Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yes, that inline flaring tool is the way to go. The only downside with that one is it's just a single size - fine if all you need to flare is 3/16 but if you need to do anything else you'll want to pick up a more complete set.

That and some copper brake line made redoing the axle brake lines on my truck a goddamn breeze. It really is easy to work with, you won't need any sort of bending tools unless you're trying to do too sharp of a bend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

honda whisperer posted:

Flares like a dream though.

It really does. I'll never use anything else given the choice.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I *think* it's okay for fuel too but for that I'm sold on pushlok hose / AN fittings. I redid most of my C10's fuel system with that and it's the first time I've ever put together a new fuel system and had absolutely zero drips of any kind on the first try. Yes, you could use a combination of hardline and AN hose but IMO it's less work to just P-clip the hose the whole way instead of converting from hose to hardline and back again.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

8th Gen Si is a great car, buy one

Agreed. My only reservation at this point would be finding one that hasn't been abused by a chucklefuck that doesn't know what they're doing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If you want to make future services easier, use a Lubelocker instead of RTV

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I have them exclusively on stamped steel covers right now. No problems whatsoever.

They are semi reusable too. LubeLocker doesn't guarantee it but so far I haven't had one leak yet after multiple reuses.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That is some absolutely pro-tier wrenching music, too.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Why not replace the whole trailing arm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, just replace the whole arm.

It's quite possible that the original arm wasn't meant to have a serviceable bushing, and that bushing looks like it would be a giant pain to deal with anyway. Then consider that most auto parts get installed by shops, and if you're paying for labor there's no way a $40-70 arm comes out more expensive than just the labor alone to get that bushing out.