Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want to MARRY G'raha Tia!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We'll get the option during our wedding.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There is no consciousness left, while all of him might be sealed in there it's all in small bits and pieces of aether with no connection or mind.

e: presumably, probably

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Elidibus says to G'raha that he only needs to summon the desires for salvation and heroism etc. and bind that desire to clumps of aether in the First to make that desire "real", loopholing himself into becoming stronger. We didn't fight any real soul.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Elidibus was the most boring, and then!

I believe in Ishikawa.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

NachtSieger posted:

Zenos CANNOT be a himbo because the definition of himbo includes kindness, which Zenos has the exact opposite quality of. He has anti-kindness.

Zenos has received a lot of kindness from his enemies!

e: kidneys*

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love G'raha Tia, I love Fancy Dan, and I love Zenos.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We will see Emet one more time and it's when we're on our knees broken and beaten by Zenos-Zodiark when we suddenly enter our soul-zone ala Ardbert and the spirits of the Convocation pick us up, pat us on our back, and we give them a resolute nod before turning back and delivering the final blow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We could have thrown a spoon through him without any sort of Light or energy attached and the way the scene and dialogue plays out I'd still be planning his funeral.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Remember that we (I) lived."

-A living man

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We're as much Azem as we are Ardbert. We are, but we're not.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:hmmyes:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't wait to once again draw the blood of my enemy, Zenos. We're gonna have so much fun!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean, it’s a stated fact that Aether overwhelms Dynamis, and Zodiark is able to protect the planet from The Endsinger even sundered into 14 parts. He should likely be able to utterly wreck Ultima Thule if he goes there at full power, the problem then becomes his protection of the planet is gone whilst he’s off to punch the despair elemental in the face.

Easy solution: Just sacrifice more to create another Zodiark to stay at home. It can't fail!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I need a Zenos EX fight like, immediately, please and thank you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zenos's story in Endwalker was great. His quest to understand that the best way to make us fight him was not to become a world-ending threat, but to instead help end it so we had nothing better to do was heartwarming. 10/10, would punch again.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My Ancient Evil Warlock Boyfriend is Tsundere

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean obviously my character isn't a "murder elemental" but really the fight with Zenos by itself proved him right. All the elements of that fight coalesced into a transcendent moment of "hell yeah". It was my moment. Our moment. I need more. A Zenos EX solo duty. I now know exactly how that idiot felt.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish the big ball of goop in the final zone exploded after you beat the MSQ and you could see all the Elpis flowers or something from within its remains. It's such an eyesore!

I was hoping that her entire nest would have exploded/fell apart, revealing a light behind it that would light up the whole zone. I like the place, but it gets a bit too dark at times!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The best he needs to be is an Extreme Trial so we can grind it for Zenos Gears.

Wanna have Zenosex

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Valentin posted:

i have no idea what The Screenshot is for this expansion but I know what moment felt correct to me: agreeing that it would in fact be dope to have a dragon ball z fight here at the end of the universe.

Hell yeah

Merry Christmas, motherfucker!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The fight with Hydaelyn was cool but I cracked up when all the Scions were giving their big speeches because Urianger says "What power I have, I shall bring to bear" which reminded me of this image.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

HPanda posted:

If I have a complaint, it’s that the big bad final boss was fully introduced and developed just in this expansion. For a finale, feels like it should be something brought up earlier
Thats just another Final Fantasy reference. Ishikawa does it again!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shoutout to Fandaniel's VA who had to play two very different characters and made both of them sound great.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

4 total voices in Endwalker isn't it?
Unless I missed something in the credits, just Hermes and Amon.

e: I mean he uses Asahi's voice at times, but that's, you know, Asahi's voice actor.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes but also: at the end Zenos wished for us to live and that's why it showed up at the end and not at the start, his was the tipping point that made that prayer reality

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It was our spaceship that brought us to the end, and our friendship that brought us back. :hai:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The mask stays on during sex.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

To post is to suffer. To drink of calamity.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

*reads thread* drat, I should listen to more Christian Rock

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We're the ones who named her nest "Ultima Thule". When she shows up on the Ragnarok as you arrive, she says "You approach the bounds of my Ultimatum".

Really, it's the same thing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Harrow posted:

there was basically nothing left for Meteion to experience but an absolutely cosmic amount of pure, unfiltered despair.
Yes, I too post on the SA forums :coolbird:

Unlucky7 posted:

I want to confirm something: I know that the same VA voices Amon and Hermes, but did it seem like he was switching between the character voices in the cutscene after the Aitiascope? If so then I feel that was really neat in context of that character.
All of Fandaniel's voices are great. Dude really had to put in work!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Clarste posted:

Fandaniel/Hermes/Amon has a different voice actor than Fandaniel/Asahi. The Fandaniel version switched at the beginning of the expansion.
I was referring to the Amon Fandaniel voice actor, yes. Even discounting Asahi he still had to voice several different characters, sometimes in the same scene, that were still recognizably the same.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zenos will be a reincarnation of the strongest beast in Pandaemonium, who fused with some ancient and became a hemitheos.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Asahi owns because when we talk to Fandaniel, History's Greatest Fuckup who managed to cause the same Universe-spanning cataclysm, twice, without even knowing he was responsible for the first one, our goodbye is one of heartfelt sympathy and words of encouragement, and when we say goodbye to Asahi, whose biggest crime is fashion, we say "gently caress off, loser"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All of the lines about suffering and despair are extremely cool.

"All is excruciating pain. I breathe fire and torment."
"To live is to suffer, to drink of calamity."
"I birth a world of suffering to mire and plague."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

MechaX posted:

I mean, I don't blame her at all for making that choice, but uh... it probably kind of sucks for the Ancients who not only survived the Final Days, but were un-involved in the Zodiark business at all and then they wake up a fine Tuesday morning and gets sundered into 14 parts.
I mean, they'd still be them. That's the whole thing about the Sundering, it doesn't kill. They'd have less Aether and be much weaker overall for sure, but they were still the same person. In a different dimension, another "them" existed that then went on to have their own life, but that's not really personally relevant to them.

No Dignity posted:

If you can barely remember your prior existence and have moved from living in 20th centruy style cities to making cave paintings I don't think it can really be said your life was preserved. Venat's plan, like seemingly all Ancient plans, ended up killing everyone. Good riddance to all of their nonsense imo
Everyone forgot what happened when Bahamut attacked also and just remembered the aftermath, that's just a thing that can happen, and those people didn't "die" by any means. As for the caves, yeah that's kinda a thing you might have to deal with for some time after an apocalypse, you've lost your usual means of creating those cities and need to think of something new, and your total population has dropped by about 80% (because of the apocalypse and the ways they put a temporary stop to the apocalypse, and by no means because of the Sundering)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Venat scene was so good I did in fact cry.