Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

honda whisperer posted:

Not sure. 05 accord donor to 07 accord that jumped timing.

Both 4 cylinders.

K24a4. Just a heads up the 07 has a DBW throttle body (and a k24a8), and the 05 has a cable throttle. Probably best for sanity’s sake to take the entire intake plenum off the 07 and swap that to the new engine- you can’t just swap throttle bodies over- there’s a different cutout for the cabled ones’ IACV . Also if one is manual and one auto, the auto has an extra vacuum fitting on the plenum for the front motor mount.

The k24z engines came in the next [08-13 or so] generation of accords.

E: oh yeah, awesome thread. Nice to someone else whose work let’s them use the machine shop off the clock- can’t say I’ve ever been that ambitious. I’m SUPER jealous of your work space.

glyph fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT.

There’s a harness connector in the pillar for the doors? You mean to tell me when I swapped passenger doors with my parts car, I didn’t have to gently caress around with removing the vapor barrier and threading the harness out one door and into the other?

loving DUH. :doh: :doh: :doh: I’d only ever seen connectors like that on the door side of the rubber boot, not on the pillar side.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

honda whisperer posted:

Standing there, proud of my accomplishments for the day, I saw this.

Then I saw this

gently caress!

I thought there might be some issue donating an 05 engine to an 07 chassis but I was hoping there wouldn't be.

Both are k24 with the RAA head. All Ive found after looking more closely is just the drive by wire. I'm hoping that if I move the throttle body and wiring harness over I'll be good. So odds are I'll get everything together, then have to swap the transmission or something once it's in the car. Research is a nightmare since honda forums are bad. Signal to noise is just awful.

Off to order a throttle body gasket now.

Heyyyyyoooo.

glyph posted:

K24a4. Just a heads up the 07 has a DBW throttle body (and a k24a8), and the 05 has a cable throttle. Probably best for sanity’s sake to take the entire intake plenum off the 07 and swap that to the new engine- you can’t just swap throttle bodies over- there’s a different cutout for the cabled ones’ IACV . Also if one is manual and one auto, the auto has an extra vacuum fitting on the plenum for the front motor mount.

Edit:

honda whisperer posted:

Got the intake manifold off the running engine along with the whole engine harness. Not sure yet how I'm going to attack the updated one. It's got some massive plastic tank under it blocking all the bolts on the bottom.

That black box on the inside of the 07 intake manifold is a resonator (unfortunately tricky to delete and plug the hole without some creativity and machining). You should be able to get a socket on an extension through the intake runners to get to the studs.

It’s probably too late now, but I have two RBB (TSX) intake manifolds if you want one.

E2. DO NOT FORGET THE BUNG FOR THE MOTOR MOUNT VACUUM. It loving SUCKS to either forget to connect it or cap it. Ask me how I know.

glyph fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 16, 2020

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Speaking of, I have a set of 05-12 RL 4 piston calipers I pulled a while back. I'm tired of looking at them, and too lazy to list them on ebay of whatever. I have a hunch your brake situation is sorted with the integra calipers, but if you want to go a different route, send a PM.