Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nice and hot piss posted:

My rack mate in OCS was 100% a loving anti-vaxxer and his uncle was a massive Qanon believer, talking about how vaccines were made with undead baby fetuses.

I went from being in a bay with 60 candidates and four sergeant instructors to eating at some lovely chain resturant in Dumfries hearing about how Hillary has a lesbian love afair and murder fetish of young children, along with how vaccines are actually causing autism and controlling the population to vote democrat.

he of course was a hardcore evangelical and thought that god needed more of a place in the marines, and that I was doing a disservice to the corps by not being religious.

People like that loving scare me. Brainwashed believers who want to spread their crazy to everyone else or kill them instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

ASAPI posted:

With the "Payroll Tax Holiday" the administration is talking up, how will we pay for social security? Isn't the program basically bankrupt? Congress isn't capable of passing funding for what is happening now.

What's the over/under on elderly/disabled people missing a social security payement?

Also from my understanding it's not a tax holiday for the individual, but their employer. So like someone in the discord said, it's employees giving their employers an interest free loan (since it has to be paid back when the holiday is over).

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Thousands of groups, millions of members.

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1292916989334364166?s=19

That's a lot of internet poisoning.

Didn't QAnon get started as some bullshit 4chan scam?

Also,

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1292843239557537792?s=19

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Hekk posted:

So I will readily acknowledge that a couple of young black kids have probably never heard any Phil Collins or Genesis before. However, at the risk of being an curmudgeon, I can’t stand people pretending to “react” to things for YouTube views, which is what most of the videos in the category are.

I got a huge kick out of watching those React videos of a group of kids playing The Last of Us 1 for the first time and seeing the bit where Joel's daughter dies in the first ten minutes.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

I don't give a gently caress. I went to deid in 2012 and passed along micaps to SW Asia for 6 god damned years. I walked in hallways that had his smug grin right next to Obama's. It was 4 years after his promise to pull everyone out and he plays a gotcha where it's just Iraq and just in time for Christmas. So my fuckin seats get bumped for that lovely PR move and WE ARE STILL THERE. Nah dude, this poo poo is primal. No joke I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR JOE BIDEN.

What the gently caress are you saying, you were in Al Udeid for six years because of Joe Biden?

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 13, 2020

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

My hot take is that while I worked mad hours there, Deid was probably the best location in CENTCOM I've been to save maybe ADAB, and also there has been a massive buildup of forces in CC lately in every place that is not Iraq/Afghanistan. Maybe an isolationist-mode support of the current president pays off and people never go back to AUAB, but boy I've got doubts!

The deid was a godamn vacation spot.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

And yet a large contingent of voters agree with both things.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Dolly Parton is a national godamn treasure.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Knives Amilli posted:

Does....does the Trump administration realize that the Space Force mission isn't a terraforming one, but about satellite superiority ????

"expose Washington's money trail"

Hypocrites

"drain the globalist swamp"

Nazis

"continue to have the cleanest water and air"

HYPOCRITE LIAR NAZIS gently caress YOU ALL

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Syrian Lannister posted:

What also is or isn't being reported, depending on where you get your news from:

Guy who was domed, was throwing molotov's, which is why his red t-shirt is on his head and covering his face.

Guy who took one to the chest hit the kid in the head with a skateboard

Guy hit in the arm is seen holding a pistol.

Not trying to start stuff with you guys, just what I'm getting from co-workers.

Molotov video is fake, that kid did not get hit in the head with a skateboard he has no loving injuries, and just lol

Your coworkers are idiots but that's the loving media narrative from fox so everyone who watches it will think he's a hero

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tweets are not formatting properly for anyone else?

Same

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

CainFortea posted:

It was a thread on SA from this morning. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Lol, I found it but the tweet has been deleted and retweeted with the edited video.

So wait is the only version that's out in the world now the right wing aftereffects edited cut?

Also feds are already doing the "unmarked van squad arrests" in Kenosha.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

For me, this event was the death knell of the America I grew up in, that I thought it was. Some of the following might come off callous, and I don't mean it to- I'm just old and tired.

Beyond the 'normal' Officer shooting/protests/riots
A kid dropped by his Mom to join a militia with an AR15 at a place she had a reasonable belief he would be in danger. If not, why give him a god drat rifle? Then this idiot loving kid became a scared idiot kid. Then it just went full blown 2020 America. It's just so loving sad. I also can't help but feel this might be the tipping point. Like, it's ok now. This is going to embolden assholes, and escalate the rioters. Just gently caress.

His mom was apparently there.

Edit: further searching showed the tweet posted was incorrect and so I removed it.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 28, 2020

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm afraid things are gonna boil over. It's only a matter of time before these psychos open fire into a crowd.

This kind of poo poo legit terrifies me. And the stuff with the cops arresting people for bringing supplies to protesters is serious "mask-off" type poo poo. At this point I think the divide in this country is too deep and too vast to be fixed.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/sta...ingawful.com%2F

He has literally labeled protesters terrorists, so I think "calling on his people to not be a militia" is like asking the sun not to be quite so hot in summer.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Whoa slow down there with that corrolation. Don't forget 3 years ago the noble class was all about Trump.

Speaking of nobles:

https://twitter.com/PaulSzoldra/status/1300460657800744960?s=20

(thanks MonkeyWash)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

"thugs"