Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol van jones is talking about how everybody was going to praise the speech even if it was terrible and its so great they dont have to make anything up about it

BEST NIGHT FOR JOE BIDEN EVER jumping out of my chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
So one day back when Bloomberg was the mayor I was walking along on a remote beach in New York City and there were these giant stone cairns all over the place, stacks of rocks at least six feet tall, and I marveled at them, wondering who built them, and eventually I walked further down the shore and I came across a man about 50 years old who was stacking rocks. And I talked to him, asked him wtf he was doing, and this is what he told me:

He said, "I work at the zoo, and I'm in charge of the groundhog that they use on groundhog's day to predict the future. This year, the groundhog bit mayor Bloomberg, and afterwards he told me, 'that groundhog doesn't seem to be very used to being around human beings' and he told me that I have to live with the groundhog in my house until next groundhog's day. So now there is a loving groundhog living in my house and I hate dealing with it. So now on the weekends, to avoid spending time in my house, I come out here, and I stack rocks."

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:29 on Aug 21, 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/DavidNakamura/status/1296649582651351040

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

platzapS posted:

empathy is a big lib tell, I say this as someone who once thought it was among the highest values

It's self-congratulatory (in a Romantic sense of "the most refinely-sensed, passionate feeler is the most sophisticated man") and also easily worked by propaganda ("Please Mr. President, my people are dying, send troops").

empathy is good but the downfall of the common american liberal is that they have never learned how to switch it off when confronted with sociopaths or situations wrt which it provides zero value to anyone involved

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MAMALA

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden did not say God Bless the United States of America.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
everything is so cursed

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Nix Panicus posted:

lol if you think those two brain dead idiots are going to have a debate

I think Trump can bully Biden into it

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

VideoKid posted:

I wanted to see what Fox News has to say about the speech and loving Karl Rove is talking about Biden's good performance.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1282668779575615494

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Chris Christies about to give his take on ABC and im genuinely interested in it god help me

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

twoday posted:

So one day back when Bloomberg was the mayor I was walking along on a remote beach in New York City and there were these giant stone cairns all over the place, stacks of rocks at least six feet tall, and I marveled at them, wondering who built them, and eventually I walked further down the shore and I came across a man about 50 years old who was stacking rocks. And I talked to him, asked him wtf he was doing, and this is what he told me:

He said, "I work at the zoo, and I'm in charge of the groundhog that they use on groundhog's day to predict the future. This year, the groundhog bit mayor Bloomberg, and afterwards he told me, 'that groundhog doesn't seem to be very used to being around human beings' and he told me that I have to live with the groundhog in my house until next groundhog's day. So now there is a loving groundhog living in my house and I hate dealing with it. So now on the weekends, to avoid spending time in my house, I come out here, and I stack rocks."

that’s one heck of a parable

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

twoday posted:

Holy hell-- drove the poor guy insane.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

Pretty sure Herman was a construction worker.

Toss up on which one is more American

naw man he works for a funeral home as a mortician or something

also canonically he and donald duck were in the same unit

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Libs can't acknowledge that demons do exist, and that those demons can be charming and speak scripture as well

(metaphorical of course)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Chris Christies about to give his take on ABC and im genuinely interested in it god help me

no one's going to help you :devil:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
BANG goes the gavel.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol some dude on cnn is saying that bidens just saying buzzwords and none of these are actual plans and granholms response is that its all on the website

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRwbYYuZMk

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

lol some dude on cnn is saying that bidens just saying buzzwords and none of these are actual plans and granholms response is that its all on the website

i instantly believe you, because why not

why not

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

Joe Biden weeping as he signs the order that will open the Soylent Green factories

"I really feel your pain"
yessss

"A single death is Beau Biden. A million deaths is Joe Biden." --Mahatma Stalin

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

whoever wrote that speech needs to get a cookie and a hug and a puppy

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I think Joe Biden's speech was the best executed one that I saw. That is to say, I forgot that he didn't have a live audience etc there for a second.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

there is an official after party on the screen now lmao

twoday
May 4, 2005

Star Me Kitten posted:

Holy hell-- drove the poor guy insane.

nah he was fine, just put in a hellish situation

the shore was really beautiful, he figured out a nice way to deal with it

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Thanks for sharing your psychopath story. I should tell you mine one day.

Alright i'm out.

The comments here made the DNC worth watching.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

"staten island chuck" lmao

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

twoday posted:

nah he was fine, just put in a hellish situation

the shore was really beautiful, he figured out a nice way to deal with it

Oh i know. Just being hyperbolic.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

holy poo poo. an andy cohen aftershow. this really is a reality show

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

anderson coopers asking if trumps going to unveil a health care plan next week

only just realized at that moment that at no point at the convention did the democrats talk about their health care plan

there must have been two solid hours of generic troop fellation in there though

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

so did it bite him the next year too?

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

pancake rabbit posted:

"staten island chuck" lmao

I’m sorry but I have to say it

more like Staten Island cuck

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
the heart she holler but its biden on the tv instead

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

DarkEuphoria posted:

I’m sorry but I have to say it

more like Staten Island cuck

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Office Pig posted:

no one's going to help you :devil:

He was the only pundit who actually realized that the reason Warren lost wasnt sexism or whatever the rest of the media was saying but because she was too right wing (especially on m4a) for the left to trust her and too left wing for the center to trust her.

He just now said the energy for the biden speech tonight was actually good but it didnt have any specifcs, that his plan is to be as vague as possible and coast until election day

He also just said that he thinks biden is staking progressives vote for granted which is the reason for the vagueness

I think... I think... He might actually be a good pundit. At least when hes talking poo poo about the dems.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
this after-party is the end of satire

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

He was the only pundit who actually realized that the reason Warren lost wasnt sexism or whatever the rest of the media was saying but because she was too right wing (especially on m4a) for the left to trust her and too left wing for the center to trust her.

He just now said the energy for the biden speech tonight was actually good but it didnt have any specifcs, that his plan is to be as vague as possible and coast until election day

He also just said that he thinks biden is staking progressives vote for granted which is the reason for the vagueness

I think... I think... He might actually be a good pundit. At least when hes talking poo poo about the dems.

criminal underboss is a mandatory prerequisite for governorship of new jersey, he naturally has chops for this kind of garbage

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

only just realized at that moment that at no point at the convention did the democrats talk about their health care plan

to be fair, virtually none of the energy of the activist wing of the party is tied up in healthcare activism. It's mostly in pro-war hawkish stuff, like backing the coup in bolivia

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Was making deliveries with my ghost sensing bottle zoomer, how much of a shitheal trainwreck was this evening

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

Policy is for baby brained leftists who hate black people. Real Americans understand that politeness and empathy is the only thing that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the hero of the the night is my mom who called during joe so I easily ignored him