Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Pick posted:

You always know it's coming because your tits loving hurt

My tits are loving killing me and I’m about to go spend a week at my boyfriend’s parents’ house, so this means I’ll be getting my period there and I HATE when this happens - having to have period poops on someone else’s toilet and ask them if I can boil my DivaCup in a pot they cook with. They’re super nice about it because they love me, but cramps lay me out for a day and it’s gonna embarrassing going all that way during a pandemic to writhe around moaning for 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

teen witch posted:

Ok please take me through menstrual cups as I feel like I could wing it but I’m so afraid of one wrong move and like, gallons shooting out at me somehow pressurized

Keeper cups usually have little pinholes around them just under the lip, to help the cup create a seal. Most people turn the cup 360 degrees once in place to make sure the seal happens. If it doesn’t, you can leak and it’s like “oh whoops a little blood in my underwear”, not the cup popping out or something. I’ve been using a DivaCup for 9 years and it’s leaked TWICE, and I could tell something was up long before a potential embarrassing disaster.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

My period poops are awful and then they have a bonus awful thing: when the poop is out of my body it’s like my cramps have more room to spread out and be even crampier, so after each period poop my cramps get worse.

Also I never had sore boobs during PMS until I had a miscarriage and ever since it’s boob and nipple pain for a week per cycle. This has been super unfun because I don’t ever want to become pregnant and I grew up hearing my mom say that sore boobs was always her first pregnancy symptom.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I wish I still had my childhood diary. I got my first period overnight on New Year’s Eve 1996. On Dec 31, the entry was something like, “Mom is such a mean bitch” and January 1 said something like, “I got my first period! No wonder I was so mad at Mom last night. I didn’t mean it! I was just having my first mood swing.”

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Period at the in-laws update: I am currently boiling my DivaCup in a pot because they don’t care what I do with the pot if I clean it afterwards. Success!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Hell yeah! I’m going to lie down in their backyard and drink scotch while I watch the meteor shower tonight. If I can’t have my period at home, I shall do it in style.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Madness posted:

Truth, I track her cycle for this exact reason so I can avoid her at all cost and if I am around her I'm overly nice lol

I use the Clue app and I can share my cycle with others if they download the app as well. It’s super helpful!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Just love a post-period yeast infection!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Bismuth posted:

Not on my period, im a lil bitch

drat, using my Magic Wand is the only relief I can get from cramps sometimes. I don’t even hafta take off my granny panties!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Elentor posted:

Someone has never watched/read Blood & Chocolate.

The movie was a completely different story; what a huge disappointment, that book was one of my faves in junior high.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I have a very small and tilted uterus and a smaller sized DivaCup fits me PERFECTLY. Still trim the stem, though. Most keeper cups recommend trimming the stem to your liking!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

HellOnEarth posted:

Well mine feel like getting stabbed in the vagina but tampons, transvaginal ultrasound devices and penises all feel like that too, but I’m pretty sure that’s a Me problem.

Have you been diagnosed with vaginismus or is it something else?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

DemonDarkhorse posted:

i once slammed my laptop closed on my nipple. not a pleasant experience.

I managed to catch my nipple piercing under the lip of the drawer under an oven and then slammed the door shut. I took the piercing out forever that day.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Dr. Jen Gunter implores you to save your money and use a normal TENS machine!

https://drjengunter.com/2016/05/24/livia-isnt-a-new-off-switch-for-period-pain-its-an-expensive-tens-unit/

There’s also a more recent Vice article about that company:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/pa7z49/livia-period-cramps-device-scam

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Just started my period. On day 66. The sense of relief is palpable!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

My fiancé and I had the "we don't want kids" talk early so he got a vasectomy after we'd been together seven months. That's love.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

RickRogers posted:

Hi scary thread that I, a normal earth maaaan, would normally shy away from.

Advice! Please?

Tea:
What tea is good for my wife? I wish to gift her tea. Other consumable suggestions would also be acceptable.

Background: We have 10 month old child! Rejoice!

She hasn't yet re-started with her monthly(ish) cycles of reproductive uterus-lining expulsion, but I know from the last birthing process that the first cycles were a real "loving awful pain and I hate it" time for her.

