Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

cool kids inc. posted:

Had absolutely monstrous cramps this go round and now a constant throb with the occasional sharp twang that makes me concerned about either cysts (which I've not had before and makes this a difficult call) or ovarian torsion.

My PCP didn't seem all that concerned but the pain hasn't stopped entirely in like a week now and the lab results aren't back yet from blood draw (likely won't be until Tuesday). Not showing signs of infection (no fever or inflammation), but sure as poo poo hurt like a son of a bitch and muscle relaxers/ibuprofen aren't doing poo poo for it.

I'm not 100% sure it's ovarian in nature, but the location tracks and I haven't been able to sleep properly in days because of this. And I'm getting older so it's entirely possible my reproductive clockwork of a system is just finally starting to wind down and is punishing me for existing.

Either way, I'm afraid and in pain and waiting for results just loving sucks. Especially because I went in Thursday after a week of trying to deal with this on my own to no success. I wish she took me a little more seriously at first. Her tune changed a lot when I said I didn't want or respond well to opiates and when I started sobbing in pain and couldn't sit correctly.

Still not enough to contact me as promised, but hey now I have muscle relaxers that do nothing for the pain and no idea what's causing it aside from 'likely not uti'.

Hi if you haven't been able to sleep that in and of itself is Very Bad. I don't know where you're located, but if you're having to drive at all it's on par with driving impaired. If you go to an urgent care or ER and tell them what you've told us, at the very least you'll get an ultrasound that should rule out torsion. The health care system does not care about women by default. Emphasize the not being able to sleep and that you've already seen your PCP.

Please keep us posted :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

cool kids inc. posted:

Had absolutely monstrous cramps this go round and now a constant throb with the occasional sharp twang that makes me concerned about either cysts (which I've not had before and makes this a difficult call) or ovarian torsion.

My PCP didn't seem all that concerned but the pain hasn't stopped entirely in like a week now and the lab results aren't back yet from blood draw (likely won't be until Tuesday). Not showing signs of infection (no fever or inflammation), but sure as poo poo hurt like a son of a bitch and muscle relaxers/ibuprofen aren't doing poo poo for it.

I'm not 100% sure it's ovarian in nature, but the location tracks and I haven't been able to sleep properly in days because of this. And I'm getting older so it's entirely possible my reproductive clockwork of a system is just finally starting to wind down and is punishing me for existing.

Either way, I'm afraid and in pain and waiting for results just loving sucks. Especially because I went in Thursday after a week of trying to deal with this on my own to no success. I wish she took me a little more seriously at first. Her tune changed a lot when I said I didn't want or respond well to opiates and when I started sobbing in pain and couldn't sit correctly.

Still not enough to contact me as promised, but hey now I have muscle relaxers that do nothing for the pain and no idea what's causing it aside from 'likely not uti'.

Ah mate I'm sorry that sounds horrendous. I don't know what your relationship with your GP is like but try asking for something more targeted to nerve pain, like amitriptyline. Please note I work in a pharmacy, I am not a doctor, so don't take my word for it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

These stupid hormones are really messing with my hypermobility issues today, I'm in so much pain everywhere. Being conscious is overrated.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm having one of those fun days where my body decided all that water it's retaining isn't actually necessary, so I lost count of the number of times I've peed today somewhere in the late teens and that was four hours ago.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
I just realized it’s been almost a year to the day that l had my hysterectomy and salpingectomy. Dang, time flies.

I’d celebrate more if I wasn’t laid out with screaming back pain and sciatica but at least it’s not cramps?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Now you don't have to get cramps while your nerves try to murder you!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I guess having my period just set my rejection sensitivity up to 11, because I can't stop crying over my dad wanting my sister to cook for his birthday instead of me. Less work and cost, but I gotta go lie down and sob for a while, thanks.

Plus the cramps already started

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
The trend definitely seems to point to 2 day periods being my new "normal". Absolute hell horrendous cramps that woke me up like 2am yesterday and made sleep impossible after, zero-to-100 super heavy all day, massive clot... followed by a super mild today, that tapered down to uhhh I'm pretty sure it's over now? Two years ago I'd never dare assume it was over that quickly. I didn't used to pass basically cuts of meat though, either. orz

Add +1 for Team WTF This Was Supposed to Be Regular By Now
I keep bugging my older relatives for the family average for when this nightmare tapers off, but literally all of the ended it early one way or another, so who knows lol!

