Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I finally read the whole thread!

I’ve got an implanon implant, just recently. Had them for about 10 years before having kids, then after kid one got mirena, got that out to have kid two and was keen to get back on implanon after that.

I always found my symptoms pretty mild while on implanon, and my periods stayed regular, but I am having the worst moods for pms and during the first couple of days of my period. I have only had two periods so far on it, and both times I was a sobbing mess at various intervals.

Is there anything I can use to help me regulate the moods a bit? I have an appointment with my gp to talk about it next week, but wanted to know if anyone had any experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I was on mirena for around 15 months and I bled like crazy for the first 3 weeks, then settled into regular periods after that. My body does not skip periods though.

Back when I was a teenager and on the pill I tried to skip the sugar pills so I would skip my period, and no dice. My period came back 3 months postpartum with my first kid and 6 weeks postpartum with my second, breastfeeding both times.

My uterus just wants to shed.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I won some kind of genetic lottery and have about 10 fine hairs in each armpit so I have literally never bothered and it has never been an issue. I was not blessed anywhere else and am generally a hirsute goddess.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I have loved wearing my maternity bras, I wore them even after I stopped breastfeeding because they’re so adjustable and underwire free. Now I’m breastfeeding baby number two, I am looking forward to continuing my run of comfort.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
So I think I have my period again and I just finished my last one eight days ago.

I thought I just had spotting from mega sex yesterday but now I’m crying for no discernible reason on the regular.

When my doctor put in my implanon this time she told me to expect the unexpected with bleeding despite having had implanon almost continuously from 19 to 29. She wasn’t wrong.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I used to use a diva cup and didn’t like it much. I don’t know if it would be different now I’ve had two kids. I’ve switched from reusable pads to modibodi period undies and don’t mind them.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Anyone on the non hormonal copper iud?

I am having a hard time with moods since going back on hormonal contraception after kids. I want something that I don’t have to take every day and we’re waiting a little before getting my husband a vasectomy in case we change our mind hahahahahaha yeah right.

Currently on implanon (nexplanon clone?), but did mirena between babies and also had issues. Don’t want to take a combination pill as we have a strong family history of breast cancer.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Much appreciated all the advice on the copper iud. Will give this implanon another month and if it’s unbearable still, will look at the iud as my next step.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Vakal posted:

Just a reminder of the crazy poo poo you gals are brewing down there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9IJuFD9ZHE&t=15s

This is the opposite of a period, what are you doing?

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

showbiz_liz posted:

Different part of the anatomy but, since it shows up in women a lot more than in men: any other lovely-thyroid-havers in here? I have a follow-up appointment to hopefully start some kind of treatment for what looks like Hashimoto's in a week or two. Just had the sonogram of my throat today, and the woman asked me "have you had surgery on your thyroid before?" which is a VERY FUN question to be asked when the answer is "no." I asked why she said that, and she said that one half of my thyroid was so much smaller than the other that she thought maybe I'd had part of it removed.

I had a tumor grow to enormous dimensions over the course of a few days and had it removed along with half my thyroid, this was back in 2012.

Biopsy came back inconclusive prior to surgery but pathology after surgery showed no cancer. My thyroid levels have been fine and I’ve not needed to do anything apart from having blood tests while pregnant to monitor.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I got my new copper iud put in and my implanon implant removed.

Super excited to have fewer hormone induced meltdowns but oh god the cramps from iud insertion have got me parenting by sitting on a chair and watching chaos unfold around me.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Mate my cat is such a loving creep. Just started my period today and she sits on my lap and then starts sniffing around, like NO, DON’T DO THAT OH GOD GET OFF ME’.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Loving the non hormonal iud so far, it’s amazing. I have been on hormonal contraception for 18 years (excluding time spent trying to get knocked up and successfully being knocked up twice).

Hormonal contraceptives were a picnic before kids but since having kids my hormones just want to be left the gently caress alone to do their thing.

I’m on my first period on the copper iud and despite my doctor warning me about heavy bleeding and telling me to take an iron supplement when it starts, this period is light, painless and it’s been that way for 3 days. Who would have thought?

I also am not having massive depressive episodes or pre-menstrual freak outs. Amazing. I had one morning where I was grouchy but it was because everything was poo poo, so it was justified.

