Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Eh. The replies got me to that former aide's take:

https://twitter.com/ssavett/status/1289574558341558274?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: I can't believe I never noticed that. He's like a lovely fat old John Stockton surrounded by typical NBA players.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The submissions for Mississippi's new state flag are up and friends they are an adventure.

https://twitter.com/nicksuss/status/1290303695436079104?s=20

There are some choice loving submissions in there. Why the hell do so many say "In God We Trust?" That's not the state motto.

Edit: And putting the seal on the flag is weak poo poo. Looking at you, all the other lazy-rear end states that did it already.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Current Event: Facebook has removed the dog buttholes post background after merely one glorious week and I've never hated the zuck more

Uh...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

TCD posted:

Didn't tencent have a stake in Topgun 2?

Sure did. That's why the Taiwanese flag from some 1960s cruise patch was deleted from Maverick's jacket.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

If only someone wrote about this, perhaps proposed a new economic system. How well, dead money is gonna choke the system to death

There are only two diametrically opposed options and both are poo poo. We can do nothing but pick one or the other.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Madurai posted:

The one where they listen to Dolly Parton's "Jolene" is also pretty choice.

This has been one of the things I've been watching on youtube lately...people reacting to music/movies I like, who claim to have never heard/seen them. It's a nice time waster. I've gotten a kick out of these guys a couple of times, but hadn't seen the Phil Collins video.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hekk posted:

So I will readily acknowledge that a couple of young black kids have probably never heard any Phil Collins or Genesis before. However, at the risk of being an curmudgeon, I can’t stand people pretending to “react” to things for YouTube views, which is what most of the videos in the category are.

There's definitely a bunch of trash out there.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

BigDave posted:

yes but it's owned by a tech billionaire sociopath with a God complex, and is designed to absorb your bodily fluids to mine bitcoins.

Kanye isn't a techbro.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Well why not.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

KirbyKhan posted:

I don't give a gently caress. I went to deid in 2012 and passed along micaps to SW Asia for 6 god damned years. I walked in hallways that had his smug grin right next to Obama's. It was 4 years after his promise to pull everyone out and he plays a gotcha where it's just Iraq and just in time for Christmas. So my fuckin seats get bumped for that lovely PR move and WE ARE STILL THERE. Nah dude, this poo poo is primal. No joke I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR JOE BIDEN.

I was at the CAOC for that stunt and got reamed over the phone by a 1-star pilot who forgot how airplanes and crews work.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

My hot take is that while I worked mad hours there, Deid was probably the best location in CENTCOM I've been to save maybe ADAB, and also there has been a massive buildup of forces in CC lately in every place that is not Iraq/Afghanistan. Maybe an isolationist-mode support of the current president pays off and people never go back to AUAB, but boy I've got doubts!

I deployed to loving Curacao and I'll say that AUAB and ADAB were better in most ways.

Edit: I went drinking with friends and almost missed my rotator out of the deid because (before drinking) I read the bus schedule wrong.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Curacao is awful though

It felt like it was really nice about 30 years ago. Then nobody fixed or cleaned anything afterwards.

Fortunately the lovely hotel we stayed it has been razed. RIP to the Denny's there, though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Haven't been, but I can kind of see myself being the type to like such a weird place because 1: pretty chill just hanging out by myself with podcasts and 2: There is almost nothing better than stepping into the ocean and then swimming/floating around for hours. My friends have made it clear that if they find out I die one day while swimming or kayaking in the ocean, their response will be "figures."

There's no reason to go there. Half the island is privately owned, and half of what's left is the kind of place you shouldn't go after dark. The remainder is overpriced, even for the Caribbean. The diving isn't even that great most of the time.

Everything good about Curacao is better and probably cheaper elsewhere.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

E: nm

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't know what the proud boys are saying but whatever it is deserves throwing hands.

