Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Universe Master posted:

Do they call it a bloody full stop in the UK?

I'm loving screaming.

I'm the only person I know who gets excited about their period, but that's because getting one means my delightful collection of endometriomashas shrunk enough to permit me to do so! Yahooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I just ordered Thinx knockoffs, but haven't had the chance to try them out. They look like they're made of sports jersey fabric and I am not optimistic.

I swapped my Liletta for a Mirena two weeks ago and it turns out Liletta suuuuuuucks.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

remigious posted:

I’m pregnant atm and not having periods is incredible!

Whoohoo! The next generation of goons rises!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

remigious posted:

Have you tried anything like Thinx before? It sounds like a good idea, but the part where you have to wring them out before throwing them in the washer sounds unsavory.

I've been using reusable pads for years because my flow is too light to bother with my Diva cup anymore, so it's no big deal for me. I'm just not sure I trust period panties from AliExpress; I keep thinking I'm going to put them on and realize they just have a layer of Saran Wrap or something.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

teen witch's story is way less gross than goatse y'all

My cousin does menstrual art and that's why I no longer follow her.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pick posted:

I need to get my mirena replaced but I'm not looking forward to it

I had mine replaced about a month ago and it was actually 10000% easier than it was last time! (Last time I bled so much afterwards for hours and hours that I had to call the Planned Parenthood help line because I was convinced I was gonna die; also I was high as balls and hadn't spoken to someone in English on the phone for like 4 years so I was not a great conversationalist, but the lady seemed very nice.)

But yeah, CBD really helped with the cramping and I didn't bleed out. I even made it the whole 90 minutes home without pain! My boobs were sore for a couple of days, and I was a little cranky on the third day after, but I evened out pretty quickly. Hopefully your reinstallation will be equally harmonious.

I am still explodinghead about how much better the Mirena is than the Liletta for me in terms of overall endo pain reduction. My gyno is convinced it will help manage my endometriomas but c'mon, I was on a Mirena when my pussy exploded and I got carved up like a side of beef (read: emergency cystecotomy because the one that burst was like 10 cm across WHOOOHOOO) and I am skeptical.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I miss you, Depo-Provera.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Menstrual cramps are one thing. pre-menstrual cramps are just loving unfair.

oh god why do I WFH with a standing desk

when will it loving land aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MY TRACKER SAYS FIVE DAYS BUT PLEASE GOD NO

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

o there she is

Tryin' out the fake Thinx! I was so hype I came running out of the bathroom yelling THAR SHE BLOWS so I really hope these things don't give me a rash or something.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I had to ask my dad to buy me pads once. He bought me adult diapers. Daddy drinks btw. I never asked again.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

it ok fam, dad is cool, he just went through a long "gently caress this world" phase when I was a teenager. probably my fault.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Knockoff ThinX report:

Fine so far, but these are NOT high-waisted and the last thing I want is an elastic in my laparoscopy scar. Not flattering.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pinus Porcus posted:

Same. Having sex kickstarts my period pretty regularly.

The only problem is on the back end, I have to wait a day or so after it ends to have sex, otherwise my body seems to decide it can find more blood and tissue and it will restart.

:same:

REVIEW OF NEW MIRENA: Small amount of cramping yesterday that sucked hard for about 15 minutes and then disappeared with a bowl and an aspirin. Still light 'n rusty. I almost miss having big chunks of tissue to queef out.

REVIEW OF PERIOD PANTIES: Relatively comfortable despite lower-than-optimal rise. Full coverage front and back. Definitely not super breathable, but not much worse than wearing cheap polyester panties on a hot day usually is. However, I am anticipating something of a tucking panty-stank situation after a few wears. Will report back.

Jose posted:

I hope this isn't weird to say but I'm glad this thread is going well because this is GBS

This is legit amazing to me. If such a thread had been started in 2003, teen witch would have been helldumped and the thread itself would have been three or four real posts before all the female-identified people just shut up and went away quietly while the dudes posted PERIODS ARE GROSS and DON'T TRUST NOTHIN' WHAT BLEEDS FOR FIVE DAYS AND DOESN'T DIE LOL and probably someone would have Photoshopped a tampon into the goatse.cx butt.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

raise your hand if you know about pinkwashing and you don't care as much as you should because you really love pink so you're usually like "oh ok bonus"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I have tried:

Condoms (meh)
Birth control pills, 4 different kinds (hated all)
Depo-Provera (MVPPPPP but it'll kill you or melt your bones or something)
IUD Mirena 1: fine
IUD LILETTA: not fine, hormone levels too low and uncomfortable
IUD MIRENA 2: great so far
WITCHCRAFT: probably not effective but I still don't have kids so it didn't hurt
BEING UNABLE TO HAVE KIDS ANYWAYS AFTER TWO MISCARRIAGES AND AN ABORTION: well dang!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Btw I wasn't complaining

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Tjadeth posted:

it seems deeply hosed up to me that (at least in the US) you are almost certainly getting sedated for something like a colonoscopy, but when it comes to uterus-related procedures it's like "IUD placement? okay here's a tylenol, let's crack that cervix open"

Nobody gives a poo poo about medical problems that only affect women.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Doctor Faustine posted:

I actually did see a doctor earlier this year and they ruled out PID. We determined that at least the weird gross swollen feeling was because my IUD has kind of dug into my uterine wall a little... then when I was scheduled to have it removed it had slipped back into place. I think it lodged in there again.

