Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Achtane posted:

I love this thread.

I started reading it to try to figure out what to get for secret santa but it really is a great thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Yeah, just chiming in - still following along and definitely enjoying the thread. I just feel like here, as in so many threads, I don’t have a ton to add so I just read and don’t post after every update.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

honda whisperer posted:

Never tried turbo civic life myself. I've worked on and driven a ton though. Weird how a car can roll through a friend group. For a while my DD was an EG hatch that I was the third owner of without it changing where it parked.

It's weird because I know that's happening because I do the same thing but brains are dumb.

Some of my friends finished their vaccines recently and i got to share that whiskey with them. Very popular, thanks again.

Ask away. I love explaining the theory behind this stuff.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it.

honda whisperer posted:

-Defroster something. Rain sucks. Blind in the rain suck harder.

Can you just run the vents on heat? Might get a little warm in the car if you do that though.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

honda whisperer posted:

Got the email today tunings done and I can drive it. Hooray.

I figure there's been enough heat cycling to give it another torque check.

Ahhh not crawling around is amazing. Probably did the whole thing in less time than getting it on stands would have taken.

Coating check. Probably an hour of driving, lots of full throttle / high rpm. The real test will be autox or better a track day.

The only issues are places I scratched it. No discoloration or bubbling. I'd say it's still the good stuff with a big I haven't tracked it * right there.

Looks good. What rad color will you do next time so that if you ever flip folks will be like "wow, that is horrific, but my man has excellent taste"?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Brisket is good. Cars is good. Thread is good.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I laughed at that little look at the wall. Good job not crashing.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

honda whisperer posted:

I did not realize it was rainbow chrome before putting it on and its glorious.

What other color could it possibly be? :hellyeah:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
That looks great. Painting them a cool color I hope?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
https://painthuffer.bigcartel.com/product/purple-haze

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

honda whisperer posted:

Poured 5 gallons of gas in the ffr and low and behold it starts and idles like a dream. After putting the fuel cell in I only added about 3 gallons so if there was an issue I could get it back out.

Fuel gauge still reads 00. gently caress. I'll look at that later.

Then I cranked up Benny hill and got the brz on the lift. Road trip coming up so I thought I'd give it a quick once over and make sure the header bolts were still tight. About 2k miles since install.

Maybe a little soot? No obvious leaks. It sounds fine driving. It sounds awful on startup but always goes back to normal maybe 30 seconds after start. The internet says that's normal and a leak sounds like rod knock.

99% peace of mind before 9hrs one way. Everything else was fine. Coatings holding up beautifully.

Reading the stories about track days making them back out plus the engine being high strung I think I'll order gaskets and hardware, copper spray them, and safety wire the whole mess. Won't sweat it short term though. I bet if I have parts on hand it's never an issue.

Ffr checklist for auto x

Fuel gauge? Not required
Doube check fuel pressure.
Set timing
Install and test cool suit
Tires
Trailer tires.
Bleed brakes one last time just because.
More gas.

Still looking forward to your first race videos. Please be sure to post them.

And still disappointed your headers couldn’t be painted in something bright. Coating definitely looks like it’s held up great though so that’s excellent.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Those wheels still look just great.