Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

SirPhoebos posted:

Yeah don't know what to say.

Should we start over?

I think we'll have to. Just hope we don't run into it again. I'm bummed because I had drawn Cobbler and Command Warren the first two turns. I'll figure out how to submit a bug report and maybe they can address it for the future.

Edit: I submitted the bug report via the Feedback option and will leave the game up and running for the devs to potentially have a look. I'll give it a little bit before I restart the game, in case the devs join and fix the problem.

Jcam fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I wonder if it was caused by the patch? Unfortunate but maybe we were too optimistic doing this in early access :smith:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I'm updating and re-creating the game (CaptainWiggles's Game) expecting GEMorris (birds) and Breadnought (WA)

I'm guessing the game was too old and closed or something behind the scenes? Anyway, having to re-create because GEMorris couldn't see the game for joining.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Aramoro, did you take your turn? The game has said that you're in the middle of your turn for about 24 hours now. It's possible you did and this is just another bug...

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't get involved in this but I thought the couple of Root memes in the OP were good.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jewmanji posted:

Aramoro, did you take your turn? The game has said that you're in the middle of your turn for about 24 hours now. It's possible you did and this is just another bug...

I have not, I looked last night and it was still the cats turn. I'll have a look, I thought it would notify me.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
This is canon

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Game is functional but have a couple odd things. Notifications are weird (I get notified it's my turn only to discover nothing new has happened) and die rolls in the recap are coming up strange (X results on both dice, adjusted to 3 and 3, and totally unrelated to the outcome.)

It works but seems a little half-baked.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Bottom Liner posted:

Game 1 - Game name Goon 1

CaptainWiggles+8251 - Cats
GEMorris - Birds
Breadnought+5863 - WA

:siren: Breadnought brought WA to victory in Goon Game 1! :siren:

Western Alliance

e: vvv Only close between you and WA! I was not a factor :yosbutt:

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 30, 2020

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
An incredibly close game and, man I thought tabletop gaming had prepared me for rng but wow that was a lot of 0's rolled all around.

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

Beasts and gentle-rodents of the forest, I am pleased to report that the Woodland Alliance has claimed a victory for animal kind! We've thrown off the yoke of the Cat and Bird Opressors who only have their own intentions at heart. They have stolen our labor and kept us under wicked paw and grasping claw for too long! Today we are free animals!

(GG well played! I almost shot myself in the foot at the end there by converting a one of my three units to sympathy before moving south into the rabbit clearing and lucked out with the dice. Also I drew like 5 ambushes.)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Very nice! If you three want to go ahead and do your next game just rotate the factions:

Game 1-2
Breadnaught : Eyrie
Gemorris : Cats
CaptainWiggles : WA

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I'll restart Goon Game 2 tonight, hopefully this time we can get through the entire thing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Jcam posted:

I'll restart Goon Game 2 tonight, hopefully this time we can get through the entire thing.

I actually managed to take my action.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

SirPhoebos posted:

I actually managed to take my action.

Oh! Then we can just keep going finally, they must have rectified whatever was happening after that bug report.

Nevermind, the game doesn't show up under my "Active" column now, so it must have timed me out and booted me.

Jcam fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 31, 2020

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Game 1-2 is live for joining
Breadnaught : Eyrie
Gemorris : Cats
CaptainWiggles : WA

Password 'goons' as usual.

KissOfTheSpiderMan
Oct 10, 2012

Not sure if the game gave you a notification Aramoro, but it needs you to check something before I can finish my turn.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

KissOfTheSpiderMan posted:

Not sure if the game gave you a notification Aramoro, but it needs you to check something before I can finish my turn.

I did not get a notification, I even checked it manually twice today but never actually went into the game. Done it now.

KissOfTheSpiderMan
Oct 10, 2012

I think the same thing happened with you FishStation, so once you make your choice I'll be all set.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So this is something that people generally need to check, if you get a choice the game will not notify you that it's your turn, it just waits in the person that is making you make the choices turn.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Bottom Liner posted:

Game 2 - Game name Goon 2

Weedlordgoku+8719 - Cats
WascallyWabbit+0024 - Birds
SirPhoebos+5330 - WA

I've relaunched Goon Game 2, sorry about the delay!

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Jcam posted:

I've relaunched Goon Game 2, sorry about the delay!

I've rejoined.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

I think the same thing happened with you FishStation, so once you make your choice I'll be all set.

I'm not getting a notification, and the server is once again not appearing in the list. Sorry :(

I'll wait a few hours and see if something comes through.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I think where people are getting stuck with no notification or indicator that you are needed is if you are being attacked and you have an active decision to make, like using an ambush card or sappers etc. Definitely needs improvement there.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Looks like a game waiting for players to join only waits around for a couple days before the server silently drops it.

A feature I'd like is the ability to see the map (not just the dice results) when considering whether to use an ambush or other card; if you didn't catch which clearing the fight is in and it's relevant to whether you want to spend your card(s) or not then :goleft:

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Agreed entirely. Also: is it possible for other players to see what specific cards are in the decree (not just the suit)? They get slipped in so quickly I barely have time to note it.

I did discover rather late that there痴 a fully zoomed out view which approximates the appearance of the real game fairly well and presents the board state in a much clearer fashion.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Same here -- I am pretty sure that in the interactive tutorial that level of zooming out is disallowed, so I never realized until someone here mentioned it.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I知 sorry that you池e being deprived of the opportunity to destroy my keep (at least for now). This bug may have saved me some humiliation in the end.

KissOfTheSpiderMan
Oct 10, 2012

Jewmanji posted:

I知 sorry that you池e being deprived of the opportunity to destroy my keep (at least for now). This bug may have saved me some humiliation in the end.

Aha, now I understand. The online version is all a plot by Big Cat!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

GEMorris posted:

I think where people are getting stuck with no notification or indicator that you are needed is if you are being attacked and you have an active decision to make, like using an ambush card or sappers etc. Definitely needs improvement there.

Yeah it only notifys you of your turn, not if you have to do something in general.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
I'm no longer seeing game 2 at all.

KissOfTheSpiderMan
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe go ahead and start up a new game? It booted me for not finishing my turn in time.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

ZeusJupitar posted:

I'm no longer seeing game 2 at all.

I couldn't see it either, just remade.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
drat this is hella interesting! I知 down if we open up a fourth game.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I think our game is fully dead, it no longer even says its anyones turn.

KissOfTheSpiderMan
Oct 10, 2012

Aramoro posted:

I think our game is fully dead, it no longer even says its anyones turn.

True, I'm still interested in a new game if you both are too.

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

Hey GEMorris, I think it's waiting on you to pick casualties.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

True, I'm still interested in a new game if you both are too.

Yeah I知 still up for it. I知 on vacation until Friday but maybe we could start back up over the weekend?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Breadnought posted:

Hey GEMorris, I think it's waiting on you to pick casualties.

Done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jewmanji posted:

Yeah I知 still up for it. I知 on vacation until Friday but maybe we could start back up over the weekend?

absolutely we can rerack it and see if it works this time.