Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ImpAtom posted:

It seems like you can basically bring anything across, it just depends on if it is capable of remaining together after you do so. Living beings are a lot more complex than bread and thus are at a greater risk of dissolving. As long as you think of it as part of you then it should be able to come across.

The real question is: How does your Chocobo get across.
https://twitter.com/balphinaud/status/1290053220883038208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jetrauben posted:

Which begs a fascinating question: will Ryne be removed from the "canon" Trust lineup? Or are we going to pull out our Azem Signature Spell to call her over?
I assume she won't be part of any MSQ/scenario trust lineups but usable in the avatar trust lineups

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Chillgamesh posted:

I was looking at my Orchestrion and I noticed that you can buy Matoya's theme from a vendor at her place in the Hinterlands. I flew out there to buy it, and while I was there I talked to her. They updated her dialogue to reflect Y'shtola coming back from the first :aaaaa:
There are several other NPCs that make note that the other Scions are back. Have seen screenshots from a few different class trainers, including Y'shtola's sister

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Colgate posted:

Man, ever since I did the content, I'm sad we probably won't get to take more part in the whole reclaiming the void thing, since it felt like more of a sendoff to Unulkalhai and our role quest friends, but rather deal with the much less interesting Fandaniel/Zenos stuff. I'm not even all that into the gundam/weapon stuff either.
Void quests felt like an obvious lead-in to a future expansion to me. "It may take years for us to figure this out!" was a flashing sign in my brain

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Zack Ater posted:

That could also just be because he's from the Source, while Elidibus was expecting someone from the First.
I assumed it was because of his fusion with the Crystal Tower

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

SirSamVimes posted:

Doing both the animations because when he does the snap you're like "oh wait is that" and then he does the wave and you're like "OH poo poo IT IS".
I was of the impression it was Azem at first and when the snap happened i said "those ancient sure do love dramatic snaps," but i figured it out after the wave

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Maybe they could do Scarmiglione in 6.2, random solo duty or just skip that and do more exposition in 6.3, Cagnazzo + Barbariccia combo fight in 6.4, and Rubicante in 6.5.

Eox posted:

Scarmiglione has two phases ready to go, though. I'd hate to relegate him to a solo duty when there's a kickass-looking raidwide and a bangin' soundtrack change to be had

edit: no matter what, we better get a soken cover of the FF4 boss theme out of endwalker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5D9mVy7js
I'm so excited for a Soken version of the four fiends' theme myself. I love this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf9e9lJgaVU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

wizardofloneliness posted:

Yoshi was asked if Gaius is going to be in EW and gave some non-answer along the lines of "I won't say he doesn't appear in EW, but I can't promise that he has a major role either." So.... maybe?

It does feel like MSQ Shadowhunter/Gaius is a completely separate character from Gaius post Sorrow of Werlyt. I wouldn't be surprised if he just shows up for a cameo and that's it.
I imagine that when we decide that we're moving toward Garlemald, Gaius may pop up and say hey good luck or something. Or we ask him to go and he declines. That's probably enough of a role for him in EW.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Sherry Bahm posted:

I want a tag-team Ravana + Susano Trial. Just let me have the two most EXTRA Primals being total bros while they try to murder me.
https://twitter.com/surfacage/status/1173577674805006336

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Macaluso posted:

*G'raha's eyes go big and starry eyed again*: THE Zenos?? The famous Zenos who fought the Warrior of Light, died and came back to life to fight him again? I can't believe I get to see such a thing in person
I know this is about how Graha reacts to Estinien and Lyse but now it has me wondering about the bad timeline. Black Rose gets unleashed after WoL beats Elidi-Zenos at Ghimlyt Dark and triggers the Eighth Calamity, but what happens to Elidibus and Zenos afterward? Would Zenos still try to get his body back with WoL dead or would he just give up without us? Would Elidibus just keep hanging out in Zenos' body?