Predicament:
The weening time has come, the offspring must be repulsed from the mammarian pillows of sustinance. The sloughing shall soon recommence.

She hates ginger. Thank you in advance!

I don't know which herbs are safe if she wants to drink tea while still breastfeeding, but I use chamomile, motherwort, and skullcap to help with PMS and cramps. I prefer smoking them in a PAX, but they all taste lovely together with a little honey when made into tea.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I also started using a menstrual cup in 2011 when I separated from my now ex-husband and was couch surfing for a couple of months. I was sometimes staying with gay men squicked out by periods or straight dudes and post-menopausal women who didn't have a bathroom garbage can with a lid so I didn't want to be tossing used tampons wherever I was staying, so I bought a DivaCup and never looked back. I have 2 partners and therefore 2 residences and keep a cup at each place, so I'm never caught without. Best blood catcher ever.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Orgasms help my cramps which sometimes last the entire period, but period blood is a worse lube than water imo, so my Magic Wand is my boyfriend when I'm doing my monthly dying.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Congrats!!!!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Is it a period poop but I haven't started my period yet, or is it just diarrhea? :iiam:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Ralph Crammed In posted:

We've got some guys in the house today installing a new water heater and my husband comes downstairs and goes "there's just pads everywhere!" all aghast cause there was a single stray pantyliner behind the laundry as well as my (clean) washable pads are in the same room as the workmen. I go "oh no! They might realize a woman lives here!" and my husband got over that poo poo pretty quickly.

If it embarrassed him, maybe he should've cleaned first!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Got my period! Day 57. Long, irregular cycles due to stress are exacerbated by Pregnancy Fear, so every time it finally shows up, I celebrate.

Today I will celebrate with scotch, making snowboys on Animal Crossing, and eating whatever the gently caress I feel like for supper (which will probably be McDonalds because it's my number one period craving).

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Period poop post: does anyone else have this thing where your cramps get way worse immediately after pooping, as if the poop in your body was cushioning the pain somehow?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Ow, my freaking nipples! This wasn't even a PMS symptom until my late 20s and it's horribly unfair. I donno if I'm gonna be able to wear a shirt tomorrow.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Band-aids, like you're running a marathon! Just make sure you put at least two over 'em and wear a bra that isn't loose so it doesn't rub them off.
I haven't worn a bra since 2014 lol

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I am so jealous I could spit. I have sleeping bras! But if you do have a camisole something you can wear under your regular clothes, I think it might help? Just something soft to add an extra layer so looser garments don't rub your nips all the time.
I don't have itty bitty titties or anything, I just don't like bras! It's usually form-fitting camis as an undershirt, but since I'm home all day living my pandemic life, I may as well walk around topless for a day every few periods when the soreness gets extra bad.

Sleeping bras, my word!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I usually wear loose tops and dresses, but when they're PMS sore, sometimes I will hold them when I run down stairs. That's the perfect amount of support!

Luckily (?!) my hell ride period started today so the boob and nipple ghost torture will end soon.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Y'all, I had the worst cramps of my life today. I was screaming and sobbing. I texted to apologize to my neighbour, thank god she couldn't hear me. I fully wanted to die.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I just love getting a yeast infection the day after my hell ride period ends, it's the best!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I got my second vaccine today. They say not to take pain meds beforehand and I have Killer Cramps From Outer Space so was in a world of hurt. The nurse who poked me said to go home and take some Advil so I wouldn't have to celebrate with cramps, which was so nice to hear because AHHHHHHHHH

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Help my heating pad broke and I keep forgetting to replace it in time for my one-two punch cramps and lower back pain combo!

Also, my cycle is usually super long and irregular and getting vaccinated seems to have forced an almost normal consistent cycle, which is amazing and I hope it lasts forever along with the free 5G!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I don't have a microwave, or I'd be all over these suggestions! I do have a hot water bottle, but I can't lie down on it so it doesn't work for how I wanna be situated when my cramps are at their peak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Been using a DivaCup since 2011 and just dropped it on the floor for the first time ever. Going in, not coming out at least, but ughhhhhh.