make that Easy Money.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Oh God y'all are really doing 2016 all over again lmao

No we need more quibbling about how the Democratic candidate may not capture the old racist vote and what that means.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I said more quibbling damnit!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

There's seems to be a trend going on for conservatives lately.

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1293674855238455309?s=19

"Trump administration sues McDonald's for ingredients of Big Mac sauce" - headline from next month.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

PookBear posted:

You're in Nevada trying to get to California. One bus is heading to Colorado, the other New York. Which bus do you get on.

The one with legal weed?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doc Hawkins posted:

Bad metaphor already, neither both parties are against that.

OK, whichever bus stops killing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

STILL A BAD METAPHOR

Goddamnit..

WHICHEVER BUS DOES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HARM.