Emet would still be alive in that timeline but after the Calamity I assume he would just go back to sleep.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

the_steve posted:

IIRC, Black Rose was Emet's idea, but he dropped it once he had his idea on the First to do things over there instead as a less-lethal option. So, presumably, he'd have worked on his followthrough, unless the Black Rose worked too well and killed too many people for him to move to the next phase of Zodiark Re-Redux.
The way I remember the sequences of events going are:

Bad timeline - WoL beats Elidi-Zenos, Black Rose gets released on Eorzean forces as response but is unexpectedly potent due to Black Rose being Light-aspected + the First being consumed by Light, Calamity is triggered

New timeline - Graha's interruption means Elidi-Zenos doesn't lose, WoL gets called to the First and starts defeating Lightwardens, Emet realizes something is wrong (maybe due to Black Rose testing being no longer as potent?) and starts following us on the First

There would also be other stuff going on in the bad timeline like Gaius and Alphinaud continuing toward Garlemald with Alphinaud not getting pulled to the First, Estinien not joining Gaius the way he does in the new timeline, Zenos maybe not killing Varis. It's all inconsequential now but I think it's fun to ponder over for a few minutes.

Chillgamesh posted:

I think there’s a short story on the website that implies the Bad Timeline went awry enough that the Ascians’ plans are hosed. Midgardsormr and Omega help the future Ironworks rebuild after they send G’raha back in time
I skimmed through that story again and didn't see much about what else happened afterward with the Ascians. There's no mention of a Ninth Calamity but I assume Elidibus would have continued working toward the full rejoining after the Eighth Calamity was successful.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

cheetah7071 posted:

Is he? It's been a while.
At the end of 4.3 he shaves his head and says he's going to go walk around everywhere. He gets mentioned again at the start of the Bozja storyline as the one who gives Hien the idea to help the Bozjan resistance.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Hogama posted:

Ardashir from the Anima weapon questline is also from Radz-at-Han.
My bad joke about this has been that people with completed HW relics are going to do more damage when we fight Anima the boss in Endwalker

Blockhouse posted:

Emperor Gestahl.
I will forever love that they reference Gestahl in this game via a dog minion

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jetrauben posted:

Hraesvelgr has some in his battle arena. Interestingly, they're called "holy sprites," which reinforces the idea that Hrasevelgr himself is a quasi-divine being.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also Hraeslvelgr just straight up uses Light and Ice magic.
My assumption is that this is a reference to Hraesvelgr having consumed the real Shiva. I don't remember if there's confirmation that the real Shiva was especially Ice/Light aspected the way Ysayle's Shiva is but it's consistent with the great FF universe's use of Shiva.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
A zone inside of the moon makes sense with the FF4 parallels so that's been my assumption for the final zone.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Mordiceius posted:

So is the zone inside the moon psuedo-Zeal?
Not-Zeal has been on the world map near Garlemald so I assume us going to Garlemald will lead to going to not-Zeal. There's a chance they've been showing us other floating islands but seems unlikely.

You can see them near the Ilsabard label in the top-center of the map:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Clarste posted:

Both 90 dungeons are amazing, imo.
I love them. Smileton may be my new favorite dungeon overall. I love the design and music, the trash pull sizes are perfect, and I liked the bosses. I also really want the Lunatender minion that I'm pretty sure drops from there so I'll be happy to run it a bunch

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

wizardofloneliness posted:

I honestly barely remember Moenbryda as a character and didn't really care when she died because she wasn't in the story for very long. To me, she was just one of those random ARR characters, although she did have a cool design.
I mostly remember Moenbryda for being someone that gave Urianger some sort of personality. Yda/Lyse also had more personality for the 5 minutes Moenbryda was on screen too.

Ibblebibble posted:

Doma and Ala Mhigo are standouts.
Doma may be a YMMV thing because by the third quest I was skipping dialogue and cutscenes just hoping it would be over already. The duty at the end was cool though.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Machado de Assis posted:

I didn't do a whole lot of regular quest chains as I went through Endwalker, aside from the Labyrinthos lines with the teenager/artificial sun and Shaggles. Are there any good/interesting ones I may have missed that flesh out parts of the backstory, like the black rose questline early in Stormblood?
I don't have a list handy but the general rule of thumb is that if a sidequest has a graphic attached to the quest description, it's going to be a questline with more interesting details than the other sidequests. Aether Current quests often start these questlines, too.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Macaluso posted:

I think "WoL" is too ingrained now. I can't imagine folks will stop using it
Maybe wherever we end up, there will be one person from Eorzea that calls us the Warrior of Light and then everyone else starts doing it too

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Regy Rusty posted:

See I genuinely thought that the bleakness was gonna turn to triumph when we save the mom. And then when Alphinaud and Alisaie underestimate the blasphemy for just a moment and that's enough for it to grab her and toss her by the head into the water I was genuinely shocked. So then when Matsya runs with the baby, yes, part of me thought that it just might be possible we'd go THAT bleak and have one or both of them transform. So them being saved was an INCREDIBLE relief. It all worked really well for me in the moment.
When the blasphemy grabbed the mom, my thought was "ok well let's go get her from the water" without thinking that the blasphemy crushed her head. The Matsya running scene was very stressful for me because I was thinking "They're not going to kill him right? right? right???"

