Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I definitely havent found the levelling any worse than say Path of Exile, and having a little dungeon so early on is neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Is progress getting wiped

ayup

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Eimi posted:

The world is so generic which is a huge problem in my opinion. Granted I'm still below 20, so maybe that does change but nothing I've seen so far entices me to ever not skip cutscenes. I've said it before but I wish the game was more Diablo like and just about fighting monsters.

It definitely gets better, and leans very heavy i to dark fantasy stuff, especially, and surprisingly, Berserk.

Big ebbs and flows though, everything before Moria is forgettable and awful.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Zotix posted:

You're level 20. Through the rest of the game that I played you get honey I shrunk the kids, Enter the Dragon, and Steampunk.

and Gathering of the Juggalos

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Much as I love ff14, the first 20 hours of levelling from 1 are dire as well

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Tunzie posted:

At the risk of being that idiot that played it wrong - I tried this out last week, having only just heard of it from a mention in another thread here, and put in maybe 15-ish hours getting to the low 20's playing with a friend, doing side quests, not skipping cutscenes, and we had a lot of fun with it, and are now looking forward to playing it when it releases. The story isn't high art or anything, but it was entertaining, and when I was making jokes at its expense it felt more like I was joking with it than tearing it to pieces. Quests might not be anything amazing, but they're over in 30 seconds and you're on to the next thing before I had time to hate any of them.

We got as far as a dungeon before the beta ended - I don't remember the name, it was an underground city ruin with a final boss fight that involved reflecting a light beam at it - and that seemed pretty awesome as well, and a step up in spectacle from those before, so I was left feeling pretty excited about what's to come.

I got further than that but pretty much my takeaway, that one dungeon convinced me I wanted to play more and, yeah, from there on theres a big quality improvement in the set pieces and dungeons in particular

tbh the biggest beef I have with the game is literally every playable female character is always wearing 6" heels and lovely pandering outfits for the single handed brigade

Spuckuk fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 16, 2021

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Scoss posted:

Does anyone have a good sense of how much damage Support characters do relative to pure DPS?

I'm planning on playing a Paladin first and while I understand very clearly that their primary role is for buffs and control, it has been surprisingly hard to get any concrete sense of exactly how much less damage they do. I could guess anywhere between 10-80% of a full DPS based on the way people talk about it. I couldn't see any real disparity at all from the random classes I tried at low level.

I know Gunlancers are more explicitly damage oriented but I wonder how they fall into that question as well, given that they still offer great team utility.

From reading about a bit, Gunlancers do similar damage to any other DPS, and the two 'support' classes do around 80% of what a pure DPS class does at endgame.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Looks like Sorceress is confirmed in for release, but Summoner is being taken out (apparently because of being reworked as a class)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jimbot posted:

I've been looking at the Martial Artist classes, mainly the Scrapper, and they all look super fun. I already know the answer but I wouldn't mind being surprised: do any of the glamours or whatever they're called give the women a pair of flats to wear or is it all high heels?

heels are basically modelled into the characters, the closest thing ive seen are some very high wedges, its embarrassing in 2021 but here we are