Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

What are muslim mechanics like?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Congenital traits have a chance to reinforce (upgrade).

Excited to breed a line of Olympian chads.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ilitarist posted:

You might say there are no good 4X cause the whole industry seems stuck trying to modernize Master of Orion 2. Which is remembered fondly partly cause we didn't care about UI and balance and having a race of greedy nosy gnomes one of which is called Zog.

Right

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Looks like they came down on the side of "definitely loving" regarding Urraca and Alfonso VI. Funny, but probably gonna annoy alot of the ubernationalist types.

I'm not familiar with this.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'm just gonna set up a timer until the first full nude mods come out, then the anime character mods, and then the nude anime character mods. For a mapgame.

I give you a week

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

Really excited to cuckold my relatives
this is to go further...BEYOND

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Was just trying to form Lithuania and I look over to notice that the HRE had absorbed poland and Hungary whole. :yikes:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Baron Porkface posted:

How do I attach armies?

I was wondering the same thing

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

First serious game after realizing that playing a feudal European would be awful was forming Lithuania. Managed to do it before my first chief died but now the HRE manged to absorb part of Polotsk (previously putting down a rebellion by hungary and poland) and I'm just going :gonk:.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Do you just stay sick forever?
Also how does raiding for non vikings?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It also seems that whole of body is a...good first path to down?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Took the Hamminid dude in Algeria for a spin what kind of men at arms should I be making?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Swedish Horror posted:

There are a lot of weirdly hidden things in this game.

Holy poo poo dude

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*taking a hard look at the knight system*
:hmmyes:
Battletech mod when?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

Bit of a late reply but there is a MapGoons discord server for all Paradox games, it's pretty active. This discord link is here for goons that want to join, should be active for about a day.

https://discord.gg/zB2kKh

RE: we attempted to do a 25 member game today, it did not go well

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

They need to let upgraded tribal buildings carry over when you feudalize imo.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Are there jain rulers in the 1066 start?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Reveilled posted:

I think the way every single lifestyle tree feels genuinely useful is probably my favourite thing about this whole game. Back in CK2 it was basically Stewardship or Martial when small, and then Diplomacy once big, but all of the trees have really awesome abilities in them such that I don't at all feel like my heir has to get a good diplomacy education to be worth a drat, and the fact you're not locked in to your education too is a huge benefit. My previous emperor had a good stewardship education, but after picking up a few talents on the right tree, I switched to Scholarship for the rest of his life and by the end of it he was rocking 32 Learning, had Converted the realm to a Gnostic-Incestuous version of Insular Christianity, and unlocked our first High Medieval Innovation. What a champ.

Hard disagree with stewardship being good as a non vassal except for a quick detour into avarice for money and hooks and discounted man at arms for being a complete dreadful bastard. The administration and architecture trees very much seem like a thing you so for when you managed to snag a strong complete duchy with primogeniture or something in the hre and want to spend a lifetime pimping your heirs ride to the imperial crown.
Whole of body is also kinda trash to complete (BUT VERY USEFUL TO DIP INTO) and would probably be massively improved if it allowed you to transform your court into the stress free dictatorship of the swoleteriant superhumans. Scholarship is correctly identified as bonkers good and basically let's you skip other trees. Theologian is... situationally ok.
Overseerer seems pretty bad except I usually dip into the first perk for free dread. Strategist is pretty good if you are gonna be constantly warmongering but gets strong competition from chivalry turning you and your knightly lads into gods of war and the bedroom. So I think there is a temptation to split the difference.
Intrigue seems pretty powerful with probably the best first pick (from seduction) and focus of the game for a cool +50% fertility out of the gate. While the other two trees have some extremely powerful options and synergies but you can only pick one unless you wanna fill out one and reset perks later.
Diplomacy seems good as both a dip and a main focus. It's only been in the last couple of days that I finally realized how bonkers this life style can be for muslims and pagans because of their specific gimmicks. Lots of good stuff for everyone in here but the diplomat tree and the later parts of the family tree seem a bit weak. But the prestige one has incredibly bonkers syngeries with other trees.
Man I wrote alot.
Tldr: stewardship, seduction, diplomat, whole of bosy and overseerer trees probably need a little rework but otherwise they are pretty fun and engaging to work with.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Reveilled posted:

No way, the administration tree is extremely useful for an independent ruler, there's perks for increasing vassal opinion (especially councillors) and increasing the rate at which tyranny decays. If you've taken most of those perks and make sure your powerful vassals are on the council, you can just straight up revoke multiple duchies without claims at once with impunity. Another perk in that tree makes vassals outside your de jure much easier to manage, and in addition to the development perks in the architect tree, there's also one for increasing popular opinion in your counties, which means you can easily rule over an entire domain of wrong culture/religion counties without difficulty.

Hmm good points there

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

I touched on this earlier, the intrigue "fabricate secrets" will literally change this in the debug menu.

Homosexual or asexual characters, therefor ones not actually valid as a target for seduction (by a man, anyhow) can have their child's "real father" overwritten with the intrigue options. Intrigue is literal sorcery.

