Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hopping back into CK3 after not playing for around a year, it's changed a lot huh? I noticed you can get achievements without being on ironman now, that's a huge departure from how paradox has done things for the past decade or so.

I've somehow managed to never do a Haesteinn start so I'm gonna go conquer the papacy and see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Magil Zeal posted:

It started with Victoria 3 and I'm glad they back-ported it to CK3. I've never gotten an achievement in a Paradox game before V3 because I don't really play Paradox games unmodded, but now I can actually do achievement runs.

Oh poo poo you can get them on modded games now too? That's huge.

Last night I finally reformed paganism and adopted feudalism as a pagan for the first time which felt way more complicated than it should have been but it was a fun time.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Accolades make no loving sense and the bonuses are wildly disparate in power level. Also tournaments seem completely worthless so I stopped going to them and likely won't interact with that system at all until I decide to go for the cheevos.

The changes to hunting, feasts, pilgrimages, etc. Are kinda neat I guess.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Elevating the Kingdom of Mann is a pain in the rear end and leaves you with a gaping hole where your wallet should be once you accomplish it, in my experience. Raiding barely paid for the MaA expenses needed to do the raiding.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh hell yes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What in the goddamn

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

8-Bit Dracula posted:

New player, question about marriage and dynasties.

I'm on my first ruler playing as Uppland in Sweden. Made my own dynasty with a martial focused character. I've founded the kingdom of Sweden (all of the De Jure title counties conquered under the kingdom title), founded the kingdom of Norway (almost entirely vassalised and under my control) and I just won a kingdom conquest against Denmark. I executed their king and his heir owns a small part of Norway after the war and has no real alliances or military strength to threaten me.

Now I'm looking to hand out my surplus counties from Denmark since I'm far above my domain limit. I plan on keeping Sjaelland as my own and ditch Gotland. My strategy is as follows:

- Matrilineally marry my daughters to suitable men of the northern germanic culture and grant the titles to their husbands, keeping their heirs and therefore future vassals within my dynasty. Is this a sound strategy?
- If I marry my bastard daughters in the same fashion, will their heirs found new dynasties or stay as my own? I've not yet converted to catholicism but I think my next ruler will (in maybe 20-30 years, current ruler is 43).

Matrilineally marrying your daughters to men without children and giving the men titles is a pretty solid strategy, though you have to be careful in case something gets the women killed or kidnapped before they have children. This is also a great way to get high prowess knights or characters with high skills to serve as councilors.

Bastards won't work unless you legitimize them first.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

whats dyre?

not much what's dyre with you?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

binge crotching posted:

For sheer chaos and carnage you can't go wrong with Northern Lords

Northern Lords is worth it for the music alone, imo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Eimi posted:

The music changing based off what you're doing was a good idea, but the CK3 ost is so much worse than ck2. Every time you boot up ck2 and hear the harp strings as you hop characters is awesome.

Totally agreed on the base game music, but the Northern Lords soundtrack absolutely fucks hard imo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

scaterry posted:

Currently, it looks like plagues and legends use the same 'system'-- a barony spread chance with modifiers. You can assign court positions to tasks (court physician for plagues, court chronicler for legends) to modify this probability. I didn't see any decisions like closing the borders, though. Given this, the CK3 equivalent is probably moving your realm capital to an island. Or better yet, just moving out of the region entirely

Praying for a southward map expansion so we can play on Madagascar

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I don't really get the desire for completely different game modes in CK3. Like why not just play a different game at that point, like mount and blade or something

I'd much rather they focus on making the existing game more deep and interesting tbh

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hihohe posted:

I truly treat this game more like an RPG than a 4x game. with that in mind, changing how characters interact with the game world excites me as it allows me to play wildly different characters in the same world.

In that way the existing game is more deep and interesting as it has more deep and interesting characters.

If it can be done, why not.

Do you just play a single nation in this game every time, or do you mix it up?

I mix it up, but frequently find myself running into the same things over and over within single playthroughs. I'd rather have more things to do in one dynasty than have lots of different kinds of dynasties that all repeat themselves over and over, if that makes sense?

CK3 feels like a wide but shallow pond, much moreso than CK2.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

scaterry posted:

Just finished a WC in one year
Writeup here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKi...web2x&context=3

Honestly I'm just happy to finish this before the dlc drops.

what the gently caress

how long did this take you in irl hours? Just to execute, not even including all of the planning I'm sure you had to do

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

Then that should be reflected in those specific circumstances rather than the default being "every time a ruler passes on, half the realm revolts because they can't conceptualize that the old boss eventually dies"

That's pretty realistic though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What are some interesting things to do that RICE adds to the game?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If they just added a "hard" difficulty setting that makes AI armies have infinite supply it would make warfare in this game so much less dumb to play

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The reformed religion pressure thing would feel less lovely if there were any other means of reforming a religion besides owning its holy sites. If I'm Norse and adventure out to somewhere nowhere near Scandinavia, I have no option but to convert. At least add some kind of religion hybridization thing like there is for culture, because that's kinda how religion worked in real life.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

alcaras posted:

Researching and learning a bit more, looks like my mistake was just granting _everything_ to one guy, instead of granting to about domain limit and then granting to barony theocrats under him -- theocrats won't make more theocrats above barony. This was a helpful video in learning the intricacies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUrZKRNp7Q

This is a very helpful video thank you.

EDIT: Does any of this apply to other base religions besides Christianity? I'm currently playing a Muslim game and it seems to have some weird differences with regards to how temple ownership works

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 22, 2024

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Revoking the title would work, at the cost of some tyranny (and I think legitimacy now?)

Murdering him would make his current heir replace him as ruler of the title he currently has, and that person may or may not also be the next in line after him to inherit England. You can check that by going to the title and checking its line of succession at the bottom.

You can fabricate a claim on his title, which would allow you to revoke it without a penalty (or maybe just less of one? I haven't done this in a while)

If you are a feudal government and have the Royal Perogative innovation researched you can increase your Crown Authority to 3 to prevent titles from being inherited outside of the realm. This would make the earldom pass on to his heir when he inherits England.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm a bit confused and don't know what's causing my current situation.

I am unable to get remarried after my spouse died. Playing as a Muwalladi Muslim in Iberia, my secondary spouses and then primary spouse all died within the past ~year or so and it doesn't give me the option to even select myself as an option to propose marriage to anyone else. Am I missing something obvious?

I'm using RICE and a couple of cosmetic mods but nothing like this was happening in this or any prior game I've played with that modset on this version so it seems unlikely to be a mod issue

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Find Spouse isn't even an option on the right click menu :(

The game seems to be treating my character as though he's already married basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Video unavailable This video is not available