Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What happens if you opt out? Do you get any compensation for the year? If you had four years left on your contract will you have 3 or 4 years in the season starting 2021? How does it affect the salary cap if a team really needs to fill in a hole in a position a player who opted out was gonna be in?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

"Thank you all for meeting me in person, in this small humid room, I have a highly contagious disease."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Wasn't the Shockey gif from the game against the Hawks where the Giants had like 11 false starts and still almost won except for their kicker honking 2 game-winning attempts?

Almost only count in horseshoes and H bombs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

latinotwink1997 posted:

Is the new thing going to be coughing on people in the pile?

After that Stafford blow up I think the new thing is going to be bribing lab technicians to give starters a false positive.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s always that and “THE TROOPS HAVE IT HARDER”

Wouldn't be surprised if they started saying "ARE COPS" instead of "ARE TROOPS"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

That crowd has been doing pretty much that for the last couple of months

Aside from babysitting in high school I think every job I've ever had was statistically more dangerous than being a cop.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mega64 posted:

How many teams could the opt-outs beat if they made their own team?

I know none of the starter QBs have opted out, have any backups?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm betting Dunbar is a snitch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Absolutely makes sense, amazing how the NCAA and players couldn't agree such that both would still get their payche--ohh, right

No he's actually right, everyone who in normal circumstances would be playing college ball on a scholarship should be given the opportunity to sit out the season and collect a $150,000 to $300,000 check and not lose scholarship eligibility for the 2021-2022 school year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Captain Dickweed posted:

I'd root for the Toronto Bills if they still played outdoors.

What would even be the point of having an NFL team in Canada if they didn't force Florida teams to play in abysmal weather?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Intruder posted:

If the Pats get back to the Superbowl and they face the Buccs, who does TFF root for?

Al-Qaeda.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Watching the Patriots bandwagon fanbase slowly (quickly) fall apart when they come back to earth will be really funny.

I really wish a Bradyless Patriots season was happening when everything else about Football would be basically normal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Would this show be interesting if I didn't really give a poo poo about the chargers and basically had no preconceived notions about the players?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That's a lot of money to lose to the AFC in the superbowl

LOL

There's not going to be a Superbowl.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Well in theory there will be another one at some point

It's just more Aaron Rodgers might be gay but who knows stuff

Pretend I made a comment about his beard that applies equally to his facial hair and Danica Patrick.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

I thought those losers tried to sell their stake

Imagine being cool with Snyder this long and making a fuss of it now

I'm guessing they couldn't find anyone else who wanted to be business partners with Dan Snyder.

Like, would you?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I am not a big Pat fan but I like his Belichic impression.

https://youtu.be/PmJvzK-voy8

It's so loving weird that the Patriots are going from Tom Brady to Cam Newton, just personality wise.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That's sweet, though I kinda hate the implication a loving STEM degree will solve everyone's problems.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Id absolutely take 30k for free and get my job back next year

It's only gonna be the refs who depend on their six figure incomes to pay for their gambling addictions who still show up to games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

aren't almost all the refs professional lawyers or some poo poo like that

It was a joke about them fixing games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It would be a funny thing if Washington Football Team immediately became a contender after ditching the racist slur name.

Probably need to fire a couple more creepy dudes in their front office and get a new owner if it's actually been some sort of karma or cosmic justice or whatever that's been holding them back.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

News
https://twitter.com/KTBS/status/1294516434484121600?s=19

Views
https://twitter.com/KillerJoe/status/1294852838531751938?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

What QB is the best at sex? I mean aside from Philip Rivers.

I posit Alex Smith got the dick that won't quit.

Russell Wilson.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

kiimo posted:

Also allowing suspensions for weed to be enforced after you made it okay is hilarious

Wait, he was suspended for weed, but weed is no longer on the banned substance list so future players won't be suspended for it, but they're still enforcing his suspension?

NFL really is a microcosm of America.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh god, I just read the circumstances of Breeland's arrest and it's such penny-ante bullshit.

And he was probably close to being another name getting chanted at BLM marches.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

:effort:
Can you imagine if we were quarterbacked by, like...a Kirk Cousins type? Our team would have the personality of beige.

It's probably just a placeholder until they can sell the naming rights. Century Link Field was called Seahawks Stadium for the first couple years.

How many pro sports stadiums have a name that isn't paid for by some corporate sponsor?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dr_Strangelove posted:

So the Chiefs announced restrictions on Native American imagery and costuming at Arrowhead, and hoo doggies are there some buttmad whities out on the social media...

You have to change the name or embrace the racism. Especially since they can no longer point at The Washington Football Team and say "At least we aren't as bad as those assholes."

No one upset at the Chiefs for racism is gonna say "oh it's okay now that they aren't wearing head dresses."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Koo got himself at least 5 more years in the league with the like 3 successful onside kicks in one game last year

Is he just lucky is there actually a skill to onside kicks?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1297612906079506433

For those keeping track at home, the 49ers have drafted four wide receivers in the first three rounds in the last 3 drafts

2020 - Brandon Aiyuk (Hamstring)
2019 - Deebo Samuel (Foot), Jalen Hurd (ACL)
2018 - Dante Pettis (sadboi brain)

Niners are gonna line up Kendrick Bourne, JJ Nelson and Tavon Austin week one lfg

I appreciate the thinking behind building a stadium that actively injures other football teams for an advantage, but did no one realize they'd have to play on it more than anyone else?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I thought Sports Illustrated fired all their writers and were going use like local bloggers for coverage or something?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

what... the gently caress? Go The Packers? What is happening.

It's a decent statement, especially since it avoids using language that hides the police's culpability, but doesn't actually call for anything beyond "meaningful dialog."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hizawk posted:

Oddly enough, not practicing Patricia's dogshit defense likely improves the defense overall.

Also, this owns.

More football should be cancelled for this.

It'll be hilarious once the first white player kneels for the anthem.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think "hands off" would be a welcome change for the cheerleaders.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Defund The Police is the compromise position.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Are we sure that breaking unions is the way to counter cops? Unions are generally a good thing...

I think he specifically means cop's unions, which absolutely need to be abolished.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gonz posted:

Imaging thinking that the Democrats are going to bust police unions after decades of building them up to be all-powerful, well-paid, omnipotent and unaccountable.

I don't trust the Democrats to do poo poo, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. That's why the police themselves should be eliminated and a new thing should be put in place, if there's no police there's no police union.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

This, and there's a whole lot of poo poo going on right now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Browns still plan to practice but whatever this means is happening

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1298969228565979136?s=20

The Cleveland Indians are demanding action on racial injustice in America? I can think if one action they could take that does not require any cooperation with police or politicians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I think I had every version of Madden on 360, and I got a bunch of them on their release dates :homebrew:

At this point, barring some crazy update to franchise mode that I’d be interested in, I get it like every 3-4 years just got the updated uniforms and whatnot. I’m also pretty sure the last ones I got (17 and 20) I got off Amazon around Black Friday for like half price.

I’ve gotten more out of Retro Bowl and modded Tecmo roms.

Yeah, if I really wanted a football game right now I'd probably just emulate whatever the last NFL 2k game was and download an updated roster.