Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
loving hyped. pre ordered the game even tho I got burnt badly by Imperator but after watching the streams this looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

downloading now. Been waiting all day, got like an hour of work done toady. So loving hype

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Is there a map mode to see the level of control in counties or a bar or something somewhere? I Keep getting the pop up but it's annoying I can't seem to find an overview or ledger.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Qubee posted:

What is this orange line going from a character to my capital?

It shows the vassal hierarchy, if you click on a count it shows count > Duke > King.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Does dwarf count as a bad Congenital trait? I'm playing as the dwarven kingdom as Jerusalem and I wanna keep my family dwarven so I'm not sure if I should go for resilient bloodline legacy.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

ya both dwarf, albino, and giant are bad - but you can pick them as focus genetic traits further down the legacy tree

Thanks, good to know I can continue with my medieval eugenics project and create a dwarf kingdom.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Ck3 definitely needs some balance patches and some more content to make different regions and cultures stand out more. Other than that it's a really solid game. I've already got more hours in it than Imperator and while certain bugs are annoying I reckon most things will be solved pretty quick.

It's also hilarious to play multiplayer, scheming and murdering friends. Played as dukes in France with 2 friends. I murdered one of my friends character the Duke of toulouse. The other guy, Duke of Flanders gets suspicious and starts looking for secrets at my court and find that I murdered our friend. Meanwhile the new Duke of toulouse blames the Duke of flanders, abducts and tortures him into revealing it was me. Unfortunately he can't take his revenge on me because I get imprisoned and executed for sleeping with the Kings wife.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Promethium posted:

Total exclave independence and the HRE do not mix, apparently:

Happened in my latest game too, HRE had taken over most of Europe when it suddenly exploded.

I'd like a patch now paradox, it's been 3 weeks. I have the rest of the week off and want to play CK3.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Is there anyway to see all the titles someone is gonna inherit? If I hover over them it just says heir to x and x and 6 other titles?

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Catholicism constantly having low fervor makes it really annoying to convert smaller religions and their 100% fervor. I know theres learning tree perk that removes the fervor aspect but I don't like having to focus on learning just cause some bishop in lappland got horny.

Also paradox please do something about the never ending waves of populist rebels, I'm trying to reconquer iberia and mopping up populist rebels every 6 months just feels like a chore.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

It doesn't even have to be Jerusalem, I converted to Outremer culture after winning a crusade in Morocco

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

I wish you could to negotiate feudal terms when vassalise someone or when you become a vassal of someone. Like if your duke is in a bad situation and the only way to survive is to swear fealty to the neighbouring King, the king should be able to demand more concessions and the opposite if you're stable and powerful, then you could negotiate more freedom and lower taxes etc. when you swear fealty.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Wtf, how did you do that in 44 years?

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

scaterry posted:

I put my writeup here. It's pretty in-depth.

edit: my very small request to the devs. please make outremer (culture) outremer (color)

Yeah, I'm impressed and also confident I'd never have the patience for that after reading your guide.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

pidan posted:

To be fair, if some rando is sitting in your dungeon, ranting and raving all day about how much he hates you, you'll probably be happy when he's gone, even if you didn't really care about him as a person.
And yeah, free stress loss :v:

Your prison guards probably assume it's someone you hate, why else would you keep some dude in the dungeon for 20 years if not to punish your rival. Then when they finally die and the guards tell the king

"My liege, your imprisoned rival has passed away"
"Who? What rival? I have prisoners?"

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Torrannor posted:

If you hybridize a culture, how does it work out which skin color new courtiers of your culture have? I've trekked to sub-Saharan Africa as Haestein to try out whether the canoes and dragonboat techs stack. I've hybridized my culture with Malinke, but I noticed that all new courtiers/nobles are white. I think I set the settlement graphics, armor, names and dynasty shield to "Norse" when hybridizing, so that may be the reason why? Or is it solely dependent on the parent culture you're starting from? It's kind of creepy, how do I go about this to ensure my culture's characters aren't lily white?

Culture doesn't affect skin colour. Your characters physical appearance is inherted from their parents genetics. Marry and have children with someone from the area and your children will be darker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Serephina posted:

He's talking about new courtiers spun out of thin air by events and such. No idea where the game gets the genetics from, but I hope it's not the realm's ruler?

Ah, misunderstood the post. In my experience courtiers, or at least the invited knights are a mix of the rulers religion and culture with original appearance or the capital county's religion and culture. Can't say for sure how that's decided tho.