Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

My body is ready but my wallet is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hyped as hell based on that religion screen.

It shows what amounts to a fundamental rework of and expansion on the reform mechanics from CKII and in a way that I think i'll like.

I don't preorder cause of SOTS2 though so... next weeeeeek.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

People talking about african sorority thunderdome haven't experienced.

African GENIUS sorority thunderdome.

I started an ironman run with Daurama. In my previous non ironman experiences the starting rival (who has great intrigue) murders you fast. so I uh... killed husband snake slayer since I had decent odds on him. I remarried to a nice genius fellow and heirs, so many heirs, everywhere. Almost all of them got genius as well

Which by the way there is a dynastic upgrade decision if you can get someone as dynastic head who is a Genius/Beauty/Herc(amazon) who has at least 1 positive level of the other two traits and no negatives. So I have made that my goal for the future.

However without being murdered early it turns out having GREAT diplomacy and then going seduction focus lets you blob fairly nice and sets for an easy reformation of the Bori faith.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

AStrangeDuelist posted:

How does seduction focus help?

going that route provides an immediate opinion boost with men which at that start is EVERY other ruler in africa effectively. This makes things easier to diplomacy, the fertility boost is good for pumping out a metric ton of heirs which if you want the achievement you actually do desire because even though there will be thunderdome it will ensure your dynasty is around and in power. More importantly you start with a trait that lets you get some learning lifestyle exp every 5 years so you can still make some progress towards prophet before you actually pull the trigger on that lifestyle to get the -50% boost so you can reform Bori. Going learning really early is not the greatest because you don't have the accumulated piety yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Oh also, the genius trait and the intellect congential trait provides a lifestyle exp boost. so its GREAT

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Kinda tricky if it's an IRL friend of mine that I just got excommunicated because he dared me to.

Get 100 dread so he can find no one to help him because all the ai's will be scared piss-less.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Got the divine blood decision to fire

it pretty much locks in your dynasty having the positive congential traits... Forever :getin:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Guys... there is an option in feasts if you have multiple rivals... to kill everyone at the feast but you with fire... and it apparently has no fail chance?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The burn down your own feast event is GREAT.

I am Also grinding out achievements.
the Almost There one is stupidly easy.

Start out (make sure ironman is on)
Raise one level 5 unit of onagers and wait for them to reinforce.
Pop decision, invade bulgaria and just siege your way into pannonia smashing the weak rear end bulgarian army apart when they show up.
Win the war and use the loot from sieging to get piety and convert.

Took me 15 minutes.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Retroblique posted:

Interesting random character find:

Charna of House Frostwhisper, a bisexual albino who's shy, ambitious, stubborn, an intricate webweaver, administrator and journaler. I've found my new Spymaster! But really I kinda want to give her a title and then take House Frostwhisper on to glory, because they kinda have a cool shield design.

Get Her dynasty going, get her or a dynastic heir be a crusade benefactor. switch and play.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Whole of body is a great tree to go on as well, even if you have no learning education.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

I only use the intrigue tree when I'm a vassal and I want to go around loving (and loving with) all the other vassals just for fun. I'm doing a run right now where I started as a duke in the Byzantine Empire. I seduced the empress, and we had a couple secret babies together. I also got her to matrilineally marry her first legitimate son to my daughter and then my dynasty was ruling the empire after a couple generations. Of course that didn't last because my daughter ended up having only daughters herself, and the AI doesn't do matrilineal marriages I guess so they all got married off to other dynasties.

If I'm an independent ruler, I pretty much don't touch the intrigue tree except to maybe pick up a couple of the perks under torturer and schemer, and that's usually only if I really need to get back at some people.

There are a handful of lifestyle trees I almost never touch, Theologian (unless I need to reform my religion), Patriarch/Matriarch, Administrator, Gallant, and Seducer. There's some good stuff in each of those trees, but I find the good ones are way too far down the list, and I have to work my way through a bunch of perks that have little benefit to me. Meanwhile, I almost always go for the Scholar tree, and if I'm broke, Avaracious.

Avaricious is utterly delicious, especially early game if you are even relatively decent sized 1600 gold on average every 5 years,

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I became the king of fashion apparently, and LITERALLY I GOT A KINGDOM TIER TITLE FOR IT.

This game is great

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Serephina posted:

Lucky fucker, I only had that happen once and the game promptly crashed and so I never saw that title again. You should set it as your primary!

I'm an emperor already so I can't but its nice to have

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Setting plagues to "All the time" has been interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Loving the new plague shenanigans, setting stuff to apocalypse, organic black death, repeatable.

I did a custom irish ruler with all the health boosting traits so I would live, starting as an infant single county. By the time I reached adulthood... most of the british isles were down to dev 0, have lost several children to plague so far even with the multiple irish wives popping them out like candy.

Managed to put together enough of an army to start uniting the isles which was easier than expected due to the plagues just wiping out everything. Started up a legend to go for the count achievement, in that mean time apoc consumption came through and ate half my dynasty including my male heirs, I culture shifted irish to equal and imposed equal inheritence at that point so my large adult daughter would be first in line.

Now that the legend is complete, time to conquer ALL of albion.