I have not been myself for the past 5-6 months while I had implanon in so this is such a welcome change.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Nothing quite like my period settling into a pattern of light for four days, medium, apocalypse and then light for one day each.

Oh good, I think, something predictable, and so wear appropriate period protection. Oh what’s that, we’re doing light for one day, apocalypse for two and who knows what next? gently caress. As if I didn’t have enough laundry to do.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Mirena didn’t stop my periods, nothing has. I have heard many women do lose their periods though.

I am off hormonal contraceptives now because post-kids I can’t tolerate them any more. Would rather be a mum who doesn’t have catastrophic mood swings and depression.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Eight to ten days before my period happens "Are you upset or something?" "I don't know, maybe I'm just a little tired from doing 90% of the childcare and housework and constantly having to think about what to make for diner and keep a mental list in my head of all the things that need to be done and when and BEING THE ONLY PERSON IN THE HOUSE WHO CAN loving PICK UP A DIRTY DISH FROM THE TABLE AND PUT IT IN THE KITCHEN AFTER EATTING"

Normally I don't care because he makes 90% of our income and that's how we split the labor, but there's a period of about 48 hours were I start thinking "If I got on a train right now and just rode that bad boy to the end of the line there's a good chance I'd never have to put up with this constant bullshit again."

Oh yeah oh yeah I know that feeling. Start thinking about how it would be easier to do everything myself because at least I wouldn’t have to inwardly seethe when things fall to me.

This is only an issue one or two days a cycle, otherwise I perceive him as a great dad who chips in when he needs/can.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Packing for a weekend away at my in-laws’ farm and check my cycle calendar. Will probably start and have my lift doors from the Shining days while I’m there. Joy.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Nothing quite like the feeling of torrents and gushes as you sleep and finding out the period undies you have for heavy flows are not sufficient 100% of the time.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Started on lexapro 22 days ago and my period is due in 2 or 3 days. This is the best I’ve ever felt premenstrually so I guess it’s doing its job. Also bringing it home to me how low I have been and for how long.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Pinus Porcus posted:

Well, once you get through the initial bleed, no periods for a bit if you're lucky....even longer if you breastfeed and are super lucky.

Breastfeeding saved me from a period for 18 months. It was glorious.

The first 6 weeks loving suck.

I got 3 months with no period the first time around and 6 weeks the second time. Both fully breastfed, my body just loves periods.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Haha watching tv and movies and getting horned right up at the moment so right with you there pal.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I don’t think people hate me when it’s coming on but by god I think everyone is doing their best to annoy the poo poo out of me.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Shout out to my period that has been heavy as gently caress since I got the copper iud in but decided to be light this cycle, coinciding with a really awful bout of gastroenteritis. Did not want to deal with explosive poops and gore at the same time.

Do hope it’s not something tremendous like SURPRISE pregnant because holy poo poo I don’t need that kind of moral dilemma right now.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I track my period and have done for years, and every time I get ovulation pain I check my tracker. Every time it says I most likely ovulated a week ago. What gives?

Also I have two kids so I know all the tubes work.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Had a weeklong family Christmas thing at my in-laws, shared a room with the kids. No chance at really getting it on, but so be it. Period lands on the second last day of the trip.

We get home, get unpacked and do a quick grocery shop, bath the kids, get them fed and to bed.

I tell the husband I’m too tired for the gym, he says ‘wanna have sex?’ Period be damned. Life is too short. It was incredible. Good thing I stayed home.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Thank god for the rain today. I wore my doc martens, usually I wear canvas shoes like vans or converse.

Visited the toilet before starting work, all good, then as I stand after wiping a huge blood clot escapes and lands on my shoe.

Easy but horrifying clean up off leather. I’m a high school teacher so I am eternally grateful that I didn’t have a visible blood stain on my usual yellow vans to start my day.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Okay just another day in paradise over here.

Taking out my menstrual cup when my 3 year old jumps out of the shadows and startles me so I drop it, spilling a full cup of blood into my underwear. Then I stand up in shock and the cup falls into the toilet.

It’s boiling away on the stove top now and I have fresh undies on so meh could be worse I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I have run out of my CBD oil prescription just as I get premenstrual fuckery. The time I need it most and anyway long story short I had a rage at the kids for their poo poo all over the floor and cried for a while and now I’m hiding from them trying to read a book.