Also, I synced with our puppy, who missed her spay appointment last year. I didn't know dogs menstruated! She is as visibly annoyed as I am, but lucky lil poo poo is getting fixed next month, so it's the only one she'll have to deal with.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Cowslips Warren posted:

anyone else remember getting sex ed and learning about periods and wondering what dudes had to deal with that would make this bleeding uncontrollably for the next 50 years fair?

there is nothing?

no, body hair doesn't count, we get that too and have to remove it.

no, random hard-ons don't count unless they last for a week and come with cramping.

Goddamn you nature, what the gently caress, where is the equality! If it sucks for us, it should suck for them too!

Side note: I really really wish they had covered masturbation in sex ed. I think a lot of my issues would have evaded my grandmother's hosed up sex ed comments if I knew I could take care of poo poo myself and never ever needed a man.

Dudes are menstruating 24/7/365 but it's sperm in balls. That's where all that aggression comes from, no normal life, only hormone heads.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Boss makes a dollar
While I make a dime
So I'm making GBS threads and bleeding
On company time

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I'm older and didn't have a period for almost a year but now they've started back up with a vengeance. A heavy period every 2 weeks for the last 2 months! I thought I was free.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

If you are passing cuts of meat please get an ultrasound. That’s how I learned about all kinds of fun growths that were using all my iron and blood. Yeeting almost the whole works was the best decision of my life and it’s a shame I didn’t do it sooner (thanks lovely healthcare system)

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

If you are passing cuts of meat please get an ultrasound. That’s how I learned about all kinds of fun growths that were using all my iron and blood. Yeeting almost the whole works was the best decision of my life and it’s a shame I didn’t do it sooner (thanks lovely healthcare system)

Thanks for the reminder. It's not that big yet, but probably should discuss the clots with the new gyno.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
I think my uterus has caught up to being off the birth control and is now back to being awful in the lead up to the period. Super long wind up, like a week+ of spotting and cramps, and I am just miserable
MAKE UP YOUR MIND - EITHER START OR gently caress OFF

Edit: started the same night I posted this, so complaining works!

Pomme de Terror fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 1, 2024

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I have run out of my CBD oil prescription just as I get premenstrual fuckery. The time I need it most and anyway long story short I had a rage at the kids for their poo poo all over the floor and cried for a while and now I’m hiding from them trying to read a book.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

femcastra posted:

I have run out of my CBD oil prescription just as I get premenstrual fuckery. The time I need it most and anyway long story short I had a rage at the kids for their poo poo all over the floor and cried for a while and now I’m hiding from them trying to read a book.

Ah mate you'll be okay <3

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
Up until the last 3-4 years my periods were always moderately heavy and about 5 days long. Now, though, they only last one day, two maximum, and are extremely light, maybe 1 tsp per day tops. And the cramps are either non-existent or excruciating. I take naproxen when they're bad and this time it plus a heating pad is not even covering all the pain. I'm also now experiencing a ton of bloating the week before, and a lot of afternoon exhaustion... And occasionally feeling overheated and sweaty mid cycle, which I'm realizing now are maybe are hot flashes? Could I be in early perimenopause? I'm 35 and started my period age 9...

I had a transvag ultrasound last year which was normal. Not sure what the next steps might be.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I was hoping to get some clarity on an issue I have been having that I cannot get a straight answer on doing online research -

So I been on the pill for six months now - three weeks on, one week off. The reason was to control PMDD which IUDs do not do. So the PMDD is under control, but once a month or so around the same time I get the same twitchy sensations in my ovaries around the same time I get sad/mad (although just a little bit).

Is this normal? Does it mean the birth control part isn't working? I know I am not supposed to ovulate on the pill but can you have like, phantom ovulation?

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I thought you still ovulate, but the egg gets yeeted and/or can't stick to anything? It's birth control not ovulation control. Edit to add: that's if you use the pill the way you've described, with the break period. It's possible to chain pill and not ovulate but that might not suit your situation.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Stoca Zola posted:

I thought you still ovulate, but the egg gets yeeted and/or can't stick to anything? It's birth control not ovulation control. Edit to add: that's if you use the pill the way you've described, with the break period. It's possible to chain pill and not ovulate but that might not suit your situation.