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I would like to keep Graha around so that one of our friends does not have white hair

Krile with her hood down works too

Hogama posted:

wow aymeric's not my favorite either but that seems a bit overly rude
:laffo:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Kazy posted:

Why does it cost so much to go from Radz to Garlemald, it feels like it should be much cheaper since they're on the same continent.

sweet geek swag posted:

Realistically Thavnair isn't any closer to Garlemald than Ala Mhigo. It might be further away.
Yep. Here's the world map:

Thavnair gets put in the Ilsabard category but it's still a long ways away from Garlemald

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

cheetah7071 posted:

The real problem with story section glamours is that my gear set is associated with a glamor plate and it'll keep overwriting any manual changes I make
I unlinked all of my gearset and glamour plates on the last day before Endwalker. I wanted to show any new dungeon/coffer gear I got so being able to glam the MSQ-related gear on was a nice benefit too

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Rhonne posted:

Well the primals reflect the wishes of those who summon them, and in that moment everyone is summoning the primals so that they can save the world together. It makes sense that they'd have a much more positive attitude what summoned for that reason.
It’s this and also there’s dialogue from Livingway about the Loporrits’ form of creation magic that doesn’t involve tempering others, in contrast to the creation/summoning magic taught by the Ascians.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

wdarkk posted:

Quick question about the "Summon Party Finder" spell: who actually came up with it?

We see it for the first time when G'raha Tia casts it for the Hades trial, but then every subsequent use has been the Azem crystal, which is implied to be made by Hades.

Did Hades see it get cast, then put it into the crystal either before or after he died because it's just so Azem and he's a gigantic tsundere? Did G'raha see it in the crystal at some point while getting worked over by Hades? Did they both independently derive it?

After writing all that I feel like it might be that Hades carved it into the crystal while he had G'raha captive and was examining his memories?
My assumption is that they are different spells, independent of each other. Graha's spell being the result of the work that resulted in teleporting him and the Crystal Tower to the First, and Azem's spell being something Azem themself used / has some other connection with Azem and Emet. When Elidibus is summoning WoLs to the First he is using Graha's spell and when we block his attack + bring up our own summoning spell, Elidibus' observation of it is "An invocation of eld" which marks it as separate from Graha's summoning spell to me on top of having a different animation.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Have some bad pictures I grabbed from youtube cutscene videos!
Pre-Hades

Pre-SoS

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

a cartoon duck posted:

from what i can tell, scales has three states: you do it perfectly and the entire raid gets a permanent damage buff, the scales are slightly tilted so you don't die but don't get a damage buff, and the scales are completely lopsided so it's a wipe
As far as I can tell it's only pass-fail. The video above only goes between balanced and lopsided with only a couple of people moving between the sides, which matches my experience in the fight.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

This doesn’t always work, since the adds have a variable weight - probably determined by the amount of tethers they do. They don’t always tether 8 people.
My assumption has been that the adds are about 8 players worth of weight, so there's some leeway. In one of my runs all three adds were on one side so everyone ran to the other side and I'm pretty sure the scales were balanced; one person tried to troll by running back to the side with the adds but the scales stayed balanced so we got to continue on.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

cheetah7071 posted:

the world first team said they were consistently ahead of streamers by 1-1.5 phases. I don't know if they raided longer hours or were just better at the game, though
The winning group had members from Entropy, who got the world first kills on UWU, O12S, and E4S. It's likely they were just better than the streaming groups. They also seemed to figure out the puzzle stuff faster; Zeppe said they figured out the "Spare Thordan" thing on their second clear of that phase while Sindalf from TPS said they resisted using tank LB3 on the rewind for 12 hours.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ImpAtom posted:

He actively apologized, admitted he was wrong, and acknowledge he did it out of a misguided fear they would not be able to be saved if they kept it up.