Nazi punks gently caress off

Whose streets? Our streets!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy poo poo, dude looks rough :stare:

He's not crammed into a suit and his makeup is running.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Feely is a retired NFL kicker.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

stealie72 posted:

Edit: realized I wasn't clear. All he is running on is fear since there is NOTHING positive going on in his administration, so another riot would probably be good for him. Maybe.

There's an excellent chance that's enough.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

My god, Phoenix really is a monument to man's arrogance, its projected high temperatures all week are between 113F and 115F (about 46C for people who don't use the King's measurements)

Why doesn't the US move to metric and SI units for fucks sake.

Same here. I just spent fifteen minutes outside and I want to take a nap.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's like a parody casting of The Addams Family.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think it's New York City

NEW YORK CITY!?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

20 Blunts posted:

my uncle was in a special force and his best quote was "i have no idea how we're a superior fighting force"

You don't have to be good, the other side just has to be worse somehow.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I can link a way to manufacture LSD in bulk but I wouldn't attempt it unless your a chem major

I saw that show, it didn't end well.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

ded posted:

pook isn't wrong

Now for a feelgood :
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1296501045498183683?s=20

This is the yacht that bannon was arrested on

That yacht is loving sick and I would totally sell out to have it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You can be my chief engineer, you're just not allowed to actually touch anything.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

EBB posted:

Sun was dimmed out a lot today

This is our new tactic to combat climate change.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

PeterCat posted:

I literally copy and pasted Joe Biden's plan from his website.

But thank you for making my point that no one is going to read that mass of poo poo you just posted vs 5 bullet points

I absolutely LOVE that we're having the exact same discussions we had in 2016, because the Democrats have the learning ability of honeybees.

It's absurd to me that the Dems continue to fail in stupid and preventable ways. You know how you compete with Trump's easy-to-read bullet list? You allot another $5 a month for bandwidth on your website and make your own loving bullet list where each bullet is a link to an in-depth explanation. You plaster it all over social media. You get the loving Lincoln Project to push it. drat near every dumbfuck advantage he has can be negated or at least challenged, but the national Democrats have no idea how to interact with "normal" people and it's going to bite them and us in the rear end again.

facialimpediment posted:

Actually, it's on the Biden Website! When PeterCat dumped the whole site's text, it stripped all the bullet points and bolding. It's actually pretty easy to read and full of bullets! The bullets are just followed by things like words and ideas.

An example of many: https://joebiden.com/clean-energy/

Here's the problem: Trump's information fits in a tweet. To get to Joe's, I have to scroll halfway down the homepage, then scroll horizontally to see if there's an issue I'm interested in, click to that page and scroll halfway down to get to his bullet statements (which are paragraphs, not simple one-liners). If I actually want to commit 10 minutes to reading about an issue, ok. But if I'm like 90% of this country and I have the attention span of a goldfish, forget it.

The details need to be there, absolutely. But there needs to be something to grab people, to get their attention. If I'm reading Biden's detailed explanation of position, it's because I'm probably already leaning his direction. He needs to ATTRACT people, too.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'd kill to go just about anywhere. The rare times I drive now I stare out the window like a dog

Day 12 of quarantine. At least four more.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 24, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

more convincingly, had a valid @dhs.gov email all the way up until he got caught

That's actually the craziest thing IMO.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol:

:commissar:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CainFortea posted:

Hell, i've seen a tweet of an undoctored video and the guy said "this guy is throwing an explosive device".

My googlefu is failing me in my old age, I can't find anything except the flaming thing video.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Handsome Ralph posted:

I realize most people here don't like Obama. That's fine and you're not wrong for disliking him for the reasons that get brought up here from time to time, but you're really dumb if you think Obama is PNG'd in the black community because the DSA doesn't like him. Hell even outside the black community, he is still insanely popular. It shouldn't really shock anyone that some people still look to him for any sort of guidance despite how anyone here might feel about him.

Look at our other surviving elder statesmen. Obama's the best option in this situation.

Edit: :stare: goddamn

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Not a huge fan of the USSR imagery used in it. Seems like trading one terrible thing for something equally bad.

Same. Not worth answering questions about for work, either.