Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Freudian slippers posted:

Yeah, a little something like this. I remember I had a run in CK2 where I was really up against it, but managed to snag a kick rear end commoner general who saved my bacon numerous times. I put him on my council, went out of my way to find a lovely lady to marry him to, heaped land and titles upon him and when my character died, he took one look at my heir, decided that the thirty year long friendship with his dad did not outweigh his disgust over the "short reign penalty" and promptly rebelled. So I put him down, and had him executed. Would have been cool to have them carry on the bonds of friendship, though.

Yeah, something like this might do the trick. Thanks!

On the other hand, it does make a kick rear end story about a super ambitious commoner who schemes his way into power and betrays the crown as soon as the weaker son takes the seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Something, something, hair to the throne..

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

bob dobbs is dead posted:

being poo poo at war is a proud 20-year paradox games tradition, excluding hoi4, i guess

I wouldn't go so far as to exclude hoi4...