A plot against reality itself!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean they didnt remove the clutter it will be back in expansions

Quoting this post for posterity.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I honestly don’t know if this is for or against

True neutral

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Careful pissing off vengeful characters, they will never stop trying to get revenge. I raided some vengeful dude in Gwynedd 20 years ago, and he is still trying to murder me with schemes.

That actually owns incredibly hard and I'm gonna aggro vengeful characters when I want to kick the bucket from now on.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Does True Christian Knight status exist in ck3?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I honestly think there should more innovations that directly upgrade your levies. Like the late middle ages should be letting you pass out the halbreds and cheap armory half plate or whatever instead of still showing up with a rotted round shield and grandpa's long axe.
Fake edit: like I dunno maybe have an innovation that fires after the black death arrives or something

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 8, 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GOTY

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Taear posted:

With the Lithuanian faith (that was called Romuva but now I can never remember the name) it's quite easy to reform in theory because all the holy sites are nice and close to you but getting to the right level of faith without collapsing is really drat hard considering who you neighbour.

Learning lifestyle wins again. :grin:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ultrachrist posted:

Wow, smallpox is like a 'gently caress you, game over' button. Killed my ruler and my heir and left me in control of 1 year old. Ironically, the baby had smallpox FIRST and I intentionally left him to die, but he recovered. If he had just loving died, I'd have played my adult daughter and possibly salvaged the game.

The even worse 'gently caress you' is that moments before my uncles dismantled my realm, I hit the 500 gold I needed to form a kingdom (following my contribution in the crusade for Jerusalem) but it did NOT pop the achievement for acquiring a kingdom-tier title from a Haestein of Nantes. Do you have to literally be Haestein when acquiring it? I guess it doesn't say "Starting..." like other achievements. That's probably it.

Since I snagged the king title, the doublecrossing uncles who stole my titles are still my vassals. I suppose I could rule as a puppet king but not sure how I'd spin that around. Guaranteed one of my rivals gobbles up my divided lands soon anyhow. Stupid smallpox. Stupid uncles.

I just got the achievement it dosen't really take that long.
Immediately declare on brittany--->raid and plot against euges and Charles the Bald---> invade Ireland or Devon for a second duchy title---> raid until you got 500 gold---> get cheevo and in my case get murder by charles after getting it on with your new concubine one last time.
All in all not a bad life :v:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Zohar posted:

You have enough extra troops that you have a lot of options for where to found your kingdom. I did a short game to grab the cheevo earlier and invaded north Africa to form a custom Kingdom of Tunis because why not.

Oh man that sounds good as hell dude.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Piell posted:

Holy poo poo Shy is debilatating. You get stress for Swaying people and Feasts don't bring down stress, it's terrible

Yeah it's legit one of the worst traits in the game compared to the boring stat modifier it was before.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Boot and Rally posted:

I'm not sure I understand the seduction perk tree, or seduction of people that aren't currently your spouse in general. The only two things I can see it doing are:
1) It is funny to sleep with your enemy's spouse
2) You're not getting kids from your spouse and need to legitimize a bastard or two
2a) Maybe someone else has better traits than your spouse and you want those in your dynasty or something?

Am I missing some cool way to turn seduction into renown or title claims?

I thought the point if it was that you dip into stewardship real quick for golden obligations as an attractive queen or whatever and then use the hooks generated to findom your vassals and neighbors or something. Then you can reset the perk tree when get old or something and get really into murder.
Also dipping into it for 30% fertility is pretty good.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Actually come to think I genuinely forget to reset my perk tree. Does anyone have a favorite time to do so?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

strong bird posted:

the more i play and think about it the less i like the embarkation system. its really a cop-out and it facilitates extremely bad AI behaviour like using it as dunkirk circa 867 AD and allowing really stupid wars to be level-pegging and making intercontinental alliances viable instead of rare. im sure the king of scotland would love an alliance with byzantium but it shouldnt happen because it should be prohibitively expensive in gold and men to sail 10k men from constantinople to meath. but the AI doesnt take that into consideration and theyll happily spend 4 months sailing across the known world to make the alliance happen

There is literally no reason not to have a naval combat system in game. It doesn't have to be complicated or give you lots of capabilities but it needs to reflect the fact that there were still naval battles in the middle ages instead of hand waving it away.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

strong bird posted:

im not certain about naval warfare being neccessary but its stupid that, lets say Venice or whatever has the same naval capacity as some tribal opm up in the frozen wastes

Like the innovation system is right there to give Vikings, Italians, byzantines and arabs good boats at an age appropriate level but it's like they just want to not have to deal with naval units at all when it's obviously part of the setting.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm with Paradox, I don't want to deal with naval units for any reason. Boats have never been fun in any strategy game not Literally About Boats.

:hmmyes:
But they need to represent the how these guys got into boat slapfights somehow.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

How do I deal with Catholic Sweden as pagan, tribal finland?
They took a strip of land on the west coast and they got twice the number of troops as I do. :ohdear:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The nudism adds nothing to the game and makes it embarrassing to play.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Magil Zeal posted:

You can turn it off.

I already do, but I meant like in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Maybe advanced succession types should be unlocked earlier for a primary ducal holding?