I really really want to stop using birth control all together because hormonal stuff absolutely destroys me and now this with the IUD. My husband and I have been discussing him getting snipped since we don’t want kids and we’re in our late 20s already.

I have not been able to sell the snip yet. I feel like I've done my part to be as infertile as possible; now he should take it over.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Dazerbeams posted:

I'm shocked that more women aren't hard "no male doctors" whenever the option is available. My mom started me off that way and while all medical professionals are a roulette of being taken seriously or getting shrugged off, I feel the odds are better if I start off with someone who has at least suffered some of the same poo poo I have.

I find it easier to intimidate men into giving me what I want, in the "fine take your lousy scrip for 5 Ativan that you need to get on a plane, you crazy bitch, just get outta here" sense, although they are worse listeners overall.

I also find it easier to receive emotionally distressing medical information from a man because it's easier for me to control my emotions around men because obviously I've been socialized to do that.

That said, I don't feel that male doctors listen AT ALL and I have had to have emergency surgery twice as a result of extremely poor diagnoses by male doctors.

Basically, I wish elise the great was my doc.

e: Oh, and I've never had a female doctor tell me to lose weight. Interestingly. I have been told with a straight face that all I need to do to solve the back pain that has almost immobilized me permanently is to "lose three kilos" which...that's an odd number? And...what? "Lose 6.6 pounds EXACTLY and your ability to walk like an anatomically modern human shall be restored!" Man, eat poo poo.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 22, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

teen witch posted:

Ginger Fitzgerald is the patron saint

Let us spray (lesbian werewolf blood everywhere)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I knew I was getting my period last month based on how my farts felt, no lie y'all I would never lie about that.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I like small boobs. If I want big boobs, I can just look down because my body is basically just my boobs.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

sigher posted:

Interesting read but:

lol

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

:lol::rimshot::lol:

Period themed vaudeville act.

That's a period period act.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Sorry for the intrusion, I just wanted to let everyone know that this thread has been stickied for your future convenience.

Thank you, and happy posting! :tipshat:

gently caress yeah

Speaking of sticky...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

I just remembered this guy, lol.

But maybe women don't want to glue their delicate bits together? Well that's only because women are dumb and distracted by their gross menstrual leaks all the time.

Make this man the Surgeon General immediately so he can tell all the republicans to glue their pussies shut and they'll be too dumb to get them unstuck and the human race will be saved!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Hopefully they pour some bleach in there first. You know, for extra hygiene.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

It's literally called "Men Sez" and that's precisely what it is.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

A true lady only expels urine prior to mounting a horse (sidesaddle, of course) in order to avoid unsightly bursting. If you kept your harlot knees together, you wouldn't ever pee! WHORE.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Yo I have been to a chiropractor and he was a short fat Frenchman and he was very kind and never once touched my secretions.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

SatansOnion posted:

(as the last of the tampons are slotted into the wall) for the love of God, Monstresor!

I'm weeping and struggling to breathe omg

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I replaced my usual sympathetic magick candles with used tampons. Light the string like a wick, hit a lady in the junk with a metaphorical brick.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

TeachesOfPeaches posted:

You have valid points, and I’m not trying to start drama or pretend like I have experience on this topic, but I take issue with this line of reasoning. Why can’t a woman both not want kids enough at that moment in time to want to (or be in the position to) try to conceive, but also be concerned about preserving her future fertility? I dunno it just sounds like a paternalistic brush off that isn’t rooted in the real life choices the patient has to consider.

"Paternalistic brush-off" pretty much sums up my entire medical history.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pinus Porcus posted:

A friend shared this on Facebook:

owns

loving owns!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I'm not sure if this has been posted here already or not, if it has I apologize for the reposting.

I used a Transcutaneous Electronic Neural Stimulator (TENS) unit for chronic pain, and it works wonders for muscle spasms in my neck and lower back.

This device is very similar in function to a TENS unit but is designed specifically for endometriosis pain, so I thought I would share it with all of you.

https://mylivia.com/reviews/

I hope it can bring quality of life to someone.

May this phoenix always rise. Thanks for posting this!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Metaline posted:

Dr. Jen Gunter implores you to save your money and use a normal TENS machine!

https://drjengunter.com/2016/05/24/livia-isnt-a-new-off-switch-for-period-pain-its-an-expensive-tens-unit/

There’s also a more recent Vice article about that company:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/pa7z49/livia-period-cramps-device-scam

*sobs* GO BACK TO POO ISLAND, YOU DREAM-POPPER!

(but for real, thanks for that.) I'm gonna chew on all these ideas.

Based on my last two periods, I think it's going to pretty much dry up and disappear, anyways. This new Mirena is a loving boss. I didn't even bother with period panties last time after the first day, and then it was gone by the fourth.

OH AND HOLY poo poo! I went to the supermarket and they were selling a menstrual cup for TEN LOUSY EUROS. I am unsure whether I want to try this out and report back or not, but seeing that certainly cheered me up.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Not having much of an actual period, but being crippled by endometrial backpain for the week before said period? Just awesome.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Barudak posted:

With everyone in china smoking I was genuinely a little surprised after finding cooling pads that nobody had made clove ones.

Do those Tiger Balm stick-on patches count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Scented menstrual products are really gross. Blood and aggressive baby powder stank are a potent olfactory mix. Also, they're bad for you!