Everything I read online was like "well you shouldn't be ovulating so there's something wrong" but this just illustrates the lack of uniform information about our uteruses.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Definitely the stupidest cramps are the ones that feel like someone put a bag clip on your vulva

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

Definitely the stupidest cramps are the ones that feel like someone put a bag clip on your vulva

I feel seen

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I feel like my left ovary is trying to rip itself apart. It seems too early in the cycle to start with anything though, but also since I've only been off BC for a short while, things could happen at anytime? Hopefully. Because anything else causing that pain would probably be much worse.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Dudes are menstruating 24/7/365 but it's sperm in balls. That's where all that aggression comes from, no normal life, only hormone heads.

I remember a dude in high school, I'm sure everyone has met a guy like this as well, that was convinced girls got off on putting tampons in. So none of us should complain about having a period, because we got to masturbate in public and wasn't that really the high envy of every teenage boy everywhere.

Not sure if I posted this yet, but I'm very glad I swapped over to the cloth pads, they're just so much easier on the body. But I was incredibly stupid when I got them because I thought the patterned side was what faced up. I mean, if you're going to look down and see how bad your flow is, it makes sense that it's going to be on the floral pattern or the giraffe pattern and not on the black soft back. Thankfully I did not have too many accidents, all I could think was man these pads aren't absorbing very much!

I also really don't have any kind of appetite during this week, but I had some teriyaki pork egg fried rice and decided just to plow through and eat the whole thing. Seeing is that was a container of brown rice, I'm probably going to have some very interesting bathroom trips later today.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

A week early again! Knock it the gently caress off!!!

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Woken up at 6:30 by cramps :( and the muffins I was going to eat for breakfast have gone mouldy! Waa~

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Worst cramps so far today, I've barely left bed. 3 months until surgery. At least my husband is a rad dude, he's been very sympathetic and brings me treats.

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Can I talk about the horrible anxiety and mood swings I’ve had this go around? Also skipping the gym and binge eating cheez-its, and then lying about it, which causes a new fresh hell of anxiety. I just want to sleep until this poo poo is over and I can be responsible again.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I use my period as a scheduled time to go off my diet and take a break from the gym tbh. I figure my body has enough going on

Also I got permission from my doctor to double my iron supplements during my period and I am able to sleep and not kick myself awake

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Killingyouguy! posted:

JESUS. Okay, I'm super glad I'm not in that boat, 'cause the cramps are bad enough as it is.

Stop trying to spit out parts of yourself you don't even loving have, body.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

I was lax about taking my mini pill at exactly the same time for a couple of weeks due to work / life stress and now I am paying the price with a period following horrendous PMS. God, I hate this whole stupid system. I had a dermoid ovarian cyst removed a couple of years ago; at the follow-up appointment the surgeon apologised that I had nearly been sent an incorrect letter, confirming a hysterectomy at the same time, and tbh I was sort of disappointed that he hadn't whipped it out while he was in there.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

A few days out from my period, the first one since I got both breasts biopsied. The spots where they biopsied hurt extra :negative:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Good lord it feels like I overdid it on hot sauce

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember meeting her much because she lived across country, but I like to say kudos to my mom's mom, who decided the best way to deal with my mom getting her first period when she was a teenager, was to help her with the god-awful belt contraption they had back in the 60s/70s and then take her downstairs to the family dinner where everyone was waiting, and announced to everyone present that daughter had finally become a woman and was menstruating now.

Thanks grandma.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I told my mum, and the next day one of her friends congratulated me or something.

I told her I'd never had another one and kept that up for the next few years, just dealing with it as best I could.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
lmao I remember my grandma hugging me and whispering in a tone reserved for condolences at a funeral

"I hear you have... the curse now"

granted she had a series of strokes in her mid 20s that left her with the mentality of a 15 year old but I still lol to this day

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I didn't tell anyone for over a year thanks to gender dysphoria and not having a close or trusting relationship with anyone in my lovely family. They think it didn't happen until I was 14, but I was actually 12. It wasn't easy trying to have a period in totally secrecy in a tiny duplex, but I managed.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I didn't tell anyone for over a year thanks to gender dysphoria and not having a close or trusting relationship with anyone in my lovely family. They think it didn't happen until I was 14, but I was actually 12. It wasn't easy trying to have a period in totally secrecy in a tiny duplex, but I managed.
:stare:

You poor fucker.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Always on my case about how much food I ate, my mom told me that fat girls get their period sooner. Cue me getting my period about a month later, at age 11, way before my peers. I didn’t know how to tell her I started so I brought my spotted sheets to her and she just said, “well, go wash them!” That was the whole conversation.

Thanks, Mom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm honestly really thankful I didn't have my mother to deal with when I had my first period.