Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I have an 3rd gen Civic I need to repair rust holes in, but my heart belongs to the EF, it's just the right mix of soft-edged angles and still has the full width rear plastics of the 3rd gen.

This project is awesome, you're a talented Honda Whisperer for sure!

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

honda whisperer posted:

Thanks! 3rd gen civics are awesome too, they're light as hell and even rarer. I do agree on the styling though.

A friend of mine also has a 3rd gen and is doing what you're doing, swapping in a newer, bigger engine. She's got a b18 and is putting ITBs on it.

Tiny Hondas with chunky engines are the best, this thread is going to be so satisfying.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nice, nice.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I learned to weld in various positions (mig) but the momentary blasts in weird positions don't feel bad at all.

...and then you start working on cars laying on your back trying to wedge your head into a wheel well and it suddenly becomes the worst poo poo ever. Tig seems like a huge ball ache in situations like that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The fact they're made from the flimsiest tin is why they're so good though.

Definitely wouldn't want to crash one at any sort of speed. Or indeed have a loving SUV try to cave my head in from the side. You were lucky on that one, yeesh.

Build is still rad. My friend has the engine in her 3G and spent the day taking apart and refurbing the alternator on the b16. Looks like new!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

honda whisperer posted:

I love ai. That was great advice all around.

Massive improvement over the first two. Picked up a lot of fine detail too. I think better lighting and some more practice and this could be a viable.

Oh boy, this is super cool.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Oven cleaner is some truly violent stuff. The best non-melt-your-lungs product I found for grease is Bilt-Hamber's Surfex HD but no idea if it exists outside the UK. It's a concentrate that you can water down a lot but it really does a cracking job on oils and such. Spray on, agitate a little and then just hose/spray off.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

On more than one occasion I've welded something, ground the welds and then laid another bead so it looks better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That looks pretty clean underneath for an 08!