Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes: It’s no Antonio Clown, but it’s very solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

OxySnake posted:

I cannot stress enough how much these chargers uniforms rule.

:hellyeah:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers currently have no injuries and no one has opted out.

So maybe!

Leave it to the Chargers to be the healthiest team during a pandemic that will cancel the season.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Its Rinaldo posted:

If the Jags kill Minshew a thousand years of Coug curses will rain down upon Jacksonville

Would this make the Jags better or worse?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
“You want Covie Covie?”

Pederson pauses for a moment, “Yeah, let’s do it.”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Imagine Todd Haley in Dallas.

Imagine it.

Him and Jerry enjoy some of the same things

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Well that's gonna be annoying as gently caress.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
If I skimmed their article correctly, and based on playing a little with the hockey reference site that went to the pay system a few days ago, viewing stats for individual players, teams, specific years, and the all time leaders will still be free and searchable. What it seems you can’t do anymore is poo poo like “Find every game where a QB between ages 31-35 threw between 300 and 350 yards with 3+ passing TD, INT </= 1 and over 25 completions in an outdoor game played on a Monday” without paying. So, finding some stats or making comparisons for free might take a more circuitous route or require going back and forth between tabs, but for general stuff, it should still be okay.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nah it's still "Snap the loving ball Brodie! Do you hear me? Snap the loving ball!"

alternatively, the one where Philip is yelling at Norv to punt the ball and then looks away ultra concerned.

OxySnake posted:

An all time great. Haley in KC was magical for the gifs. Not so much the team.

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hockles posted:

My favorite classic ones are:

PuntDivot.gif
ShockeyGloatShocked.gif

Dunno where to find them anymore.

Got ya.

Also, here's one of the all timers:

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 3, 2020

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Manoueverable posted:

Wasn't the Shockey gif from the game against the Hawks where the Giants had like 11 false starts and still almost won except for their kicker honking 2 game-winning attempts?

I'm like 99% sure it is. The patch on the jersey is from 2005, the same year as that game. Jay Feely missed one at the end of regulation and two more in OT before Seattle finally won it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
He’ll be an amazing addition for 6 non-consecutive quarters of action before getting carted off.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

shirts and skins posted:

Can confirm, it was this game. IIRC it was that game that led to the league putting radios in QB helmets, because a number of the false starts were because the offense couldn't hear the play calls from the sidelines.

Nope, the helmet radio was introduced for quarterbacks in 1994, although I don’t think defenders got it till a few years later.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1290382306918662151?s=19

Man seeing Josh Allen play definitely instills me with hope

“If he can keep his job while being this terrible, imagine what I can do!”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SirPablo posted:

Who the gently caress is going to want to play when their team is 2-8 and the virus is raging across the country?

Mitch Trubisky

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I eagerly await them trying to punish players for talking on the field or exchanging jerseys after a game where they spent 3 hours in close contact with literally dozens of other people on their team and their opponents.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
gently caress Jack Del Rio

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
If I was the family member of a player on the Lions, I’d be negative too.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

"listen up threes, a one is speaking!"

The Ravens team facility in 6 days:

https://youtu.be/FnAJqSo0594

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Number helmets are always bad.

:frogout:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is the NFL really still pretending that there is still going to be some crowds at these games? Really?

They think that those little shields they’re gonna add to face masks and preventing players from post game hand shakes and jersey swaps is gonna prevent the spread.

The NFL is loving stupid.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

The more I think about it, the more I bet the luxury boxes will be populated.

poo poo, that idea hadn’t crossed my mind at all. Owners will totally try and do that poo poo wherever possible, and if they show it on TV, they’ll have 30 people crammed in each one without a mask anywhere...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

A.o.D. posted:

Wouldn't that be a net positive?

Probably, yeah.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

It's a sports manzier

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

what the gently caress man

:nms: that poo poo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

real post: the bras are stuff from this company

https://www.catapultsports.com/

it's wearable sports tech stuff, probably GPS, measuring vitals, etc.

Nah, it’s just part of Brady’s TB12 cult stuff.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

I love the preseason. I can't believe we have already missed all of the stories about the shape of the players relative to other points of their lives.

All the snapped ACL’s gettin’ replaces by opt outs now and later, positive COVID tests.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Sono posted:

The monkey's paw curls, and the CDC announces that the virus has mutated and is now making ankles explode.

So, is the way to stop COVID to have it get drafted by the Lions?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Grandma Cam needs a nap after watching the Showcase Showdown.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Put in Coryell

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Eifert Posting posted:

As a bengals fan I've seen some pretty awful tackle play. The rankings might change based on my mood but the 3 worst tackles I've ever seen play are Marshall Newhouse, Ced Ogbuehi and Bobby Hart.

Right now I would give Bobby Hart the edge because hes apparently a Corona truther and I'm half expecting him to infect half the roster.

Apparently the patriots are thinking Newhouse will start for them, rip Cam.

The Giants has both Hart and Newhouse on their line on 2015 and people wondered why Eli was trying to throw a one-step slant every other play.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and they started Ereck Flowers at left tackle for 15 games that year too! :suicide:

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 7, 2020

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

Cleveland Browns legends Drew Forbes, Drake Dorbeck, Colby Gossett, Andrew Billings and Malcolm Bridgeon, of course

You could have told me all those guys were on the Hydra of QB’s since 1999 and I’d have had to think about it for a moment.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
gently caress Guice, but also, continue to gently caress Dan Snyder.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Behavior unbecoming of an officer of his rank

Time to replace him with Major Wright.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The league needs more massive, pure blocking tight ends like Howard Cross or Brandon Manumaleuna were. Those guys own.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

OxySnake posted:

You should learn the tale of Jimmy Kleinsasser the large.

Kleinsasser is in that same category, yeah. On the other hand, Manumaleuna was listed at like 295 and I’m pretty sure he played heavier than that.

Massive blocking tight ends and fullbacks need to make a comeback.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
poo poo, we all forget Jeff Fisher day was almost a month ago...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

zimbomonkey posted:

So in a few years will Cowboys day be 8/9 or 9/8?

8-8-1. They’re gonna tie someone else in the NFC East every year because clownball.

Samadhi posted:

Aaron Rodgers definitely knows how to drain a fleshy tube filled with blood

:golfclap:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Another finger on the monkey paw curls and they bring back retired refs. Whose ready for the triumphant return of such favorites as Jeff Triplette and Ron Winter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

JT Jag posted:

God I hope we get another "DEAR ED "GUNS" HOCHULI" thread in the year of our lord 2020

The Expendables, but it’s all NFL officials from the 2000’s that I can still loving name. Guns Hochuli and his son getting into lengthy announcement wars with Gene Steratore! Mike Carey! Walt “Tuck Rule” Coleman! Al Riveron coming back from the league office! Bill “Super Bowl XL” Leavy! Terry McAulay!

Actually a few of those guys were pretty good, but still, the NFL is stupid and if enough of the normal officials right now back out, it’ll be stupid as hell. You know somehow the Saints will lose a game because they got the one replacement ref who doesn’t understand some rule (Let’s say... roughing the kicker!) and we’ll never hear the end of it.