Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hmmmm
1st Gen
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Goku
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

teagone posted:

Dash 3rd win today on Music Bank :black101:

To be candid I wasn't impressed with NMIXX's first song or two but they started killing it this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Development posted:

holy poo poo the itzy covers of hyori's songs are amazing.

I hope Lia's doing better. I think we're at one of those stages where every group I follow closely has somebody out. :smith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Nothing Smith about it, they’re killing it. Itzy celebrating with them on stage every time has been adorable too.

I think it was the second win where it looked like Ryujin made a point to hug them all. It was nice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Another NMIXX stage practice. Really didn’t think we’d get this one because holy poo poo what a tough one. The last minute of Haewon Lily and Sullyoon is just incredible. They never stop impressing me, easily the most talented group since Shinee and already in the discussion for all time.

I'm really impressed with Bae, especially so given she was one of those 'JYP saw her walking down the street' recruits.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Reading about how Yuqi and Minnie are out sick it and their bonkers schedule last year makes me think Cube either overworks their idols (or underworks them in the case of CLC, RIP).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What do folks think of JYP's international girl group?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

teagone posted:

Stan culture is so wild to me. I really only just realized how absurd "solo" stans are when I dropped that tweet of how I sorta felt Jihyo was being a selfless leader in I Got You, lmao. The amount of negative energy they seem to channel is hilarious.

So they just like Jihyo and not Twice?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

teagone posted:

There were several other of these sort of solo stans that had caught wind what I said the other day, but I only took a screenshot of the above tweets because I found them amusing. I didn't even know solo stanning was a thing.

I guess if you're going to parasocially latch onto any member the leader the makes the most sense but I'm sure there's people out there that think any member of Twice or any group is being 'held back.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Kinda crazy they’re not big in Korea anymore but I guess they’ll gladly take being huge in the world instead

That's surprising to me as well. I still like them but I also have been enjoying ITZY and NMIXX stuff more so I guess not that surprising.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, ITZY got that most important of graduations - their own personal Instagram accounts.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jonny 290 posted:

LE SSERAFIM's "EASY" Music Video has been deemed ineligible for broadcast by KBS

Good job KBS now i REALLY want to see it

According to something I read it was “risk of imitation” so something they worry people might do that idols in the video do, like Rose from Blackpink not wearing her seatbelt in that one video.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Favorite iteration of Easy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCm_5U3-W9c Apparently 'The Garage' is somebody's garage in LA but it brings the hip hop element home.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Moonbyul's newest slaps but I'd be more surprised if it didn't.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lia was at one of ITZY's concerts and they took a picture with all five of them and that was nice to see. :unsmith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/twice-with-with-you-th-number-one-debut-billboard-200-albums-chart-1235620779/

:toot:

From #200 with More & More to #1 now 4 years later, huge accomplishment. They would have hit it with R2B last year but that country album with 35 songs dominated the charts so hard its still at #2 on this chart a year later.

Additional:

https://twitter.com/Jeff__Benjamin/status/1764784313713745958

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

teagone posted:

2nd single already? Kaylee also on hiatus due to a health condition :ohdear:

I'm glad idols at least seem to get time off for this sort of thing more easily than one might imagine.

I really worry about Billlie's leader Moon Sua whose older brother Moonbin took his own life early last year and she's been gone pretty much since then and I really hope she's okay.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Saw a random YouTube clip with Momo and she was wearing a Super Bowl XXV shirt making me amused at the notion that for some reason she's a huge New York Giants fan.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So is Young Posse basically a K-rap group? That's pretty cool.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

XXL has a few million views already. Young Posse blowing it up?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

To counter with some good news:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654417wpp/watch-billlies-moon-sua-and-suhyeon-return-from-hiatus-resume-group-activities

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I didn't even know Le Sserafim had 6 members originally.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Super No Vacancy posted:

hard to say but i think they just have a lot of antis. their arguments are naturally nonsense and not worth examining (they did so many remixes of that one song!) but as for why they exist,

•they're in the wrong company
•perception/likelihood that chaewon was fixed into izone and took somebody else's spot
•they 'skipped the line' with like hitting the hot 100 and going to coachella i.e. they're popular
•they had a sexy concept from debut bringing a lot of male fans (which they kinda moved away from p quickly)
•the garam school bullying thing i didn't care to dig into because it was immediately clear they'd just drop her

and then yknow it all becomes escalating fanwar tribalism where people arent even mad at the group but get mad at a segment of their fans
week 1 of coachella was not exactly blackpink 2019 but it certainly wasnt the national crisis it seems to have spawned. mostly i'm interpreting this as them breaking through to a new tier of fame

I have seen people also say that getting Chaewon and Sakura is cheating?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've never listened to IVE before but 'Heya' is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Super No Vacancy posted:

I saw cube got promoted from a mid-size business to a blue chip on the stock exchange which I have to imagine is like 80% idle's doing lol

I completely forgot about all their other groups like Lightsum.

Still a little sore about CLC which seems like an almost unintentionally mismanaged group.