Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Joke explainer stands next to the stage like a sign language interpreter explaining the jokes to anyone who doesn't get them

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frump truck

hello... again!

i agree

Chewbecca

Joke explainer is at the kids birthday party, patiently explaining to the kids the difference between a pun, a simile, hyperbole and a metaphor - and how they can be combined for comedic effect

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nut

you see, it's an internet thread, of typed words you read aloud in your head. you let them conjure images of the scenarios the posts in the thread describe. and you...wait for it...laugh now

Chewbecca

Joke explainer is at the dinner party citing the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, explaining that the word humor was not used in its current sense of funniness until the 18th century, and so traditional philosophical discussions referred to either laughter or comedy instead

posting smiling
joke explainer is my friend and he will post itt

cda

by Hand Knit

posting smiling posted:

nut

jeb bush: please laugh

vanisher

posting smiling posted:

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Pissed Ape Sexist

You see, what Tartouffe is doing here is transitioning deftly from the 'ah-ha' to the 'ha' phase, and allowing you to join him on this delightful journey

alnilam

posting smiling posted:

ty manifisto

Finger Prince

You see, the red top half of the penguin is facing to the right, which indicates, you know, that the phrase in impact font is umm, positive, whereas the blue left facing bottom half of the penguin indicates... you know what I don't get this one either.

City of Glompton

posting smiling posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

posting smiling posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

joke_explainer

It’s humorous because comedy is often less funny when over explained but then you have a guy explaining it anyway on stage

joke_explainer

ideally talking over the guy telling the jokes, as often the comedy explanation is significantly longer than the joke

alnilam

:worship:

ty manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

google THIS

joke_explainer

hmm... a joke inside a joke... see, it’s funny because you thought you had an absurd premise without realizing the person you were imagining actually exists with the exact same username

City of Glompton

joke_explainer posted:

hmm... a joke inside a joke... see, it’s funny because you thought you had an absurd premise without realizing the person you were imagining actually exists with the exact same username

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

nut

Goons Are Gifts

posting smiling

joke_explainer posted:

It’s humorous because comedy is often less funny when over explained but then you have a guy explaining it anyway on stage

:hmmyes:

vanisher

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

joke_explainer posted:

Another byob success story

Khanstant

joke_explainer posted:

drat

Macnult

joke_explainer posted:

joke_explainer posted:

ideally talking over the guy telling the jokes, as often the comedy explanation is significantly longer than the joke

:)

Macnult

:five:

Prof. Crocodile

this summoning ritual worked like a charm, next do ButtTheShitmanFart

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

nut posted:

jeb bush: please laugh

:stonklol:

frump truck

hello... again!

i agree

Chewbecca

joke_explainer posted:

What the heck! :psyduck:

ChubbyChecker

Finger Prince posted:

You see, the red top half of the penguin is facing to the right, which indicates, you know, that the phrase in impact font is umm, positive, whereas the blue left facing bottom half of the penguin indicates... you know what I don't get this one either.

Penguin rampant to dexter on azure field symbolizes social awkwardness, while penguin rampant to sinister on gules field symbolizes social awesomeness. They can be marshalled party per fess for juxtaposition.

FluffieDuckie

joke_explainer posted:

joke_explainer posted:

i love byob

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

google THIS

The villain from that new Indiana Jones movie descends into madness and death after demanding to have ALL the jokes explained to her

Robot Made of Meat

posting smiling posted:

I miss Joke Explainer. He always brightened my day.

With his joke explaining.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

joke_explainer posted:

The prophecy has been fulfilled!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!