Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdvilSmith
Aug 15, 2014

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Howdy fellow honda owners. I have a question that maybe you can help me with.

My 1994 Honda Accord EX, m/t has a RR trailing arm bushing that is hosed. Everywhere I look, that part is discontinued. So my question is this: which bushing should I get to press it in the trailing arm? Can you even do that with these? Am I SOL? Should I just zip tie it and hope it holds up?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdvilSmith
Aug 15, 2014

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.

honda whisperer posted:

^^^

Depends on exactly what arm / bushing you mean. Option B would be aftermarket poly bushings. These have some daily driver downsides but would work. Prothane and energy suspension would be options to consider.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/honda,1994,accord,2.2l+l4,1167263,suspension,control+arm+bushing,7532

Pics of the exact bushing would help us narrow it down.

Yeah I didn't think to take a picture. That woud have been a smart thing to do. I do have the service manual though.

AdvilSmith
Aug 15, 2014

I looked through rockauto five different times looking for that drat part and looked over it every time lol. Replacing the entire arm is definitely preferred and what I will end up doing now.