Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!
I remember AI being created, and how obnoxious car threads in GBS were before that. Also the time they deleted AI and we flooded GBS with car threads in protest. I had a screenshot years ago of the GBS page 1 and half the threads were SHOULD I ADD A CAI TO MY CAVALIER and poo poo like that. Funny as hell. I think AI was recreated the morning after that? :lol: This forum was pretty fun, and maybe 5 years or so in the mid 2000's were pretty straight up fantastic. Some hilarious poo poo was posted by some pretty funny people. I worked nights back then and would drink and talk poo poo with these virtual strangers at 3am after work for hours many nights a week laughing my rear end off. Some of the funniest threads came about because of drunk/high/bored people talking poo poo trying to make each other laugh and later coordinated irc thread invasions. We had what at the time we thought was the worst mod ever back then but him and the other two were mostly AFK so you could post pretty much whatever and get away with it for the most part. The highlights were always Syfon threads and the shitfests they always, always turned into. When you visited ai and saw a new thread with him as the OP you knew clicking it would result in plenty of laughs. Also that was the lol2fast2furious/driftuuuu era so those type posts popped up almost daily and got trolled to poo poo. Good times.

Things started to change later when we got moderation that was much more strict and the regulars were not allowed to troll stupid posts/posters/gbs refugees and held to a stricter standard. It cleaned the forum up quite a bit but changed the character pretty fast. A lot of us caught bans for whatever and just kind of moved on. Looking around now there's a lot of new and unfamiliar names but the informative content seems pretty good! A lot of names that are familiar are people who got trolled a lot back then but stuck around too, surprisingly. Some of the funniest people are just gone and disappeared.

The night time shitposting crew were guys like TREVOR (holy poo poo he was hilarious, still on my email acquaintance list, the fruity Dutch bastard), Ravyn one of the funniest guys in irc, trouserchili, Interceptor, Paulboz, stankchz, kill-9, dorquemada, gdogg, var1ant, proradium, redscare, zg, vertigo, and I'm sure a lot of people who's names I have forgotten as they changed their fuckin handles a bunch of times and it slipped away from me. Who was the army guy in Maine? I can't remember his name for some reason!

Some of the legit informative posters were guys like fleetwood (nice to see him mentioned!), phil, lobsterboy, djcommie, redscare and zg (when they weren't on IRC :v: ) and my favorite 'new poster' back then was Leica I think? I remember he had a camera for a name and always posted good poo poo. Probably forgetting a lot of people and threads. You know...drinking and memory retention and all that.

I really should buy a archive account, would be funny to read through that. I made an account in 2000 which got banned then this one. I made it ban free (!) until like 2009 then went away with the other dinosaurs for a long time. I bought this rereg on a whim so this is the only $10 bucks old lowtax got from me besides a few red titles I bought for people in all these years. I have an entire disc burned of AI images and threads from way the gently caress back, but I am not sure where it is now. If I run across it I will be sure to post some stuff.

You Am I posted:

who was the goon who kept on doing lovely photos of cars, like taking a photo of one of the front headlights? He supposedly had parents that were loaded, and him and his brother had a huge drama thread here.

Stop it you aussie turd you knew exactly who that was don't act like you didn't. :v: Literally the golden age of this forum due to him, even if unintentionally. Countless, countless hilarious threads, derails, trolling, and drama. And you forgot? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU AT ALL. P.S. that cordoba of yours will always be ugly af and I still remember it! :frog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!

MrKatharsis posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hahaha I remember this!

Dweezil was highly entertaining. gently caress the haters.

quote:

LeTronFu

The gif of that was everywhere for awhile. Another hilarious guy lost too soon. :frog:

Kurten
May 28, 2001

aventari posted:

Dweezil was hilarious, him and Le Tron Fu would routinely crack me up . I think they got tired of being banned for being funny and left. Don't blame them.

I think both got permabanned and run off, not left voluntarily. Douchebag Smiles was the one who posted a hilarious ban me thread that got deleted due to butthurt.