Dude made a bad decision in a stressful moment when confronted with saving his kids during the apocalypse. It is a flaw but far from irredeemable.
We can be friends and fight together now like in the role quest capstone, but I still want to punch Forchenault in the face.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Everyone talking about putting Ameliance into skimpy outfits when I'm going have her put on the chicken suit so we can be weirdos together.
I put all the custom delivery NPCs into 2B outfits, including Charlemend, but I will not be doing this for Ameliance because that's just wrong

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Ither posted:

Do you know where this was stated?
It came from a Q&A with Banri Oda, story designer for the game https://www.4gamer.net/games/199/G019924/20210810055/

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

g0lbez posted:

now that trick attack increases your own personal nin dps is the hide + shikuchi trick attack on bosses the optimal opener now or is that considered a weird exploit and nobody is doing it
The Trick Attack debuff only lasts 15 seconds and most party buffs don't go up until a few GCDs into everyone's openers. If you open with Trick Attack, you're not lined up with everyone else's buffs.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Alxprit posted:

Also it said "I wish we could've met" which probably rules out it being anyone we know?
Yeah this is how I interpreted it. I saw various guesses as to who Watcher actually was, Erichthonios being a popular guess due to his associate with shackles -> being the one watching over Zodiark's jail, but now we know it's just a random scholar who was part of Venat's faction.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Ibblebibble posted:

He has to be FuSoYa, it's so obvious that it loops around to being an out-there pick.
I'm mad that I never realized that The Watcher's robe is based on FuSoYa's until I read this. I remember thinking that something was up with Watcher having a special robe but never made the connection

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah, that's right. That does mesh with my guess that the deep dungeon will be on the moon...
One of my guesses is that to keep up with the FF4 references, the deep dungeon would be on the moon and have a Lunar Subterrane vibe to it. I'm now leaning toward the deep dungeon being in one of the places Emet mentioned though.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I'm glad that Unreal is getting out of ARR era fight design. I thought Ravana would have been fun for the next fight but Sephirot is better

Hogama posted:

Next dungeon is The Fell City of Troia. Our sightseeing trip to the Thirteenth is going well, I assume.

I wonder how many more FF 4 references they'll squeeze into post-EW. I'm still a little mad that I never put the Watcher-FuSoYa connection together until the Omega quests.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Badger of Basra posted:

From the pics they showed, isn’t it the lopporits at the cafe at the end of the world?
The Omicrons are the tribe we're getting in 6.25; my assumption is that is where the cafe comes in to play. Then when we get the Loporrit tribe quests in 5.35 or 5.45 or whatever, that's when we deal with moon Garleans

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Warmachine posted:

Wild speculation has my brain going in weird places about that, actually. What if much like Ardbert, Zenos' demon buddy is actually your reflection from the 13th? :tinfoil:
My "I don't fully believe this but what if..." theory is that Golbez is the 13th's Azem shard. Like someone that was meant to help save the world but was corrupted by the darkness instead. I don't remember if Unukalhai or Cylva talked about other people from their WoL group or who the leader might have been.

Vitamean posted:

too bad though can't wait for the soken mix of battle with the four fiends
I need this so bad

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Scarmiglione dungeon, Cagnazzo 6.2 trial, Barbariccia 6.3 trial, Rubicante 6.4 trial, Golbez 6.5 trial as the trial series stuff would be fun.

the_steve posted:

An undead phase where Healers have to keep casting Raise and Cure spells on him
I'm going with the speedrun strat of throwing carrots and trash cans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

SirPhoebos posted:

Doesn't the game have this already? (The Aery Nidhogg fight requires you to keep Estinien alive).

Nessus posted:

Yeah but that encounter's pretty simple and you mostly just need to cast a regen or a shield or two on him and he's fine. This would presumably be more sophisticated

Qwertycoatl posted:

They could get around Benediction by having a relatively small healthbar and emptying it when it goes full (which also indicating progress in some way).

I don't feel like reading all of what was being discussed but does Haurchefant in DSR count for some of this stuff? From what I remember he has like 100k HP and you still have to keep him alive for a bit after the tank LB3 wears off, while also dealing with the knights' mechanics. Bringing something like that into non-Ultimate content seems like it would satisfy what people are thinking of